KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » 5 - 1

5 - 1
Started by: mechmoggy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

5 - 1

Can't believe nobody else has posted about the England v Germany match on Saturday. As you may have expected I got completely rat-arsed on beer and double whiskey chasers.

Owen walked away with the match ball but I was carried out by some friends. Hurrah. smile

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2001 12:43 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

I was hoping no one would mention it. sad

According to a journalist on BBC2 you have already won the World Cup.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2001 01:47 PM
KJ is currently offline Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Let's talk about the 0-1 defeat of Holland!!!

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2001 02:00 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

Let's talk about how Scotland are going to beat Belgium on Wednesday! big grin

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2001 02:03 PM
KJ is currently offline Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Hey kid, don't get cocky!!

btw: it's going to be a draw, that's when Scotland finally plays well, they didn't deserve to win against Croatia big grin

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2001 02:09 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

I know. But if you read the press over here then you'd think we got beat. We've played Croatia twice and drawn twice but they still say Croatia are a better team. They're not. They've had two chances to prove it and they still can't beat us.

I think we'll beat Begium and Latvia in our last matches and qualify.
And Belgium will beat Croatia because their not as good as everyone thinks.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2001 02:18 PM
finti

That was a great match (Germany- England)
I always cheered for England that is where my football heart lies.
Leeds United big grin Norway suck big time at the moment. The Norwegian coach is probably the only coach on a loosing streak that get an offer for 5 new years good work Norway...not fire his ass. Gonna play Wales on wednesday if we loose to the taffys I personally gonna go to Oslo and kick the coaches ass, he uses palyers that are ready for geriatric department at retiering home for elders.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2001 02:18 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

I think there are some realists out there, including the team might I add, who realise that one victory a world cup does not make.

Let's see what happens on Wednesday, it may be a lesser team, but at least it will give us more to measure by.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2001 02:19 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

laughing out loud Tore Andre Flo is playing terrible for Rangers as well.

It looks like a few big teams might not make it like Holland, Germany, Brazil and the Czech Republic.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2001 02:20 PM
yerssot

You don't hear me complaining smile Go Belgium!!!!
btw: Czech Republic can still go on, but they than have to play extra, against the number 2 of group 6 (where Belgium is)

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2001 02:26 PM
KJ
Sausages

And where you're going to stay, while we take top spot! big grin

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2001 02:45 PM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

go czech republic! they're my favourite team, except norway (who's not much of a team to be liking these days).

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2001 03:17 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

Why the Czech Republic?

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2001 03:46 PM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

i like their playing stile, and have enjoyed watching their matches for many years.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2001 04:47 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

Their the reason we never qualified automatically for Euro2000. sad

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2001 05:43 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Now, Yerssot raises a good point. Only a few months ago, queeq wwas mocking the poor performance of the England team. Well, who has just given the German's their worst competitive result since 1936, their first home qualifiying defeat in 15 years... and who has just lost to the Republic of Ireland and is NOT GOING TO THE WORLD CUP!

I wish queeq were here, he deserves to hear all this. May I add that the Dutch manager blamed it on he hard pitch. Diddums...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2001 06:09 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

of course he blaimed the hard pitch they live under the water levell you know. big grin I`m really glad on Englands behalf, if England played Norway I would have a hard time to choose side. Sounds strange comming from a Norwegian. The reason is that I followed the English league since I was around 6 years old, of course my heart beats for Norway. I cant really explain it but I really do cheer for England and curses the way Norway are playing at the moment.(Ask Monika she has to calm down my abbusive language everytime Norway plays) This is her during a match "Live is going to pick up all those foul words so get a grip on your language boy and they cant hear you through the TV anyway so stop yelling." "Do you have to use that kind of language?" big grin

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2001 07:29 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Watch that language as in bad langauge or English...?

I understand more Swedes watched the England match than the Swedish one as well.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2001 08:30 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

In the Czech republic- team plays Koller, he was one of the greatest in Belgium were he played for Anderlecht.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2001 09:26 PM
finti

Its the only way to translate the Norwegian way into English Ush.
But when I swear/curse during a game its a mixture of English and Norwegian cursewords. Its kind of weird, but English cursewords(4 letter words) is common words when people here in Norway watch football matches. Its like this:
"F... off a..hole det har vel aldri vært frispark jævla f...e(foul Norwegian word that women hate) dommer" In English it would be:
"F... off a..hole no way that was a freekick you c...t of a refferee."

Old Post Sep 4th, 2001 07:58 AM