KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » The Third Official KMC Forums Sig Making Contest!

The Third Official KMC Forums Sig Making Contest!
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

The Third Official KMC Forums Sig Making Contest!

After some time off, we are now ready for the third of our signatrure making contests, which will be run on pretty much the same lines as the one before. If this is very successful, we may run contests with more categories and other such things in future!

This competition is open to any registered member of the forums. Here is what we want entrants to do: Simply make a new signature image for yourself, that you might use at these forums. Make it as well as you can, something that you can be really proud of. Post it here. Then, when submissions are over, Raz and myself will judge the sigs and pick three winners, one for each of the following categories.

1. Best-looking signature, a simple award for the one that simply looks the best

2. Best designed signature, an award for the one that the judges feel was the most expertly and competently created.

3. The cleverest signature, an award for the signature that the judges think has the cleverest concept- originality and thought count a lot here.

Closing date for this competition is the end of the year. Please, take your time, as we will only be accepting single submissions; don't submit until you are sure you are finished.

When you are done, post your entry in this thread as an attachment. Please do not use this thread for anything other than posting entries! We have had difficulties with this before- this thread really is for entries only. If you wish to discuss the contest, please do it here:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f11/t21445.html

Please, all queries there, this thread is just for entries.

Signatures can be of any form you like- scanned pics (so long as a reasonable amount of effort is done to make it your own) or pieces of art built from scratch. Certain things are more likely to win certain awards- scanned stuff tends to look better but a well made piece from scratch is far more likely to win the design award. Your name does not HAVE to be on the sig but that is the custom- if your name is not on the sig it had best be for a design reason. If you want to accompany your entry with an explanation of how you created it, that would be welcomed.

Please observe the following rules:

1. Of course, the decision of the judges is final, and no argument will be entered into.

2. The sig cannot be more than 100K large data-wise, and must not be so big as to disrupt the formatting of the page. It can be as small as you like, it just might not get noticed if it is tiny.

3. We have to be satisfied that the signature was created yourself, and not just taken from somewhere else- it is a sig MAKING contest after all. And it has to be a new signature, made specifically for this contest.

4. Do not start using your entry as an actual signature until the contest is done! This makes it VERY hard for us to tell if you were using it beforehand or not! Any entry actually being used as a sig will not be valid.

5. It has to be a sig that we can reasonably accept would appear on the KMC forums. This includes many common sense things like it likely having a link to one the the movies covered here, and probably containing your name. More importantly, though, it must be G-rated, no profanity, or nudity, and so on.

6. ONLY ONE ENTRY IS ALLOWED. Make sure your sig is finished before posting it; only your first entry will be accepted- mistakes and all.

7. We reserve the right to change the rules at any time, for which you will have to rely on our common sense as we will rely on yours.

-

So please, post your entries- and only your entries!- here.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 15th, 2003 12:20 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

This is my first ever attempt at a true signature.

It was made using Microsoft Paint, so it's not as flashy as everyone elses will more than likely be.

There are a couple minor discrepancies I wish I could change, but I do not have the power to since I don't have Photoshop.

The black lines I wish were transparent and the ring in Gollums eye I wanted to be 50% transparent so it looks more like a reflection.

Attachment: gollum.jpg
This has been downloaded 708 time(s).

Old Post Dec 15th, 2003 12:32 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

ok this is my first attempt at a sig
here goes *crosses fingers*

Attachment: new sig, for contest.jpg
This has been downloaded 680 time(s).

Old Post Dec 15th, 2003 02:05 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkweaver
Frobozz Magic Avatar Co.

Okay, I'm going for broke. I'm going to enter the one that was suggested. Here it goes...

Attachment: rachaelbellabanner196b.jpg
This has been downloaded 527 time(s).

Old Post Dec 15th, 2003 02:38 AM
Darkweaver is currently offline Click here to Send Darkweaver a Private Message Find more posts by Darkweaver Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

Here's mine. It's not to different from the one I've got, but I made my one based on having it for the third competition, but I got fed up of waiting so I decided to use it.

Attachment: sigcomp3 copy.jpg
This has been downloaded 637 time(s).

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Dec 15th, 2003 05:17 PM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hegemon875
Archvillain

I should probably wait a while longer before posting my sig but I just can't do it so here it is.

Attachment: maul sig copy.jpg
This has been downloaded 670 time(s).

Last edited by Hegemon875 on Dec 15th, 2003 at 10:20 PM

Old Post Dec 15th, 2003 10:15 PM
Hegemon875 is currently offline Click here to Send Hegemon875 a Private Message Find more posts by Hegemon875 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
V@LL3jOk!D707

heres mine

Attachment: rouge sig.jpg
This has been downloaded 608 time(s).

Old Post Dec 15th, 2003 11:58 PM
V@LL3jOk!D707 is currently offline Click here to Send V@LL3jOk!D707 a Private Message Find more posts by V@LL3jOk!D707 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naz
Super Senior Member

heres mine

Attachment: other nazgul thing.jpg
This has been downloaded 517 time(s).

Old Post Dec 16th, 2003 09:23 AM
Naz is currently offline Click here to Send Naz a Private Message Find more posts by Naz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

Vampire D theme. Pretty happy with this one.

Attachment: vampd3.jpg
This has been downloaded 583 time(s).

What is this I don't even

Old Post Dec 16th, 2003 02:16 PM
Kostabot is currently offline Click here to Send Kostabot a Private Message Find more posts by Kostabot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Godshinto
GodLike ******

I should wait but I have a busy week I hope you all like it.

Attachment: spawn.gif
This has been downloaded 586 time(s).

Old Post Dec 17th, 2003 03:28 AM
Godshinto is currently offline Click here to Send Godshinto a Private Message Find more posts by Godshinto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FallingBlue
Twilight of Shadow

heres mine, and so you know, the fact that godshinto can use animated sigs in this contest is completely unfair as (for as far as I know) no one else has that software, its like throwing lambs to the wolves, we dont have sharp clws or razor fangs to fight back...

Attachment: sigcontestmajigger.jpg
This has been downloaded 543 time(s).

God is only a false hope

Old Post Dec 17th, 2003 06:22 AM
FallingBlue is currently offline Click here to Send FallingBlue a Private Message Find more posts by FallingBlue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Michael Myers 1
Restricted

Account Restricted

heres mine it sucks but i wanted to do something with it

Attachment: customsig_8983.gif
This has been downloaded 488 time(s).

"They all Float, and when you die, you'll float too!"

Old Post Dec 18th, 2003 12:48 AM
Michael Myers 1 is currently offline Click here to Send Michael Myers 1 a Private Message Find more posts by Michael Myers 1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TOH
Dude, where is my car?

Here is mine.... confused (again)

Attachment: untitled_i000012.gif
This has been downloaded 476 time(s).

Made by the awesome BakaXero

Old Post Dec 20th, 2003 03:40 AM
TOH is currently offline Click here to Send TOH a Private Message Find more posts by TOH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

erm.. ok.. well heres mine
btw. the polaroids are wholey original big grin
as you can guess, its on memento wink

(around the photos it should be clear but it didnt work in thumbnail confused )

Attachment: sig1.gif
This has been downloaded 461 time(s).

Old Post Dec 20th, 2003 08:02 AM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
el_barto
I'm So Bored With the USA

well this isnt even close to the best sig here but i might as well try

Attachment: dbz goku gogeta vegeta sig.jpg
This has been downloaded 433 time(s).

You Call This a New Way of Thinking? I Call This Regression to Ignorance.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2003 06:44 PM
el_barto is currently offline Click here to Send el_barto a Private Message Find more posts by el_barto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RonyLeBeau
Next time it may be you!

Here is mine.

shifty

Attachment: obso.jpg
This has been downloaded 412 time(s).

Do you hear the wind my brothers and sisters it is time to rise....-Kickapoo-Lipan Nations-

Old Post Dec 21st, 2003 04:37 AM
RonyLeBeau is currently offline Click here to Send RonyLeBeau a Private Message Find more posts by RonyLeBeau Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

heres mine... laughing out loud

Attachment: copy of 1st.jpg
This has been downloaded 415 time(s).

Old Post Dec 21st, 2003 07:21 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Matrix_man
The One

heres mine...big grin

Attachment: kmcsigcontestentry.jpg
This has been downloaded 351 time(s).

lil bitchiness happy BidMyBlood2Run love Korri angel silver_tears badkittykitty Syren

Old Post Dec 26th, 2003 07:27 PM
Matrix_man is currently offline Click here to Send Matrix_man a Private Message Find more posts by Matrix_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

...and here's mine...yay for me and my Final Fantasy obsession stick out tongue

Attachment: kmcsigcontest.jpg
This has been downloaded 322 time(s).

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Dec 27th, 2003 04:26 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

well..here it is....i'm kind of disappointed..but..heck...i don't feel like making another

Attachment: air sig.jpg
This has been downloaded 309 time(s).

Old Post Dec 28th, 2003 04:59 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote