KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » New situation

New situation
Started by: finti

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
finti

New situation

After todays events we are technically at WAR.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2001 09:24 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Ohhhh, Tex got on It Nif's nerves!!!!!!! *Big Yawn* roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2001 09:27 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Texas' first war action: Protection of Sig, RC not comrad, made fun of his pumpkins one too many times! Texas has learned from Battle of the Edna!

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2001 09:29 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Re: New situation

quote:
Originally posted by finti
After todays events we are technically at WAR.
We are? Who with? There was nothing on the news.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2001 09:33 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Durrrrrrrrr roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2001 09:34 PM
Ratcat

Well there's nothing about being at war with anyone anywhere...

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2001 09:41 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

WOW!!!!!I think the 'Authority' in your job title should be stripped immediately big grin

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2001 09:43 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ok, we have some SERIOUS cross-purposes here.

Are you sure you have read this one right, Texas?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2001 09:43 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Nato has accepted the US evidence toward the bin laden connection. This means Nato is technically at war

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2001 09:45 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

I think I have, isn't Finti at war with me because I said he could grabb RC's pumpkins and I called him It Nif????? My stars, I am confussed??? Why has something happend in the news? confused confused confused

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2001 09:46 PM
finti

I could have made it a bit clearer though. Texas just missinterpeded the topic, we have had our little battle earlier on. He is excused for this one, my fault actually

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2001 09:47 PM
Tex
Yumsz

embarrasment embarrasment embarrasment embarrasment embarrasment Damn, I wanted a board war so badly embarrasment embarrasment *Apologies to RC*

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2001 09:48 PM
Ratcat

It doesn't mean anything of the sort. Whilst a "War on Terrorism" was declared, there hasn't yet been a formal declaration of war against any other country.

There have been threats but no formal declaration as far as I can see.

If I have missed something then I am happy to be corrected.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2001 09:49 PM
finti

The press man for Nato, had a press conferance where he stated that Nato have accepted the evidence Us have put forward.
This means that USA claimes to been attacked from abroad and a attack on a Nato member is an attack on the entire alliance.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2001 09:53 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

In many ways, this is down to definiton

But I think I do remember reading that the US itself has decided not to invoke article 5.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2001 09:56 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Fintu, that still doesn't equal war though.

Now that the NATO have accepted the evidence there is a complex political situation where the government that are habouring Bin Laden either need to hand him over or not.

The Taliban have already started talking negotiation because they are scared silly that they will be atacked.

If they don't hand him over then war may be close but we haven't reached that point yet.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2001 10:42 PM
Raz
Meister

Admin

You really think its going to be a two-way war?

Do the Taliban even have anything worthwhile to throw back?

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2001 11:10 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Afghanistan CERTAINLY does. Just ask the Russians.

BtVS

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2001 11:23 PM
Raz
Meister

Admin

Ah yes...now I remember....something to do with the CIA arming them?

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2001 11:25 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

The CIA let the Afghanistans shoot down the Russian Helicopters, which eventually led to their withdrawl. But long before then it was a hopeless situation. The Afghanistans know their ground well and are very fierce and uncompromising mountain fighters. You can take their cities, bomb their roads and starve their population and still lose 1000 men a week.

The Russian Commanders used to make small raids just to gain the respect of the local resistance leaders. Then they would negotiate a local peace; for many Russians the priority was not victory but just to keep as many of your men alive as possible.

I really hope we don't try an occupation invasion like the Russians did. We'll sink the country but we'll maybe never win the war.

BtVS

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2001 11:30 PM