KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » Most Sold Book Ever

Most Sold Book Ever
Started by: The Highlord

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

Question Most Sold Book Ever

Whats the most sold book ever??? my guess is the bible, but if you know could you list the top 5 or 10?

Thx

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 02:16 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

the bible is the most sold book ever

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 02:19 PM
Grand-Moff-Gav is currently offline Click here to Send Grand-Moff-Gav a Private Message Find more posts by Grand-Moff-Gav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quotagirl
Puzzle Goddess

I'm not sure if it's the most sold book ever, but I am absolutely certain that it is the most PRINTED book ever.
In fact, Guttenberg's first printed book WAS the bible.
The printing press is considered man's greatest invention in the last 1000 years (according to A&E, anyways).
wink

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 05:05 PM
quotagirl is currently offline Click here to Send quotagirl a Private Message Find more posts by quotagirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
big gay kirk

In the early years of the twentieth century the most sold book was the Bible... followed by Scouting for Boys.... which is still up there...

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 11:13 PM
big gay kirk is currently offline Click here to Send big gay kirk a Private Message Find more posts by big gay kirk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

(Huzzah, it's big gay kirk! big grin )

Bible rules over all, but then, makes you wonder what else is up there...

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 11:30 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

Warning I would say the........................................

I may be wrong but I would guess the harry potter books!I always see them in the top ten books that are written in the newspaper and mazines.
No doubt when the sixth and seventh book comes out they will make it to the top ten books!
Also another guess would be the bible!But I have my doubts on that however.,JM Happy Dance wink confused

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2004 12:52 AM
Jackie Malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mailedbypostman
I'm just a messenger.

I think the second is the Guiness book of world records. Interestingly enough, i found this out in the guiness book of world records.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2004 01:08 AM
mailedbypostman is currently offline Click here to Send mailedbypostman a Private Message Find more posts by mailedbypostman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazy_c
Very Tired

ah the irony

Old Post Oct 28th, 2004 01:06 PM
crazy_c is currently offline Click here to Send crazy_c a Private Message Find more posts by crazy_c Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theReject

Re: I would say the........................................

quote:
Originally posted by Jackie Malfoy
I may be wrong but I would guess the harry potter books!I always see them in the top ten books that are written in the newspaper and mazines.
No doubt when the sixth and seventh book comes out they will make it to the top ten books!
Also another guess would be the bible!But I have my doubts on that however.,JM Happy Dance wink confused

I agree.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2004 05:25 PM
theReject is currently offline Find more posts by theReject Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

The Bible, the HP books, LOTR, are all my guesses!

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Nov 28th, 2004 10:14 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
frodo34x
^_^

I'd guess that the Bible is also the most given-away book as well.

Click it to see my band's page.^

Old Post Nov 29th, 2004 08:40 PM
frodo34x is currently offline Click here to Send frodo34x a Private Message Find more posts by frodo34x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

I've actually read an article on this.
The Bible is the most published/sold book while LOTR comes in second. But I think this is for Europe and North America, as not so many read the bible/LOTR in Asia and Africa.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Nov 29th, 2004 08:59 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

quote:
Originally posted by mailedbypostman
I think the second is the Guiness book of world records. Interestingly enough, i found this out in the guiness book of world records.

Depends which edition... If all the editions, it maybe is - but isn't each one individual?

Death only gives another set of choices.

He who dies with the most toys. Still dies.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2004 10:18 PM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Londonboy7
Dance DODODUDODODO

Re: I would say the........................................

quote:
Originally posted by Jackie Malfoy

The Fith HP book sold the mast in 2003 selling more then 12 millen 11 millen mor them the runner up

quote:

I'm suing you for being a London Boy. And London Boys are sexeh. [/B]

Protected by the Dynomite Cult
KMC GANG MEMBER

Old Post Nov 30th, 2004 01:45 AM
Londonboy7 is currently offline Click here to Send Londonboy7 a Private Message Find more posts by Londonboy7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shugie99

The Davinci Code must be in the top 50, that's ironic because it challenges the Bible so much. I'm suprised by the number of relgious people I know who have read the book and had no problem with it.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2004 03:46 PM
shugie99 is currently offline Click here to Send shugie99 a Private Message Find more posts by shugie99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GreenLanternIOI

most sold...

Second only to the bible the most sold book ever is Pilgrims Progress by John Bunyan written back in the 1600's. The third I believe is Imitation of Christ by St. Thomas A Kempis. I am sure about the bible and bunyan but not about Imitation of Christ.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 10:23 PM
GreenLanternIOI is currently offline Click here to Send GreenLanternIOI a Private Message Find more posts by GreenLanternIOI Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GreenLanternIOI

they are the most printed as well as sold i mean to say.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 10:25 PM
GreenLanternIOI is currently offline Click here to Send GreenLanternIOI a Private Message Find more posts by GreenLanternIOI Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

All Religious materiél is up there, with the HP series also up there.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 12:29 AM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

HP's big in Europe and North America, but I don't think its anywhere near Bible status... I mean, the Bible's had a couple hundred years worth of sellin...

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Apr 10th, 2005 09:57 PM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
colchestereldo

presumably the Koran must be up there somewhere?

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 12:44 AM
colchestereldo is currently offline Click here to Send colchestereldo a Private Message Find more posts by colchestereldo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote