KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Should we rebuild the twin towers?

Should we rebuild the twin towers?
Started by: Tex

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tex
Yumsz

Should we rebuild the twin towers?

I know we are still grieving, but at a time like this, I can only look to a happier future. I am wondering what some of your board members think about the twin towers being rebuilt, or if they should be rebuilt. I think that they must be rebuilt. They are a symbol of our country, I cant imagine Manhattan without the towers. They would be thousand foot memorials to all those lost souls and of course they would construct a memorial at the base of the new towers. Does anyone have any suggestions to what should be done? I would rebuild the towers exactly how they looked like, except they would be red, white and blue and an enormous American flag would fly at the top off the lighting poll. Maybe I'm a little too patriotic smile

Old Post Sep 13th, 2001 08:03 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

I don't think they should rebuild the old design..but I do think they have to build a new Trade center.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2001 08:10 PM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

I do believe that a "New World Trade Center" should be build, however I do worry about how the location will be percieved in future.

It would be no good if the replacement simply became a memorial to the dead. It needs to once again return to being the focal point of world trade, befitting of its name.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2001 10:26 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sand person no. 10
where are the other nine

i quite like the idea fo them building 2 thousand foot high posts into the ground with the names of the victims on them, i think it would be unfair for people who have to work in the new wtc to work in the same place as all of that tradgedy and with the fear that this may unfortunately happen again.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2001 10:50 PM
sand person no. 10 is currently offline Click here to Send sand person no. 10 a Private Message Find more posts by sand person no. 10 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jameous Woodshire

I also think it some sort of building be built to house those business.

But we should turn the area into a park or memorial for the lost. I liked the stone seats that the Murra building bombing memorial has, but there may be too many gone this time for that, and it should be different from every memorial made.

Sometimg with the victims names and possably a reflecting pond, or maybe plant trees one for each victim where WTC stood.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2001 03:49 AM
Jameous Woodshire is currently offline Click here to Send Jameous Woodshire a Private Message Find more posts by Jameous Woodshire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
keokiswahine
Confusion

something so they will not have died in vain. a peace park would be nice.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2001 07:07 AM
keokiswahine is currently offline Click here to Send keokiswahine a Private Message Find more posts by keokiswahine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darth fester
jay & silent bobs friend

As we have seen this week tall buildings are not safe.

Lessons must be learnt on the saftey of people who work and live in tall towers.

We all saw the images of people jumping from windows and it was shocking

the only reason these tall towers are built are because of money

I read a report a few years ago on how bulidngs are gonna get higher and higher

lets hope after what happened on tuesday they dont

Old Post Sep 14th, 2001 08:40 AM
darth fester is currently offline Click here to Send darth fester a Private Message Find more posts by darth fester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

Well..in the case of a plane hitting it I wonder if any building is safe.. I don't really have an idea of what they'll do but I'm sure they'll do something good..The Oklahoma Peace Park is really beautiful so I would think they'd do something as nice or nicer for the World Trade Center/Pentagon disaster.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2001 01:18 PM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

I don't think that would be wise. There are a lot of painfull memories there, so perhaps built something on it, but I don't think that would be good

Old Post Sep 14th, 2001 03:19 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

The more I think about it, the less I like the notion of rebuilding the towers. They would be like two ghosts. I think Dim is correct, The World Trade Center would need a new design. I wonder where it would be built? no more room in Manhattan, they would probally have to demolish some buildings in Battery Park or fill up the Hudson and build it on the bank. I can imagine the memorial is going to be beyond beautiful.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2001 07:34 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

I do agree that the area will become a garden/park area in memeorial of the dead.

As far as the towers being rebuilt, there is no question they will. Perhaps not the same design, but new towers will be erected. Thousands of businesses are without a place to work out of right now, so they must build something.

I think we will build something quickly, as a sign of our strength.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2001 04:00 AM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Didn't Dubyah just say this week that they would be rebuilt...

Old Post Sep 27th, 2001 06:34 AM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

Perhaps building four 50 foot towers would be better than the original design.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2001 10:11 AM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Don't you mean 50 story, 50 foot towers wouldn't hold that much...

Old Post Sep 27th, 2001 11:58 AM
Gundark
Mayhem

Yes, that's what I meant. You'll have to excuse me, I just got the total for my car inspection and I'm in a state of shock.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2001 01:10 PM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Ah! Not good then?

Old Post Sep 27th, 2001 01:52 PM