KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Ah, sleep

Ah, sleep
Started by: sand person no. 10

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
sand person no. 10
where are the other nine

Ah, sleep

Isn't sleep the greatest thing and the worst thing, i either have too much or too little, for example i got up at 7 this morning, watched tv posted a little, made breakfeast, but by 11 i had to have a lie down cus i was exhausted and so i had another hours kip.

any ideas how i can have less sleep and not need to sleep after 4 hours of doing nothing?

Old Post Jan 9th, 2002 01:44 PM
sand person no. 10 is currently offline Click here to Send sand person no. 10 a Private Message Find more posts by sand person no. 10 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

There's no getting away from it sandy, but sleep is cool - hell I'm asleep right now. cool

Old Post Jan 9th, 2002 01:46 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sand person no. 10
where are the other nine

I've heard of walking (i've done that before apparently) but never typing in my sleep, impressive, so very impressive.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2002 02:07 PM
sand person no. 10 is currently offline Click here to Send sand person no. 10 a Private Message Find more posts by sand person no. 10 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

Take a nap in between.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2002 02:23 PM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

And then there are those pecky things like working.

I was up at 7, at my desk at 7:10. Breakfast at 9, more work until 1pm, then thought I better have a shower and get dressed.

LOL, I love having my office at home. big grin

Old Post Jan 9th, 2002 02:28 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sand person no. 10
where are the other nine

i'm toying with the idea of working from home, sleep when you want, work when you want, ah tv, Neighbours, sleep, job insecurity, no money. fantastic.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2002 02:38 PM
Dim
Creativity

I don't think I'd like working at home...I tend to get depressed because I don't see anyone.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2002 03:06 PM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

That would be called a social life. To be honest the last people I would want to spend my downtime with are those from work.

I keep my friends and my work seperate, otherwise you just spend your social time discussing what went on in the office.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2002 03:09 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

While I can see your point I still need some social interaction at work.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2002 03:13 PM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Depends on the job I guess. Most of my work collegues don't even work in the same part of the country as I do so being in the office was pretty pointless.

The advantages for me are immense,

• No clock to punch
  • No commute
  • Start when I want
  • Lunch when I want
  • Finish when I want
  • Free Phone, Data and Fax Lines
All I have to do is put in at least 37 hours a week and everyone is happy.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2002 03:19 PM
queeq
Chaos

Sleep the sleep that knows no breaking? evil face

Old Post Jan 9th, 2002 03:37 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

Yes we know RC...your life is soooooooooooo wonderful roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing out loud

I"m glad you're happy but I think for alot of people telecommuting can be a double edge sword..depending on how much contact and face time you have with your boss. I think you could tend to be overlooked because you're not "there".

But hey, if it works for you then it works for you..that's what's important.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2002 03:53 PM
Ratcat

quote:
Originally posted by Dim
Yes we know RC...your life is soooooooooooo wonderful roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing out loud
Yep, it is now.

Do I detect a hint of jealousy, tell us, how was the drive to work this morning? laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Personally I'll take more of seeing the people I wanna see and less of seeing the ones I don't wanna any day.

As for being overlook. Well I work in a company that has embraced the tele-commuter principle so everyone is in the same boat. Can't be that bad, they gave me a raise just a few weeks before Christmas so I don't feel over looked.

Yes, life is certainly fine. big grin

Old Post Jan 9th, 2002 04:51 PM
Dim
Creativity

Jealousy? Not at all..
I need my drive to wake up...I've found that if I don't get enough transition time between home and work and get to listen to the radio then I tend to feel a little rushed..

I'm glad it's working out for you....and I'd expect them to give you a hefty end of the year raise for what you do for them...just make sure they don't forget about you the rest of the year..if you know what I mean.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2002 05:22 PM
Ratcat

Well, they're giving me a better car in August. big grin
(If I decide to stay, which I probably will)

Interesting about the transition between sleep and work though. I'm the opposite, once I'm out of bed then everything just kicks in. It's the bit between the alarm going off and pulling back the duvet that I have trouble with... laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 9th, 2002 05:25 PM
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

I like sleeping rolling on floor laughing

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Jan 9th, 2002 06:16 PM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Yes, it's a pity you don't do more of it... laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 9th, 2002 06:21 PM
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

I don't think that's possible.

If I was asleep any more than I am now, I'd be dead.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Jan 9th, 2002 06:22 PM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

See, everything has an upside. big grin

Old Post Jan 9th, 2002 06:23 PM
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

Hmm, I walked right into that one.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Jan 9th, 2002 06:28 PM