KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » DYWMAON, continued

DYWMAON, continued
Started by: HavocHound

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
HavocHound

DYWMAON, continued

The original DYWMAON was closed so I never got a chance to explain some things.

~~~~~

"I guess HH didn't quite understand what I meant when I said that I CANNOT support myself... I guess he thought I was just a work-shy layabout."

Ush, I never called you that. I'm just saying that people help people. Government only hurts. Governments exist to enslave and make war on their own citizens and the citizens of other nations. Authority is inherently amoral when it's driven by power rather than knowledge. Mentor authority is good (as in a father and son) whereas dictator authority is evil (as in the Pharaoh enslaving the Hebrews). In Star Wars terms, it's just like the difference between the Jedi and the Sith.

Whatever happened to 'love thy neighbor'? If people did that, bureaucracy would be pointless. Of course, bureaucracy is pointless anyway because all bureaucrats are hypocrites, all politicians are liars, and all government agents are jack-booted government thugs. It doesn't where or when in the world you are. Overpowered authority is a constant evil that must always be confronted with the power of justice. Or maybe I really am just a silly idealist.

~~~~~

What I mean when I say that I oppose society is that I oppose the way society is constructed. You talk about strong vs. weak? Well, that's the way society already is. When the strong are in control, it's might makes right and the weak become enslaved. The weak are those who have no say in the System. In reality, the strong are weaker because of their dependence on the system. I reiterate something I've often said - government should be the servant, not the master.

~~~~~

And as for those of you who still maintain an anti-gun viewpoint, I have to ask - did you see the first half of 'Uprising' last night on NBC? What if the downtrodden Jews in the Warsaw Ghetto had never gotten their hands on those weapons? They all would have been pulverized by the Nazis. They had nothing to lose so they resisted. They wouldn't have been able to do it without guns and bombs. In that same way, we must arise, as must all the oppressed people throughout all generations, until we shed the blood of every tyrant and every minion. THAT is justice. THAT is honor. And THAT is only way to achieve liberation.

I taped the first half of 'Uprising' last night at my friend's house. He's going to tape the second half for me tonight.

So I ask you - when tyranny raises its head and slams down its iron fist upon you, what do you do? Do you submit to the oppression? Do you betray your bretheren and join the enemy? Do you run? Do you hide? Or do you lay waste to your oppressor?

The only viable options are running and hiding when necessary and fighting when you can do the most damage. It requires sacrificing your safety for the sake of freedom. Without freedom, why live?

Old Post Nov 5th, 2001 04:23 PM
HavocHound is currently offline Click here to Send HavocHound a Private Message Find more posts by HavocHound Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

When will you get into your head that we aint all Americans on this board.
If you want to take your gun and live in a shed in the middle of nowhere , go ahead.
Somehow we manage to get along in Norway without weapons, even the Police dont carry guns. Of course there is violence, but that is due to human nature and behavior rather than a governmental body.

quote:
Governments exist to enslave and make war on their own citizens and the citizens of other nations.

This is just major BS. I think you would have been better off in the stone age.
Instead of attacking the government all the time you should look into your own belives which in the end leads to totalitarian dictatorship.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2001 04:39 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

Re: DYWMAON, continued

quote:
[i]What if the downtrodden Jews in the Warsaw Ghetto had never gotten their hands on those weapons? They all would have been pulverized by the Nazis. [/B]

using this as an example is NONSENSE and you now it ( i hope ).it just shows that you don't have any good reasons for your views.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2001 06:58 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

If you watch the second half you will learn that the Jews lost, and that those who survive the Nazi's stomping down the uprising end up in places like Treblinka and Auschwitz.
See! The one with the bigger guns win! That is excactly what the society you proclaim will look like, HH. The ones with the bigger guns always win.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2001 07:46 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

That;s the weirdest refuation of my point I have ever seen, HH.

My point was in a no-society system you espouse there is NO system that will keep me supported. Like I say, the only people who could look after me are people like you, and you are NOT accountable to anyone., There is no accountability, no checks and balances and absolutely no sanity in your system

I find it amazing that you somehow think that that the weak are more downtrodden inside a society than outside of it. What absolute nonsense! I am the weak yet I have as much power as most people I know. Without society I would be lucky to be alive right now, and if I was I would have absolutely NOTHING. That;s why you scare me.

Nextly, you think those downtrodden Jews in the Warsaw ghettos were able to fight because they all had a right to bear arms? What NONSENSE! They got arms ILLEGALLY under desperate circumstances. Right to bear arms or no right to bear arms, they would have had the guns all the same! Your pro-gun laws would have made NO difference to that situation! Nor would anti-gun laws have prevented it. It is a nonsense example.

Here, though, is a fact that is not nonsense. If you combine the populations of Great Britain, France, Germany, Japan, Switzerland, Sweden, Denmark and Australia you get roughly the same population as the US.

In 1999, those countries combined had 112 gun deaths. The US, in the same year, had 32000.

Now, is the average American more psychotic and murderous than the average person elsewhere? Of course not. Is crime worse in the US? No, it's pretty even, and it would have to be unimaginably worse to explain that figure.

So what can possibly explain a situation where you are THREE HUNDRED TIMES more likely to be shot dead in the US than in other western countries? And you don;t want to even THINK about how much more likely you are to be IJNURED by guns in the US. What is it that creates a situation in that the average New York Doctor sees more gun wounds in one week than a London one will see in his career?

There is only one explanation, and that is because of the lack of gun-control laws in your country, And the reason there are none is because the Second Amendment prevents it.

Now, don;t think for one moment I am US bashing here; I love the States and I can point out a lot of ways that it is better,. But that particular statistic cannot be ignored.

If you can show me ANY good the Second Amendment has EVER done, I will be impressed. The entirity of the rest of Western civilisation has survived without thinking that citizens all have to be armed to the teeth and ready to take control at a moment's notice.

if you can show me how the Second Amendment is in any way worth the deaths of 30000 people a year, I will call it a miracle.

It's not that owning a gun makes you a murderer. It's not that government wants to take power away from people. It is simply that guns are a VAST problem in your country., They must be regulated.

Justifying their use on the spurious grounds of needing to defend yourself against state tyranny, when democracy ensures that the State IS a tool of the people (despite what you think) is simply feeble.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 5th, 2001 08:12 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Hey HH, I bet my gun is bigger than yourseek!smokin'coolsmokin'eek!

Old Post Nov 6th, 2001 04:01 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

Dim, queeq, please close this. HH cannot be allowed to preach like this, especially after September 11th. His views are disturbing.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Nov 6th, 2001 05:34 AM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HavocHound

"There is no accountability, no checks and balances and absolutely no sanity in your system"

Wrong. People are accountable to each other. Checks and balances would be honored moreso than ever before.

"I find it amazing that you somehow think that that the weak are more downtrodden inside a society than outside of it. What absolute nonsense! I am the weak yet I have as much power as most people I know. Without society I would be lucky to be alive right now, and if I was I would have absolutely NOTHING. That;s why you scare me."

Well, okay. You're talking about the good side of society, though, whereas I was talking about the more powerful dark side of society. If every person was treated as an individual, we'd all respect each other and no one would be seen as expendable.

"Nextly, you think those downtrodden Jews in the Warsaw ghettos were able to fight because they all had a right to bear arms?"

All I said was that they were able to get their hands on weapons, which gave them the ability to fight back.

"What NONSENSE! They got arms ILLEGALLY under desperate circumstances. Right to bear arms or no right to bear arms, they would have had the guns all the same!"

That's a good thing if you ask me.

"Your pro-gun laws would have made NO difference to that situation! Nor would anti-gun laws have prevented it. It is a nonsense example."

There's no such thing as a pro-gun law. A law is a restriction. Therefore, pertaining to guns, there are only anti-gun laws, no pro-gun laws.

~~~~~

Anyway, I'm an advocate of securing revolution, liberation, and freedom for furture generations. My ideology will not lead to totalitarianism. Someone once proposed to me that we agree to disagree. I think that's a good idea.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2001 01:09 PM
HavocHound is currently offline Click here to Send HavocHound a Private Message Find more posts by HavocHound Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HavocHound

To put it in Star Wars terms (which always makes everything easier to understand), tell me what the Rebels would have done if they hadn't had gun-runners to supply them with arms. Don't tell me that Star Wars if fantasy and that the Star Wars example doesn't count. We all know it's fantasy but it's also based on history. That's why it's so good, because it hits home.

What about the American Revolution, the French Revolution, or the pre-Bolshevik Russian Revolution? Those are all examples of what armed citizens can do when pushed to the brink.

What is the correct response to a screwlyard bully who's trying to hurt you? Make him stop...any way you can. What is the correct response to a screwlyard bully who's trying to hurt your friend or some other bystander? Make him stop...any way you can. What is the correct response to a teacher, administrator, faculty member, coach, or dean who's unjustly ostracizing and abusing a student? Make them stop...any way you can. What about abusive parents? What about abusive cops? What about politicians or lawyers or bankers or businessmen who use leverage against people?

Sometimes justice can only be dealt out illegally. Sometimes through the barrel of a sniper rifle. Sometimes with sawed-off shotguns and pipe bombs*. Those who enslave others and abuse their power are accountable for what they do and they must pay, as must all who serve them. You can't reason with the irrational. Tyrants and bullies only understand the Big Fist.

*not a reference to Columbine, which was NOT an example of justice.

~~~~~

Now I'll tell you a little about Zero Tolerance, an example of modern-day totalitarianism at work in many public (government) screwls. Students are treated as expendable commodities of microcosmic statist institutions. It's just like George Orwell's '1984', Ray Bradbury's 'Ferrenheit 451', or George Lucas's 'THX-1138'. It's an example of a totalitarian regime forcing it's prisoners to think the way the powers that be what them to think.

Most of the valuable things I know, I learned on my own. Very few valuable things were learned in screwl. What I learned in screwl is that the dictator's word is law and all who obey will be rewarded, but only enough to keep them content and complacent, even if the order they obey commands them to betray their friends. Snitching on your friends over petty things (like having a butter knife in your bag) is recommended by the regime. It's the very definition of dishonor.

~~~~~

If I scare you, I understand. I am radically different from most people. I've frightened many in the past, unintentionally, simply because I wanted to share my ideas. It isn't me - as a whole - that's frightening, it's my mind. You should see my sketchbooks - chok-full of chaotic images and poems that represent my outpourings. Maybe I am criminally insane...but for all the right reasons. Perhaps sanity isn't all it's cracked up to be. If sanity is merely thinking like everyone else, then it has no value. If insanity is synonymous with psychological independence, then I am definately insane.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2001 01:33 PM
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

HH, your GDF topics are a little too heavy for my dinner time internet meander I'm afraid. sad

Old Post Nov 6th, 2001 01:34 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HavocHound

"Dim, queeq, please close this. HH cannot be allowed to preach like this, especially after September 11th. His views are disturbing."

What do you mean by that? As if I support the enemy? HELL NO!! I want to see bin Laden's head on a plate! I want to see the Talibastards annihilated! I want to see Al Quaeda disbanded! I want an end to the terror as much as you.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2001 01:37 PM
HavocHound

Heavy? Sorry. Maybe my threads oughtta go on a diet. wink

Old Post Nov 6th, 2001 02:15 PM
Dim
Creativity

What I don't get HH..is why you want to come what is basically a European Star Wars forum and rant continuously about killing, the downfall of society and guns...If that's all you want to talk about go to a better suited forum. Because, honestly ...we don't care. we don't want to talk about it!.. If you want to stay here and talk about something other than those things fine...but I honestly doubt you could. You are obessed with it. Why don't you try focusing on one of the other nine admendments in the Bill of Rights for a while..

I'm closing this thread..if you think that's unfair I'm sorry, but I'm not going to just sit around and let you rant about this crap until you drive everyone away..

Old Post Nov 6th, 2001 02:58 PM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote