KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Havoc's Gun Club

Havoc's Gun Club
Started by: HavocHound

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
HavocHound

Havoc's Gun Club

Discuss threats to liberty all around the world and ways to combat tyranny! Talk about your favorite types of guns! Talk about history! And definately talk about the similarities between Star Wars and real life!

~~~~~

Taliban = Empire
Northern Alliance = Rebel Alliance

Uncanny? Yes! Reminiscent of the Contras in the '80s. I love that prefix CONTRA. It echoes with the thoes of rebellion. I also love the game 'Contra' - a classic - one my childhood favorites.

I'm a child of the '80s. In fact, I was born in 1980. I was raised on movies like Star Wars and Indiana Jones, video games like Contra and Gradius, and cartoons like G.I. Joe and other such reflections of anti-totalitarian ideology. In the '90s I became jaded from the lack of heroism in the world and the overall submissive mentality of the majority during the dark years of the Clinton-Gore-Reno Empire. The attack of September 11 and the response of the firefighters, police, soldiers, and citizens reminded me that there are still heroes in the world who are ready to risk it all simply because it's the right thing to do.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2001 02:25 PM
HavocHound is currently offline Click here to Send HavocHound a Private Message Find more posts by HavocHound Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Well at least USA had economic growt during the Clinton-Gore administration. That jerk of a president you got now makes me laugh.
Dont you think the firefighters, police, soldiers, and citizens would be just as much heroes if the attack had occured during the last Precidency???

Reminiscent of the Contras in the '80s yeah made by CIA what a great move

Old Post Oct 25th, 2001 03:25 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

I honestly can't beleive what I'm reading.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2001 03:37 PM
KJ is currently offline Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Ah, hell might as well. I'm in Texas, every one here has a gun. I dont have one yet, but my dad is an avid gun collector. I dont know much about them, but our entire game room is filled with gun displays. He's got shot guns, and rifles and those little hand guns, and old guns from like all the wars and he has guns with big barrels and guns made out of solid gold and guns with jewels and all that other stuff. He's really proud of them. I want to get a regular hand gun to shoot at the firing range, my mom does and she says it's a great stress reliever. It's funny, my mom's this conservative businesswoman at ExxonMobile embarrasment

Old Post Oct 25th, 2001 04:46 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Exxon????
they make plastic-stuff right?

Old Post Oct 25th, 2001 05:07 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
I honestly can't beleive what I'm reading

Who are you aiming at KJ??

Old Post Oct 25th, 2001 07:27 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

Exxon is an oil company.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Oct 25th, 2001 07:31 PM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Called Esso in Europe

Old Post Oct 25th, 2001 07:33 PM
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

I think Jing Jedi is refering to HH

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Oct 25th, 2001 07:35 PM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

oh Jing Jedi he`s been degraded then laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 25th, 2001 07:37 PM
yerssot

Texas... if I'm not mistaken my father and your mother are work-related. My father works with Engelhard, if she knows that...

Old Post Oct 25th, 2001 07:41 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I'd hate the idea of having a gun and my child playing with it. Therefore no guns for me, thanks.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2001 07:58 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Engelhard? Is that part of ExxonMobile confused ? She's in the research department.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2001 08:20 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

this thread is strange confused

Old Post Oct 25th, 2001 08:46 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

yes. It could use a picture of bjork big grin

Old Post Oct 25th, 2001 08:48 PM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

you use any excuse to talk about bjork, huh? big grin

Old Post Oct 25th, 2001 08:50 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Just this week, it's Bjork appreciation week big grin DOnt worry, you wont hear a peep out of me about Bjork next week big grin

Old Post Oct 25th, 2001 08:51 PM
yerssot

I don't know exactly OR they are concurrents OR Exxon has a contract with Engelhard...

Old Post Oct 25th, 2001 08:53 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Blimey! It's a sad day for George Lucas's carefully constructed moral structure if there is ANYONE who can even vaguely compare the Northern Alliance and the Rebel Alliance!I hope you are aware that the Norhtern Alliance loathes the US as well. They just loathe the Taliban (and the Russians) more.

The other comparision is flawed as well. The Empire is based upon an athestic state. The Taliban is religious fundamentalism.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 25th, 2001 10:32 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Yeah! What Ush said... confused

Old Post Oct 25th, 2001 10:50 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote