KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » 1st Division Football

1st Division Football
Started by: mechmoggy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

1st Division Football

Don't know about anyone else but the 1st division (English) is hotting up to be the most interesting battle in ages. I've become really bored with the (usually) one horse race that is the Premiership. I'm betting Wolves go up automatically and West Brom in the play offs. Great news for the Midlands. big grin

Old Post Mar 8th, 2002 03:44 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Wolves and City are going up, but I dont think WBA`s gonna make it. Burnley is a big outsider Palace is struggeling a little, but its gonna be close and cool. Espesially for you Brummie boyssince Birmingham aint totally out of it yet either. 3 teams in the struggle

Old Post Mar 8th, 2002 03:47 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

B'ham City's past performance in the play off is laughable. I'm a Villa fan myself but I work about 2 minutes from the WBA ground so I hope they go up. My mates a Wolves fan and he's been unbearable these past few months. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Mar 8th, 2002 03:50 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Villa laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 8th, 2002 03:51 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

Easy, I know we've got nothing to shout about but we're not that bad!

We always play excellent up till Xmas and then go into freefall and finish mid-table. Thats the way things have been anyway, lets hope GT can change things.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2002 03:55 PM
finti

I know and I ry tlling my customers this but they still put their money on Villa victories after x-mas

Old Post Mar 8th, 2002 03:58 PM
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

Its the same every year, we sometimes even go top and all the talk is, "Villa have got a really good chance", and then it happens.

Predictable yet still heart breaking. sad

Old Post Mar 8th, 2002 04:01 PM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

I think coventry will make it to the play-offs.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2002 04:15 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

I hope not, my bank manager is a Coventry fan and he'll be a pain in the arse. rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Mar 9th, 2002 09:59 AM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

don't you think he'll be a pain in the ass if they have to play one more year in nationwide?smile

Old Post Mar 9th, 2002 01:18 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

Nah, he tends to keep quiet unless they're doing really well. If they get to the play offs, thats all he'll talk about.

Last time we had a meeting, myself and the other partners wanted to discuss the serious matter of expanding which meant that we'd need an overdraft increase and all he could talk about was how well Coventry has played that Saturday. The mans an arse. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Mar 9th, 2002 01:23 PM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

laughing out loud I see...

Old Post Mar 9th, 2002 01:26 PM
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

I'm pretty sure it's Wolves v B'ham City today.

I've finished working (?!) now so I'm off home to watch the scores coming in. Tatty bye. big grin

Old Post Mar 9th, 2002 01:36 PM
finti

2-2 a draw and I won on a 2,60 odds

Old Post Mar 9th, 2002 03:17 PM
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

Weren't Wolves 2-0 up too!

Went to see Monsters Inc. with my mate yesterday and then we went to watch the West Brom v Fulham match on Sky. Damn shame that was.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2002 07:25 AM
finti

They were up 2-0 pretty early on, but it was 2-2 at half time.
Bye bye WBA cool

Old Post Mar 11th, 2002 07:56 AM
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

When Wolves go up and if WBA make it in the play offs, which of them do you think would come straight back down?

Old Post Mar 11th, 2002 10:26 AM
finti

Both

Old Post Mar 11th, 2002 10:34 AM
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

Really! I think Wolves have got the cash to stay mid-lower table. Man City have been up and down like a yo-yo over the past few years though.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2002 10:44 AM
finti

Wolves havent got what it takes to be a premiere club

Old Post Mar 11th, 2002 10:56 AM