KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » UK Tuition Fees!

UK Tuition Fees!
Started by: lil bitchiness

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
lil bitchiness
-

Shocked UK Tuition Fees!

I have just calculated the totall amount of money i am going to be in debt after the first 3 years of Criminology and it adds up to £17,000 and thats all because our tutition fees are going up from £1,225 up to £3,000!!!! Thats with out my other 2 years (im hoping to do them in US)!! If i was to those remaining two years in UK thats another £12,000, so all in all 5 years of university to become a lawyer will leave me in debt of £29,000 or a little over that!!!

Stupid money grabbing governemnt mad

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Last edited by lil bitchiness on Jan 14th, 2004 at 01:35 PM

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 01:27 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

Wow, that sucks Lil. sad

I finish in June (hopefully), so I should miss the price hike. Unless I decide to go back and do other stuff that is.... eek!

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 01:42 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Corran
Lucifer

oh well sh*t happens. Get a job.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 01:47 PM
Corran is currently offline Click here to Send Corran a Private Message Find more posts by Corran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

The ever sympathetic Corran, ladies and gentlemen. big grin

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 01:51 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Corran
Lucifer

One tries ones best.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 01:54 PM
Corran is currently offline Click here to Send Corran a Private Message Find more posts by Corran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

quote:
Originally posted by Corran
oh well sh*t happens. Get a job.

Are you Mr Blair in disguise? shifty

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 01:56 PM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

hmmm well studying is still pretty cheap in belgium, thank god

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 02:00 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Corran
Lucifer

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z
Are you Mr Blair in disguise? shifty
When I was younger and studying we had to take 'loans' out to pay for stuff, I have friends who still owe upto £7K 5 or 6 years after finishing, it's always been the case that studying cost so much.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 02:06 PM
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

I don't mind paying for food and accommodation etc, but education SHOULD be free!

Lety's all go on a march together! Cos I go to uni next year, and its gonna cost a bomb, because dad just got a pay rise, so we are hardly gonna get any grant money at all. Because now, instead of being at the top of a low pay sclae, we are at the very bottom of the high pay scale!

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 02:16 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Corran
Lucifer

Notice there's no sympathy from our American friends, that's because they've been paying for college/education for many years, don't hear them complaining too much.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 02:26 PM
yerssot

FM... imho, education here is not cheap

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 03:14 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

compared to 17.000 quid for 3 years it is
that'd be about 25500 euro's which would be 8500 euro's a year

your folks aint spending that by a longshot mate

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 03:57 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cermiestar
kitten

it's getting more and more expensive!!! where you going to uni phoe?

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 04:04 PM
cermiestar is currently offline Click here to Send cermiestar a Private Message Find more posts by cermiestar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Abbita

I was all up for uni. I wanted to be a physiotherapist until i found out its like £3000 per term which is £9000 per year over 3 years. I can never afford that. I don't want a loan cus i don't want to be in debt for the rest of my life. It's really put me off going to university. Governments always going on about the NHS and how we need more doctors and nurses but how is that ever going to improve if people like me who want to be in the medical profession can't afford to?

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 04:15 PM
Abbita is currently offline Click here to Send Abbita a Private Message Find more posts by Abbita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cermiestar
kitten

they should have a thing where if you take out a loan to go to uni to study medicine or whatever then after you go into the NHS you don't have to pay it back

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 04:18 PM
cermiestar is currently offline Click here to Send cermiestar a Private Message Find more posts by cermiestar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

quote:
Originally posted by Corran
When I was younger and studying we had to take 'loans' out to pay for stuff, I have friends who still owe upto £7K 5 or 6 years after finishing, it's always been the case that studying cost so much.
That's strange. I'm pretty sure in the "olden days" the government used to pay YOU money to go to Uni, through grants and such.

They stopped the grants system the year I started Uni, so I'm lumped with a 3k loan....still erm

To be honest, I don't really think it's worth (money-wise) going to Uni if you are going to be in debt so much.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 04:32 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Abbita

Is it possible to take the courses in college? I've heard you can but it takes a lot longer.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 04:35 PM
Abbita is currently offline Click here to Send Abbita a Private Message Find more posts by Abbita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

its a waste of time trying to teach me anything messed

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 04:36 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cermiestar
kitten

i want to go to uni!

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 05:28 PM
lil bitchiness
-

I like University and all, but being in debt of £30, 000 is a lot of money sad And it is soooo pointless to pay all that money for tuition fees especialy because some courses have only 8 hours of tuition a week!!

And as soon as you start earingin £20, 000 a year you have to start paying £8.79 a week.

For me, if i decide not to go and be lawyer and go and get a job as a probational officer my starting pay will be arround that which means i will have to start paying it almost right away (or in a year time)

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 05:35 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote