KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Did US REALLY land on the Moon?

Did US REALLY land on the Moon?
Started by: Raz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Raz
Meister

Admin

Did US REALLY land on the Moon?

Fox recently showed a conspiracy program which shows that America might NOT have actually landed on the moon. Did any of you catch it?

I was able to get a copy and was very surprised by the evidence they provide.
Heres a list:
  • The American Flag shown being planted in the moon flaps, even though there is no air or atmosphere on the moon.
  • Despite clarity of deep space, the stars were missing from the black lunar sky.
  • No blast crater below the lunar lander. Where the powerful rocket would have fired.
  • If the speed of the lunar footage is increased, it looks like astronauts are on earths gravity, suggesting its slowed down tape.
  • Snapshots taken by austronaut suggest there were two distinct source of ligting even though the sun was the only source for them. A snapshot is below:
(please log in to view the image)

There was a ton of other stuff, but I can't be bothered listing them all.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2001 12:01 AM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I wondered if this would ever make a GDF thread!

There was a C5 programme about this a few days back as well, which I missed, and an in-depth discussion during rhe 30th anniversary, which I DID see.

Now, I DO think we landed on the moon. But beyond doubt, there are a lot of interesting questions that NASA MSUT answer if they want to quell speculation!

The most brilliant 'error' is Buzz Aldrin's feet, which somehow are in different postions on the photos than they are on the film and he climbs down the ladder... whoops! Something wrong there...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 25th, 2001 03:11 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

What about the fact that with todays high powered telescopes you can see the base of the lunar landers that were left behind. Seems pretty conclusive to me.

And where did all those Saturn 5's go?

Sorry, didn't see the program.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2001 03:45 AM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
keokiswahine
Confusion

I never saw the flag flapping in the original news releases. eek! confused

Old Post Jun 25th, 2001 04:33 AM
keokiswahine is currently offline Click here to Send keokiswahine a Private Message Find more posts by keokiswahine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

RC, current conspiracy theory is that the landers went there, but there was no-one on board. Radiation making the trip impossible for humans is meant to be the barrier.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 25th, 2001 05:31 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shoeless Jedi

Here's a pretty good site explaining all the "unanswered questions" posed by the conspiracy theorists.
http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/tands.m.../moon_hoax.html

There are countless other sites out there that say similar things too.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2001 07:43 AM
Shoeless Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Shoeless Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Shoeless Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Oh, I know, I have check this out before. Still, as I see it:

1. Why doesn't NASA itself provide the answers? They really are only making things worse by staying quiet all thew time.

2. There are still a few points unasnwered, wherever I go...:

a. The film/photo inconsistency I mentioned above, which is incontrovertible proof that one or the other (probably the photo) is a fake- though this is NOT proof that there were no landings at all.

b. The cosmic ray problem (that site you gave, Shoe, disucusses the problem of the Van Allen belts... I had never heard the belets as a problem! Just goes to show there are always more crazy ideas....). Plenty of modern day phsyics makes out that cosmic rays would be lethal evben on a short trip like that. Space is much more hostile than we believed.

c. The photos... oh God, some of the nuts talk for hours about those... some of them are pros, and oif course some of the people who argue the other way are pros, and it really does get enormously complex and difficult to understand... so forget that one...

d. The guy who desinged the camera swears blind that it shouldn't have worked. I understand the damn thing wouldn't have even been able to wind on.

I am of the opinion that the moon landings DID happen, but most of the shots they got were so poor that they faked a few for our convenience.

BtVS

Old Post Jun 25th, 2001 01:54 PM
queeq
Chaos

Heck no, they just put a lunar lander in a studio and made it look crappy. I bet they made the footage at the same time they did 2001: A Space Odyssee. Just some testcases for Doug Trumbull.
They only way to find out is go there and check out the evidence.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2001 05:15 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

If it was a hoax, it would definately be the hoax of the century. Much bigger than bigfoot and the crop circles secrets revealed.

Actually, I thought we had talked about this once before, I remember queeq and I discussing Capricorn One, about the fake Mars landing.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2001 06:21 PM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

quote:
Originally posted by RC:
<STRONG>What about the fact that with todays high powered telescopes you can see the base of the lunar landers that were left behind. Seems pretty conclusive to me.
</STRONG>

Actually according to the program we cannot see the flag or the buggys left behind, even with the best telescope in the world. Although a Japenese rocket will be going there next year to take close up pictures.

On the flag waving theory, the website Shoe gave said the austronauts were causing the waving. Have a look at this, it looks like wind to me:

There was the temperature thing aswell, when they are in the shadows the temperature goes -250 and in the sun +250, and supposedly the suits can't handle that sort of temperature change.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2001 08:55 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

How can you say it looks like wind in a STILL image?

Sounds like the shopw took a completely unbiased view of the whole thing.... NOT.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2001 10:27 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

shopw? whats that?

Anyway that pic was a capture I took from the video, which clearly showed it flapping independently from the austronaut IMO.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2001 10:38 PM
Ratcat

So, the basic gist of the show was that the moon landings were a 3.5 year long hoax (Apollo 11-17).

What happened to all the Saturn V Launch vehicles?

What about the splashdowns, how where they achieved.

Did the show actually recognise that Apollo missions broke the atmospheric freshold?

What purpose would a hoax be? Aside from a massive finacial coverup?

Old Post Jun 25th, 2001 10:46 PM
Raz
Meister

Admin

Actually the program suggested that no man has ever landed on the moon, due to radiation and what not.

That is also the supposed reason why Russia to this day has never landed on the moon.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2001 10:54 PM
Gundark
Mayhem

I'm going to call Area 51 and get this whole thing straightened out. laughing out loud

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a hoax, knowing our lying scummy government.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2001 01:05 AM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

Hmm...talking about Area 51, thats what the proggie said was used for the filming...and why its off limits.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2001 01:10 AM
Gundark
Mayhem

Well that's not right at all. Area 51 has been off limits since 1950, because that's where they took all the Roswell junk.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2001 01:16 AM
queeq
Chaos

See! An excellent location for a secret soundstage.
You shouldn't believe everything you see on tv or read in the newspapers. laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 26th, 2001 02:17 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

So what we are saying is that all the work Lucas has done in the field of special effects was actually already done by NASA in the 60's and 70's

Old Post Jun 26th, 2001 03:02 AM
Raz
Meister

Admin

They must have done SOMETHING with the $40 Billion budget they had eek!

Wasn't the spacewalk broadcast on TV? Valid point queeq wink

Old Post Jun 26th, 2001 04:18 AM