KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » This I dont understand

This I dont understand
Started by: finti

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
finti

This I dont understand

The Spanish foreign minister said that Norway has to take part in the payment of expanding EU. Rich countries must pay the most. Now we are NOT part of EU, why the hell shall we pay for EU`s expansion into former east block countries. We dont care if EU consist of poor countries not our problem and to the Spanish foreign minister .... off. I rather be part of USA before EU, EU is corrupt to the core. mad mad

Old Post Jun 16th, 2001 11:57 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
keokiswahine
Confusion

I'm sorry, Finti, I'm not up on the EU stuff, but maybe I should become more aware of what's happening to my fellow JCers. embarrasment

Old Post Jun 16th, 2001 12:11 PM
keokiswahine is currently offline Click here to Send keokiswahine a Private Message Find more posts by keokiswahine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

well keo, do you think Canada would put oup with paying for US further expansion of states? confused Its kind off the same thing here.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2001 06:49 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
keokiswahine
Confusion

That was my first thought. It seems like there alot of pressure to intimidate your government to voluntarily contribute to something far outside of your borders. But, that's international politics. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jun 16th, 2001 08:36 PM
keokiswahine is currently offline Click here to Send keokiswahine a Private Message Find more posts by keokiswahine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

finti, saying that they should do something and making them do something are two different things.

I suggest you read more into what happened before blowing off the EU.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2001 09:40 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Reading more into it? I saw the press conference and since we ARE NOT A PART of EU they shouldnt even consider us. But it is not the first time EU wants Norway to pay their way. It doesnt matter if there is a difference between wanting to do and doing. Its the part that Norway is on the agenda of EU expansion plan, not as a member but as a wallet. Norway has said no to EU membership twice, but its not Norway as a country they want. They want our oil supplies and fishing areas. Spanish and Portugees fishing ships brakes the bounderies every time they are up here, our coastguard should just have sunk the boats. But Norwegian dont use force to to make a statement we belive in negotiation silly us.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2001 01:01 PM
Ratcat

Impound the ships would be a start.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2001 06:54 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Everyone steals everyone else's fishing boundaries in Europe.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 17th, 2001 07:58 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

I never saw this press conference, so I can't comment on whats going on. Although I'm sure you have some half decent politions that will oppose this if its wrong.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2001 09:53 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

I wouldnt give the politicians in Norway too much credit big grin

Old Post Jun 17th, 2001 11:48 PM
queeq
Chaos

Or any politician for that matter. big grin

Old Post Jun 18th, 2001 01:56 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
keokiswahine
Confusion

politics, public guilt trips to other nations, pleading poverty...isn't that all normal politicizing? confused

Old Post Jun 18th, 2001 02:37 AM
finti

Now you sound like those demonstraters that made havoc in Sweden. The avarage Swede have to pay for all the destruction during a demonstration. What have ordinary shops, boutiques and just plain merchandisers done to deserve their stores demolished by angry anarchist going mad? confused

Old Post Jun 18th, 2001 11:44 AM
keokiswahine
Confusion

It's happening everywhere, finti. mad

Old Post Jun 18th, 2001 07:44 PM
queeq
Chaos

The blessings of democracy.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2001 11:02 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote