KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Wolf Girl (True Story)

Wolf Girl (True Story)
Started by: Napalm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Napalm
Mr. Hyde

Shocked Wolf Girl (True Story)

The Lobo Wolf Girl of Devil's RiverIn May of 1835, the Wolf Girl of Devil's River was born to Mollie Dent, who had gone with her husband to the Beaver Lake area to trap. Mollie was having problems with the birth, so her husband, John Dent, rode to get help from a Mexican-run goat ranch on the Pecos Canyon, but he was struck and killed by lightning before he could return accompanied by the Mexican couple. By the time the Mexicans reached Mollie, she had died, apparently in childbirth. Wolf tracks in the vicinity suggested that the newborn infant had been devoured by the lobo wolves of the area.

Sighted after 10 years
However, in 1845 a boy saw a girl, in the company of a pack of lobo wolves, attacking a herd of goats. Less than a year later, a Mexican woman at San Felipe saw two large wolves and a girl devour a freshly-killed goat. She observed the girl run off — first on all fours, and then on two legs.

Capture… and escape
A hunt was mounted, and after three days the Lobo Girl of Devil's River was caught after fighting wildly to keep her freedom. She was taken to a ranch (really just a two-room hovel) and locked in. Her howling attracted answering cries from wolves far and wide, and a large pack of wolves rushed the corrals, attacking the goats, cows and horses. Shooting started, and in the confusion the girl managed to remove the board nailed over the window and make her escape.

Sighted seven years later
In 1852, a group of frontiersmen surveying a better route to El Paso saw a girl suckling two wolf cubs on a sand bar in the river, who then ran off, carrying the cubs. She would have been 17 in that year; but she was never seen again.

Bud list SlipknoT,42bardock,Freddy love,Similing Sadly,Mr Parker, Jackie Malfoy,Aku

Old Post Mar 16th, 2005 03:32 PM
Napalm is currently offline Click here to Send Napalm a Private Message Find more posts by Napalm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

lol.. that story was in this collection of urban legends I read in like 5th grade. smile

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Mar 16th, 2005 04:44 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Re: Wolf Girl (True Story)

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Napalm
The Lobo Wolf Girl of Devil's RiverIn May of 1835, the Wolf Girl of Devil's River was born to Mollie Dent, who had gone with her husband to the Beaver Lake area to trap. Mollie was having problems with the birth, so her husband, John Dent, rode to get help from a Mexican-run goat ranch on the Pecos Canyon, but he was struck and killed by lightning before he could return accompanied by the Mexican couple. By the time the Mexicans reached Mollie, she had died, apparently in childbirth. Wolf tracks in the vicinity suggested that the newborn infant had been devoured by the lobo wolves of the area.

Sighted after 10 years
However, in 1845 a boy saw a girl, in the company of a pack of lobo wolves, attacking a herd of goats. Less than a year later, a Mexican woman at San Felipe saw two large wolves and a girl devour a freshly-killed goat. She observed the girl run off — first on all fours, and then on two legs.

Capture… and escape
A hunt was mounted, and after three days the Lobo Girl of Devil's River was caught after fighting wildly to keep her freedom. She was taken to a ranch (really just a two-room hovel) and locked in. Her howling attracted answering cries from wolves far and wide, and a large pack of wolves rushed the corrals, attacking the goats, cows and horses. Shooting started, and in the confusion the girl managed to remove the board nailed over the window and make her escape.

Sighted seven years later
In 1852, a group of frontiersmen surveying a better route to El Paso saw a girl suckling two wolf cubs on a sand bar in the river, who then ran off, carrying the cubs. She would have been 17 in that year; but she was never seen again.

I guess you read the feralchildren.com too.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2005 04:56 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krillinite

wats feralchildren

Old Post Mar 16th, 2005 05:17 PM
krillinite is currently offline Click here to Send krillinite a Private Message Find more posts by krillinite Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krillinite

this isnt true confused

Old Post Mar 16th, 2005 05:17 PM
krillinite is currently offline Click here to Send krillinite a Private Message Find more posts by krillinite Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Napalm
Mr. Hyde

Re: Re: Wolf Girl (True Story)

Originally posted by DarkCrawler
I guess you read the feralchildren.com too.

I cant beleive a baby was rasised as a wolf that site has some wierd tales

Bud list SlipknoT,42bardock,Freddy love,Similing Sadly,Mr Parker, Jackie Malfoy,Aku

Old Post Mar 16th, 2005 10:22 PM
Napalm is currently offline Click here to Send Napalm a Private Message Find more posts by Napalm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Reborn Again
I'm HELL's Wrath!

Re: Re: Re: Wolf Girl (True Story)

Originally posted by Napalm
I cant beleive a baby was rasised as a wolf that site has some wierd tales

Ever read ancient Rome mythology about Romulan and Remus? In the story two brothers were raised by a wolf mother when her cubs were killed. In later years these two men then built what would be eventually be Rome, the most powerful nation ever to rise.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2005 11:37 PM
Reborn Again is currently offline Click here to Send Reborn Again a Private Message Find more posts by Reborn Again Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

Weird

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Mar 16th, 2005 11:56 PM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GCG
Red Bull

^ever since the ancient myth of Romulus and Remus , humanity was fascinated by the ideal of a child being raised by a mammal.

quote:
this isnt true

perhaps its a hoax however try watching Wild Child: The Story of Feral Children . A documentary on at least 3 cases

Deferrals get you nowhere - Just Do It.........Or Ineptitude will consume your life like a Cancer

Old Post Mar 17th, 2005 12:02 AM
GCG is currently offline Click here to Send GCG a Private Message Find more posts by GCG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yea, i saw that on the Discovery Channel.

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Mar 17th, 2005 12:09 AM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

I'd like totally bang wolf girl! smokin'

Old Post Mar 17th, 2005 02:28 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ignite
Toats My Goats

cool!
i wanna be raised by wolves....how fun

Old Post Mar 17th, 2005 02:31 AM
Ignite is currently offline Click here to Send Ignite a Private Message Find more posts by Ignite Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Tex
I'd like totally bang wolf girl! smokin'
She'd be a bit to Hairy for me

Old Post Mar 17th, 2005 02:34 AM
Tex
Yumsz

I'd be like banging a big teddy bear! smokin'

Old Post Mar 17th, 2005 02:36 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thats not really something i want to do...

Old Post Mar 17th, 2005 02:39 AM
jinXed by JaNx

Wow, a wolf girl! thats kind of a turn on.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2005 02:44 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imperial_Samura
Anticrust Smurf

How odd. But nothing new. And not sure if Wolf Girl would be my type.

From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2005 03:29 AM
Imperial_Samura is currently offline Click here to Send Imperial_Samura a Private Message Find more posts by Imperial_Samura Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I think wolf people could be the new "in" thing. just give it a chance. Nothing like hearing a soft purr jonted into a load roar during sex.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2005 03:40 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
I think wolf people could be the new "in" thing. just give it a chance. Nothing like hearing a soft purr jonted into a load roar during sex.
I smell a reality show

Old Post Mar 17th, 2005 03:44 AM
Imperial_Samura
Anticrust Smurf

Oh sweet glaven. Um. Yes, I guess there could be something to wolf people. Wolf people, the hippest thing.

From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2005 03:44 AM
Imperial_Samura is currently offline Click here to Send Imperial_Samura a Private Message Find more posts by Imperial_Samura Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote