KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Need Cure

Need Cure
Started by: luhar

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
luhar
Disturbed

Barf Need Cure

Anyone heard of glossophobia or it's cure

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 11:29 AM
luhar is currently offline Click here to Send luhar a Private Message Find more posts by luhar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clovie

i haevne't heard about it.
what's that?

tricked me once - shame on you, tricked me twice - shame on me

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 11:42 AM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Papaumau
Man of the world

Glossophobia.....

Or the fear of public speaking....is only restricted by three things:

1). Lack of self-confidence.

2). Lack of knowledge in the subject.

And....

3). Lack of basic ability to speak reasonable English, ( if that is your first language of course ).

Overcome these three things and the rest is just practice !

I know...I was that soldier !

Click my sig'-pic' to go to my forum
and attached consumer website

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 11:43 AM
Papaumau is currently offline Click here to Send Papaumau a Private Message Find more posts by Papaumau Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clovie

i have point 1 and 3 but english is not my 1st language erm

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 11:51 AM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Papaumau
Man of the world

Hi again Clovie....

As you don't give your general location in your ID I can only guess that you are from one of the European countries that have English as their second or third langauge....

This does not really matter as most of the young-folk in Europe now, ( to our shame in Britain ), speak English as well or better than we do.

Most of you could speak in public with your second language as a tool but if you want to get good at public speaking you are better to do it in your home tongue. ( unless...of course...you are a Polyglot.... big grin ).

I speak a little German but I could not lecture in it.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 12:14 PM
Papaumau is currently offline Click here to Send Papaumau a Private Message Find more posts by Papaumau Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clovie

Hi smile
i'm from poland, english second language, german thrid and i'm going to start learning spanish next year.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 12:29 PM
Dexx
wingless

hmm...i doubt i'd go as far as to call my self glossophobic. but i DO hate to be in the centre of attention (in large crowds, that is). don't kw about that language thing. english isn't my first. i'm romanian. but i think i could handle in giving a speech in english

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 12:30 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

quote:
Originally posted by Papaumau
2). Lack of knowledge in the subject.

sounds like my exams

Edit: fixed code

Last edited by yerssot on Aug 16th, 2004 at 12:40 PM

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 12:38 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

yes..i'm definitely examophobic, too

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 12:40 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clovie

quote:
Originally posted by yerssot
Edit: fixed code

what code?

and you'll do great on you'r exams smile

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 01:13 PM
yerssot

I deleted some code when I got rid of the rest of the text while quoting messed

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 01:19 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clovie

okay messed

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 01:44 PM
Papaumau
Man of the world

I have noticed that thingie on other forums too....

When people have made a mistake and they didn't notice it in their preview or they didn't do a preview at all and the mistake only shows up when it has gone to the forum they invariably give reasons for why they needed to edit their stuff....WHY ?

I do know that some people were in the habit of doing silly edits to bump their posting to the top of the forum but as there is a time-restricted editing policy here that shouldn't happen much.

I mean... as my eyesight is not as good as it used to be and I have already mucked up some frames by raising the fontsize I sometimes need to edit typos and spelling mistakes. Why should I not and why should I have to explain why I did the edit at all ?

Any advice please ?

Last edited by Papaumau on Aug 16th, 2004 at 05:44 PM

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 05:42 PM
Kaleanae

Re: Need Cure

quote:
Originally posted by luhar
Anyone heard of glossophobia or it's cure
Practice, practice, practice, believe me, it works

Old Post Sep 5th, 2004 05:31 AM
Kaleanae is currently offline Click here to Send Kaleanae a Private Message Find more posts by Kaleanae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Paps, you are the man, man.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2004 10:13 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

My trick for public-speaking - pretend no-one else is there but yourself, its just another rehearsal. Works everytime!

And to make sure you can't see anyone ((cos that would tend to crack the fantasy of you being on your own)) look at a point right at the top of the far wall ((if inside)) or at a distant tree/building if outside. Then, you can't see anyone AND your head is up so you have better projection! wink

Old Post Sep 5th, 2004 02:21 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

I hate giving speeches. I'm not glossophobic--I'm just no good at it messed

I'm a signature!

Old Post Sep 5th, 2004 03:06 PM
Spearhead is currently offline Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

i lack in confidence quite abit ..... but doing things gradually helps.....

Old Post Sep 5th, 2004 05:15 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

I love public speaking and do alot of it in my english classes erm

Old Post Sep 5th, 2004 05:19 PM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

i also like public speaking...but last year my teacher hated me for using toooooo many references to other things in my class presentations/speeches...

no expression

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2004 05:23 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote