KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » The Euro

The Euro
Started by: Leo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Leo

The Euro

The Euro becomes legal tender from midnight tonight. Is anyone here in a Eurozone country and what's the mood like? I'm in the UK, so not joining (yet?), but it's still very interesting.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2001 11:39 AM
Leo is currently offline Click here to Send Leo a Private Message Find more posts by Leo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

we're not getting the euro, luckily.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2001 11:54 AM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

The mood..? Well, it's on the radio all day here. Sounds like a lot of propaganda to me. And tonight there's a couple of hours of television on the launch of the Euro.

Me personnally? I hate it. They're stealing our national currency which has lasted almost 700 years!!! And for what? Just to enrich banks and big corporations. It doesn't benefit us at all.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2001 12:07 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

How was is decided that Holland would enter the Euro?

Was it a government decision or was their a national poll?

Old Post Dec 31st, 2001 02:59 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

yeah! How dare they! We make our currency for more then 170 years smile

And I don't know about Holland, but here it was just decided by the governement

Old Post Dec 31st, 2001 03:11 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

So overthrow the government....

Old Post Dec 31st, 2001 03:53 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

ha! In Belgium, when you walk on the street and you scream:
"viva la republique!" (long life the republic) you get arrested and you can stay a month in jail...
Overthrow the governement? Wow, that would mean the Death Sentence then...

Old Post Dec 31st, 2001 06:57 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

ouch.......one day there will prob be a world currency....scary thought. What would all the money changers do for a living????

Old Post Dec 31st, 2001 07:27 PM
Julie is currently offline Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

change the currency?

Old Post Dec 31st, 2001 07:32 PM
Julie
The Student

There are still a lot of currencies used today........some day it will porb all be moved to one....like Europe has moved to the Euro...

Old Post Dec 31st, 2001 07:37 PM
Julie is currently offline Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

that will never happen!

Old Post Dec 31st, 2001 08:16 PM
Tex
Yumsz

In another 50 years there wont be paper currency, we'll have chips implanted into our heads or hands and any financial transactions will be automaticaly deducted without ever touching money, checks or credit cards. I hope my chip doesn't clash with my hair cool

Old Post Jan 1st, 2002 02:51 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UnknownBountyHunter

I'm with queeq, I hate it!! They are taking a vital part of a civilization and trying to form one large country, I won't let it happen. It's really ridiculous.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2002 09:00 AM
UnknownBountyHunter is currently offline Click here to Send UnknownBountyHunter a Private Message Find more posts by UnknownBountyHunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UnknownBountyHunter

quote:
Originally posted by Texas
In another 50 years there wont be paper currency, we'll have chips implanted into our heads or hands and any financial transactions will be automaticaly deducted without ever touching money, checks or credit cards.

In 1978 people were positive we'd be living on Alpha Centauri by 1999. Where are we now? Same durn country. We're to the point that it's no longer invention but simply improving that needs to be done.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2002 09:02 AM
UnknownBountyHunter is currently offline Click here to Send UnknownBountyHunter a Private Message Find more posts by UnknownBountyHunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Yeah, but what are you going to do about it when you are along?

Old Post Jan 1st, 2002 09:04 AM
UnknownBountyHunter

I don't understand...what do you mean "when I am along"

Old Post Jan 1st, 2002 09:33 AM
finti

big grin that is Yerssot for you UBH our Belgian friend often talk in "riddles" he get around to explain his thing just be patient with him smile

Old Post Jan 1st, 2002 12:00 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Along a strange one in to be yesterday? laughing out loud wink

Old Post Jan 1st, 2002 01:54 PM
Dim
Creativity

Ya'll lost me at Alpha Centauri...

Old Post Jan 1st, 2002 03:33 PM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Well that was lucky.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2002 03:39 PM