KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Help!

Help!
Started by: KJ

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KJ
Sausages

Help!

This is for any technical genuises out there.

What would I need to transfer VHS tapes onto a C.D? And how much would it cost?

Old Post Aug 9th, 2001 08:31 PM
KJ is currently offline Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

They have these machines that I see at BestBuy and Circuit City, and all those other electronic stores, that look like big VCR's and they transfer VHS to CD, there like $500.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2001 08:48 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

This is a question for queeq...

Old Post Aug 9th, 2001 09:30 PM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Is it???

Well, I haven't ever done that. But I reckon you need to do this via the computer. In that case you need two things: video input on your computer by either RGB or BNC cable. And therefor you need a videocard that handles that.

And then you need a programme like Adobe Premiere (which is the easiest and cheapest to get, another is Final Cut Pro) where you can transfer it to an AVI-file, Quick-Time file or something like that.

I have ways of doing this at work using a professional AVID editing set up. Although I never do it actually, but I could.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2001 08:05 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Ahem! Step aside Dutchboy.........

OK, you need the following;

1. Computer
  2. Video Card with video in capability (Plenty Available. ATI have a good selection, at reasonable prices. I'd suggest something with straigh 3 phono composite like the ATI-TV WONDER .
  3. A Stereo Soundcard, Creative labs or similar.
  4. A VCR with either Phono or Scart Out
  5. CD Burner

Once you have fitted the kit into the PC and installed the software, it's just a case of connecting the VCR to the Video in and Sound in and you're all set.

The ATI cards come with software to allow you to record the inputs to an AVI or MPG file, MPG can generally be played through a DVD player.

Once you have captured you video to file, burn that file to CD.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2001 06:55 AM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

Thanks everybody. I have most of that stuff already so I should be able to do it.

I use Avid at college but the scrooges won't let me use it for "home use". mad

Old Post Aug 11th, 2001 02:45 PM
KJ is currently offline Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Tell them it's business then. big grin

Old Post Aug 13th, 2001 08:33 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

Damm, your right. smile

Old Post Aug 13th, 2001 06:21 PM
queeq
Chaos

Always glad I could help out. big grin

Old Post Aug 14th, 2001 08:44 AM