KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Rose Parade

Rose Parade
Started by: Ken Kenobi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LanceWindu

Rose Parade

Did you guys see the float in the Rose Parade with R2-D2 and C-3PO?

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2002 05:47 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

No, I was too drunk.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2002 05:57 AM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Good one.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2002 06:05 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

ehh some yank crap parade again, guys reminder that over 50 % of the members are from Europe and couldnt care less about some parade roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2002 07:04 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Well I live in the GREAT country of America and I care about the parades that come after our holidays.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2002 07:22 PM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2002 07:30 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

hmmmmm, I'm sensing some parade hostility from the Norwegians here! There just jealous cause they only parades they have in Floro and Stavanger are to the smelly cabbage farms stick out tongue evil face

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2002 06:39 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

why is the stinking rose parade in this forum. Talk the four films, not the thousand lame parades in the States . Belongs in the GDF
And the only parades that are held in Norway are those of 17 of may(Norways constitutional day/kind of like your 4th of july)

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2002 07:59 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UnknownBountyHunter

What's the rose parade?

We have parades all the time! At least one major one month.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2002 08:16 AM
UnknownBountyHunter is currently offline Click here to Send UnknownBountyHunter a Private Message Find more posts by UnknownBountyHunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

what purpose does it serve, people will grow tired of them.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2002 08:28 AM
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

Aaah, I love a good Parade.

(I'm talking the monthly top shelf publication and not walking in a line freezing my nads off.) big grin wink

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2002 10:09 AM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

I saw it...I thought Boeing could have done a bit better..personal opinion.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2002 10:22 AM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
Aaah, I love a good Parade

he he I knew this one would come sooner or later. stick out tongue
At least we know what mags you go for Mech, maybe we should tell mrs Mech cool

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2002 10:33 AM
UnknownBountyHunter

quote:
Originally posted by finti
what purpose does it serve, people will grow tired of them.

Don't speak as if you know, because obviously you don't. Hundreds of years of them and they're just as popular. In three days we have the Heilige Drei Könige parade.
Rosenmontag zu Aschermittwoch wir haben Fastnacht.

Berlin has another one on Karfreitag (Friday before Easter).
April 30, before Labor Day we dance to the Tanz in den Mai, which is sort of like a parade, but it's more like a block party for us.

Some years, they have local parades on der Tag der Deutschen Einheit. Which is October 3rd.

The last one is Nikolaustag, where the local churches band together and have neighborhood parades where they sing and give kids Pfeffernüsse.

Berlin doesn't have any more, Bayern is much more active however.

I may have misunderstood your definition of parade, but this is what we define ours as.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2002 10:34 AM
UnknownBountyHunter is currently offline Click here to Send UnknownBountyHunter a Private Message Find more posts by UnknownBountyHunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
Don't speak as if you know, because obviously you don't

well then it seems to me that you all have way too much spare time on your hands and low on imagination

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2002 10:40 AM
UnknownBountyHunter

Wow, thank you for bashing our traditional holidays you idiot.

I guess Christmas, Easter, Labor Day, and New Years are all but celebrated in your household, assuming you must be high on imagination. But wait, your obviously not, someone with an imagination surely believes in God or at least has something better to do than just put down other nations and what they believe in.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2002 10:51 AM
Ratcat

Chill out guys.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2002 10:57 AM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
Wow, thank you for bashing our traditional holidays you idiot.

who is talking about puting down, all I asked what purpose does it serve and with to many of them people grow tired of parades.
That is a phsycological fact, traditions has its hold on things but even that can loose its grip if it is displayed to often.
And dont talk to me about any God i dont belive in it, I dont celebrate easter, Christmas for purposes far from christianity and New Years eve just another day for me

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2002 11:06 AM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

quote:
Originally posted by UnknownBountyHunter
, someone with an imagination surely believes in God or at least has something better to do than just put down other nations and what they believe in.

that's what you are doing. you say 'someone with an imagination surey believes in god' which is the stupidest thing I've heard this year. If someone believes in god, fine. if someone does not believe in god, fine. I don't believe in god, but my imagination is perfectly fine.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2002 12:55 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

Be cool UBH, nobody is slating your traditions, just questioning the purpose they serve. big grin

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2002 01:26 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote