KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Mythology

Mythology
Started by: lil bitchiness

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
lil bitchiness
-

Love Mythology

I love mithology! I think its amazing! Especially Greek..yes
Chinese mithology is amazing...and very philosophical!!

Also Norse mythology, Scandinavian mythology, Viking mythology; all refer to the pre-Christian religion of the Norwegian, Swedish, Icelandic, and Danish peoples.

Anyone knows any cool stories...

ok, i'll start. The reason why we have Echo..

In Greek mithology....

She was a nymth who distracted Godess Hera while her husband god Zeus was having an afair..when Hera found this out, she cursed Echo to never speak again, but only repeat anothers last words....

big grin

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Dec 16th, 2003 08:40 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

My fave is the Muses! Give me a sec, i'll post some stuff...

Old Post Dec 16th, 2003 08:41 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

Old Post Dec 16th, 2003 08:42 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Coolness!

Did you know there are also 'Furies'? Thats where the expression ''furious'' comes from. They were spirits that possesed people and made them to foolish stuff...like kill...they made them angry...hense 'fury'! big grin

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Dec 16th, 2003 08:45 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

Yeah, they were cool! I find all the sorta 'Servents of the Gods' actually more interesting thn the Gods themselves!

Old Post Dec 16th, 2003 08:47 PM
lil bitchiness
-

Yeah, thats true...same here!! Cos most of them were doing stuff they shouldnt and got punished...yes as well as humans!!

Old Post Dec 16th, 2003 08:52 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Mythology is cool I like the mortals more than the gods. My favorite mythology tales are Native American.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2003 08:53 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Do you know any? I love Native American stories...yes

Old Post Dec 16th, 2003 08:58 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Sure check this site out:

http://www.pantheon.org/areas/mytho...n/articles.html

There is not a lot but these are the most famous ones.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2003 09:00 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I'll try to post some Navajo and Cherokee tales smile

Old Post Dec 16th, 2003 09:00 PM
Baylin
Back in story!

I love werewolf myths n legends. The thing I really dig is that most cultures around the world have some sort of werebeast myth.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2003 09:21 PM
Baylin is currently offline Click here to Send Baylin a Private Message Find more posts by Baylin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

got my books of mythology at home messed

Old Post Dec 16th, 2003 10:24 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Im wanting a full collection of Greek ones..messed but they are sooo expencive!

Old Post Dec 16th, 2003 11:08 PM
Agent Elrond
The Curse is gone

quote:
Originally posted by SilverFighter
Sure check this site out:

http://www.pantheon.org/areas/mytho...n/articles.html

There is not a lot but these are the most famous ones.

The mainsite for this link should contain info on other religions. Everyone should know who Mors is, God of Death. A lot of world are related to Greek myth, like Arachnia, who claimed she could sew better than the Gods and was transfomed into a spider.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2003 11:20 PM
Agent Elrond is currently offline Click here to Send Agent Elrond a Private Message Find more posts by Agent Elrond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

It's an encyclopedia website it only provides brief describtions of certain world mythology. I like it is very useful for research on folktales and myths.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2003 01:01 AM
KidRock

i know a lot about greek and roman mythology but tell me some of the chinese mythology

Old Post Dec 17th, 2003 01:05 AM
KidRock is currently offline Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Im really interested in it, but i dont know much about it...i was hoping people here can tell us more...confused those who know of course..

Old Post Dec 17th, 2003 01:07 AM
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

Chineese history (Around the time of the Han dinasty) Is some of my favorite. I also love greek myth.

What is this I don't even

Last edited by Kostabot on Dec 17th, 2003 at 01:56 AM

Old Post Dec 17th, 2003 01:53 AM
Kostabot is currently offline Click here to Send Kostabot a Private Message Find more posts by Kostabot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

Also Norse mythology, Scandinavian mythology, Viking mythology; all refer to the pre-Christian religion of the Norwegian, Swedish, Icelandic, and Danish peoples.

hey Faroese people too!!! mad

why we have thunder in Norse Mythology:

when the god Thor son of Odin(the master god in Norse Mythology) rides on the sky it thunders on the lands that he rides above

Old Post Dec 17th, 2003 05:40 AM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

Re: Mythology

quote:
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
I love mithology! I think its amazing! Especially Greek..yes
Chinese mithology is amazing...and very philosophical!!

Anyone knows any cool stories...

ok, i'll start. The reason why we have Echo..

In Greek mithology....

She was a nymth who distracted Godess Hera while her husband god Zeus was having an afair..when Hera found this out, she cursed Echo to never speak again, but only repeat anothers last words....

big grin

And Narcissus is where we get NPD from! laughing

Old Post Dec 17th, 2003 06:15 AM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote