KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Has you spouse ever gone through your reciepts?

Has you spouse ever gone through your reciepts?
Started by: Ratcat

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ratcat

Has you spouse ever gone through your reciepts?

Ok, this is one of those yucky threads that I like to post once in a while.

Basically, I was wondering if anyone had ever had their spouse go through thie handbag or briefcase looking for stuck because they didn't trust them.

Or indeed, is anyone willing to admit to being a mistrusting spouse that did that.

I had a recent, though quite innocent, experience of this just recently. In this instance my spouse was not being sneaky, she was just helping me sort some papers.

Anyway, we came across a big bag of reciepts from a trip I had been on, so we took half the pile each (there were about 100 or so receipts for all sorts of things.) So, this receipt for a wooden hippo was in her pile and she grilled me for about 10 minutes on why I'd bought this hippo.

The fact was that I had paid for the hippo and the person who had wanted to by it gave me the cash back against my credit card because they ahd forgotten to bring any money.

All very innocnet, but it got me thinking about this sort of thing, and also reminded me on the scene in "When Harry Met Sally" where Carrie Fishers character is telling Meg Ryans character about how she went down her lovers briefcase and "just happened" to see his American Express Bill.

So, anyone had any sneaky experiences like this?

Old Post Sep 7th, 2001 10:14 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Bit out of my line of experience.. but was it a nice Hippo?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 7th, 2001 10:31 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

My best friend works at the online banking department of Bank of America, and she goes through all my financial records, she's always asking me what I bought at so and so, just to piss me offmad She's not suppose too, but it's fine, If I want to buy something at a naughty store, I'll use cash!

Old Post Sep 7th, 2001 10:43 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

quote:
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Bit out of my line of experience.. but was it a nice Hippo?
Dunno, I didn't really notice...

Old Post Sep 7th, 2001 10:44 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I like Hippos.

I am sure I will have troubles like this in the real world... one day...

(BTW... 'naughty store'... nice ohrase, I'll give it to Zereil)

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 7th, 2001 10:58 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

What you buying in those kind of stores Tex???

Old Post Sep 7th, 2001 11:42 PM
Dim
Creativity

I was too afraid to ask.. eek!

Old Post Sep 7th, 2001 11:56 PM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

don't ask embarrasment

Old Post Sep 8th, 2001 12:29 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Seems best...

ANYWAY, back to my question....

Old Post Sep 8th, 2001 02:04 AM
Dim
Creativity

Yes, I have had something like that....and it caused a HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE argument..and it almost broke the relationship up.. It's really best to stay out of other peoples things.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2001 03:23 PM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Almost is better than did isn't it?

*Being very "Galss half full" today.* smile

Old Post Sep 8th, 2001 04:14 PM
Edna Witch
Magic

**Wonders if she should take Ush to the zoo to see the Hippo's on his birthday!**

"This Party's Over" -Mace Windu, epII

Old Post Sep 8th, 2001 04:57 PM
Edna Witch is currently offline Click here to Send Edna Witch a Private Message Find more posts by Edna Witch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It's alright for you, you like cows, you can see them any time you like.

BtVS

Old Post Sep 8th, 2001 11:11 PM
Ratcat

They have cows in Essex...

Old Post Sep 9th, 2001 08:19 AM
yerssot

roll eyes (sarcastic)

D'euh, otherwhise there would be no mad-cows desease big grin big grin

Old Post Sep 9th, 2001 09:24 AM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

What the heck does it matter if there are cows in Essex, mad or otherwise? Cows in Staffordshire or Hippos in Essex is the relevant bit, and that's where Edna has the advantage, unless I have missed the large Hippo farm next door.

BtVS

Old Post Sep 9th, 2001 11:12 AM
yerssot

It mathers for the same reason as there life elephants next door, NONE

Old Post Sep 9th, 2001 01:14 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

I bet, if you really looked, you could find a hippo in Essex.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2001 01:17 PM
finti

any whales we can hunt? cool

Old Post Sep 9th, 2001 02:16 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

quote:
Almost is better than did isn't it?

Hmmmmmmmmmm..no, not really...but it's okay now.

Oh no..fint's after the whales again.. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Sep 9th, 2001 03:01 PM