KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Explain your mysterious handles here...

Explain your mysterious handles here...
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
finti

My family name is Fintland thus Finti. All my friends adress me with Finti so do customers at work. The only time people seem to adress me with my given name(Oleiv) is when they want something from me or want me to do something for them.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2001 06:11 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

When I was 18 I had a CB Radio and I had the handle Ratcatcher after a characyter from the DC Batman comics.

Anyway, when I got into the Internet my ISP at the time had an 8 letter restriction on logon names so I shortened it to Ratcat and for there a whole new idea of the persona emerged.

The idea of the Rat and the Cat mixture is quite new, previously it was all Rat.

Also, it has NOTHING to do with the Australia 80/90's band called Ratcat.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2001 07:17 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediOasis
Better Man

Jedi-Because Star Wars is my favorite movie and Jedi's are the baddest mothters in the galaxy
Oasis-Because they are the baddest mothers on the planet, not to mention the greatest band of all time

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Apr 28th, 2001 08:59 PM
JediOasis is currently offline Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

um, I thought Jedi were the goodest mothers..... confused

Old Post Apr 28th, 2001 11:17 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

When I first signed in for a forum, the one at TF.N, I never realised I 'needed' an nickname. So I thought one up, I like q's since Dutch doesn't use them much. I made queeq, and then later I was reminded the back-up computer on Red Dwarf was called "queeg". I must have stored that name somewhere in the back of my head. Anyway, it's "queeq" with q's.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2001 01:42 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Not many q's in the dutch volcabuary huh? I never knew that.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2001 01:49 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

REALLY, queeq? So my original mis-spelling of your name was fact-based after all...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 29th, 2001 01:59 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

YUou weren't the first one to make that mistake Ush so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2001 02:04 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I was SO embarrassed...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 29th, 2001 02:07 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

I got my name from The Clockwork Orange.

[ April 28, 2001: Message edited by: Dim ]

Old Post Apr 29th, 2001 02:09 AM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Sorry, I know it's cruel but that typo made me laugh...

Good old Kubrick and McDowell. Barking, both of them...

[ April 28, 2001: Message edited by: Ushgarak ]

BtVS

Old Post Apr 29th, 2001 02:12 AM
Dim
Creativity

I"m not even going to ask WHY that made you laugh....

I still want to know what keokiswahine means.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2001 02:17 AM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Good point!

And you're right, I'm sorry.

BtVS

Old Post Apr 29th, 2001 02:19 AM
Ratcat

Oh Great! Now I have to go watch a Clockwork Orange to find out why... mad

Old Post Apr 29th, 2001 02:48 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Explain your mysterious handles here...

Having just explained my nickname (in the My Nickname thread, oddly enough), I think it's about time I understood some of the other obscure ones floating around... so, if you feel like blowing your secrets, please explain your on-line names here!

BtVS

Old Post Apr 29th, 2001 04:46 AM
Dim
Creativity

I'll tell you...Dim, aka George, was one of Alec's (MacDowell's) flunkies...

I thought it was a good name and I liked the film...so there ya go.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2001 05:17 PM
Ratcat

And of course, you are Dim!!!

Old Post Apr 29th, 2001 06:27 PM
Gundark
Mayhem

Ahem. Mine is rather self-explanatory, I'm sure. laughing out loud

But I would like to know keo's origin. Sounds american indian to me.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2001 10:52 PM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Sounds very Maori to me. Come on, keo, cough it up.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2001 10:55 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

I guess we'll have to wait until she shows up again and then finds this thread. Could be a while. (Builds campfire and gets out weiners and marshmallows).

Old Post Apr 30th, 2001 11:02 PM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote