KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » is it ok to let your bf talk to his ex gf??

is it ok to let your bf talk to his ex gf??
Started by: smilenshark

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
smilenshark

is it ok to let your bf talk to his ex gf??

hello to all! im in a long distance relationship and i love this man so much that i can do everything for him and i know he loves me back too. but i just wanna ask you guys if its okay that i let my bf talk to his ex gf in the ym at anytime he wants or if its ok that i tell him that he must stop talking to his ex gf. thanks a lot for the help.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 08:14 AM
smilenshark is currently offline Click here to Send smilenshark a Private Message Find more posts by smilenshark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

This is the Welcome Forum, topics like yours go either in the GDF or the OTF so it will get moved over there.

Have you talked with you bf how you' re feeling about him talking to his ex?

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 08:19 AM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Paola
Ronin

you really can't let him talk to her or not, you know? If he wants to, he'll do it, if not, he won't.

just think he is now your boyfriend, and if he chose to be with you is 'cause he's not interested in his ex anymore yes

oh! and moving to GDF....

by Scythe

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 08:28 AM
Paola is currently offline Click here to Send Paola a Private Message Find more posts by Paola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
misha

quote: (post)
Originally posted by smilenshark
hello to all! im in a long distance relationship and i love this man so much that i can do everything for him and i know he loves me back too. but i just wanna ask you guys if its okay that i let my bf talk to his ex gf in the ym at anytime he wants or if its ok that i tell him that he must stop talking to his ex gf. thanks a lot for the help.

of course it's ok to let him talk to her!
however if either of them make a move on each other its best to get him away from her fast yes

except if he makes a move on her i suggest you leave him messed

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 08:30 AM
misha is currently offline Click here to Send misha a Private Message Find more posts by misha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

NO

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 08:42 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

I would imagine it all depends on what they're discussing. If they still talk out of love, then it is unfiar to the second person involved. If they are simply staying in touch with each other, then it would pose a problem for any relationship with which he gets involved.

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 08:43 AM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

err... if he wants to be with you.. why would he still want to talk to her? that makes no sense.. just sounds like bad news to me messed

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 09:15 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChickinMeat

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
that makes no sense.. just sounds like bad news to me messed

not at all.

I got a friend, hes like 45 or something, and he is still best friends with like 8 of his ex girlfriends.

i think thats the way to be, why all this "got to hate the ex" business, its total crap. If i ever break up with my current girlfriend, ill always talk to her as a friend.

http://www.myspace.com/chickinmeat

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 09:26 AM
ChickinMeat is currently offline Click here to Send ChickinMeat a Private Message Find more posts by ChickinMeat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

You dont 'gotta hate em' but Im saying its better to move on with your life than to dwell and chit-chat with ex's

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 09:31 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChickinMeat

thats fair enough, thats your opinion.

You can still move on with your life, just keep them as friends. just like the occasional email or phonecall, that sorta thing. Just like you do with your buddies.

I guess its just down to how the person feels, i feel to be a minority in this view though. Due to what ive been told and past experiences.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 09:40 AM
ChickinMeat is currently offline Click here to Send ChickinMeat a Private Message Find more posts by ChickinMeat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Originally posted by ChickinMeat
not at all.

I got a friend, hes like 45 or something, and he is still best friends with like 8 of his ex girlfriends.

i think thats the way to be, why all this "got to hate the ex" business, its total crap. If i ever break up with my current girlfriend, ill always talk to her as a friend.

How old are you?

This is what EVERYONE thinks the first time. "Oh, I love her so much, no matter what I always want her in my life." (A year later)

"Oh....she slept with 3 of my best friends, at the same time, and told them I like to drink my own urine after sex and other things I told her in confidence......yeah, I'll be friends with her."

Doesn't happen often, man. And if it does happen, it's generally more difficult, because more then likely one person will still have feelings for the other.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 09:43 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

and just think... soon youll be doing exciting things together.. like going clothes shopping for her current squeeze.. wink

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 11:23 AM
Clovie

if you trust him, why not?

tricked me once - shame on you, tricked me twice - shame on me

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 11:26 AM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChickinMeat

Originally posted by BackFire
How old are you?

This is what EVERYONE thinks the first time. "Oh, I love her so much, no matter what I always want her in my life." (A year later)

"Oh....she slept with 3 of my best friends, at the same time, and told them I like to drink my own urine after sex and other things I told her in confidence......yeah, I'll be friends with her."

Doesn't happen often, man. And if it does happen, it's generally more difficult, because more then likely one person will still have feelings for the other.

my appolgies for having a different opinion to you. im guessing thats not allowed?

im just stating a fact that me being friends with someones who IS still friends with 8 of his ex's, saying it can be done. saying it doesnt have to be hate.

my appologies again.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 11:36 AM
Salem07

Put the word trust in there...If you trust him enough, then sure, let them still talk..just don't let them get too close.
If he really likes you, then he won't get close to her.
But if you were to tell him to stop talking to her, and you sound demanding about it, then chances are high that he would leave you for her.
Just trust him enough to only talk to her as friends.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 11:50 AM
Salem07 is currently offline Click here to Send Salem07 a Private Message Find more posts by Salem07 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazy_c
Very Tired

yes, you don't want to be a possessive wally now, do you?

I think it's fine for people to talk to their exes. I know plenty of people who have stayed good friends with an ex, it can be awkward at first but that goes away after a while.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 11:59 AM
crazy_c is currently offline Click here to Send crazy_c a Private Message Find more posts by crazy_c Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
misha

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
err... if he wants to be with you.. why would he still want to talk to her? that makes no sense.. just sounds like bad news to me messed

im still friends with all of my ex's confused

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 12:04 PM
misha is currently offline Click here to Send misha a Private Message Find more posts by misha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChickinMeat

at least im not the only one who thinks this way, was beggining to think i was an odd one out.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 12:11 PM
misha

i guess it just depends on the people - when i say to a guy "i just want to be friends" ... i really mean it erm
we always end up hugging and stuff ... oftern the guy is there for me when im upset (after we break up im talking about)

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 02:07 PM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

rofl

just good friends
1.Used when a girl breaks up with a man. Means she wants everything in the relationship (the talking, the feelings, the emotions), but the guy doesn't get the sex.
2. Used by one guy to describe a relationship with a girl. This means he was rejected and didn't get any play.

1. I think we should just be good friends. Means: I want you to be in a relationship with me, but I will be having sexx with other guys and not you.
2. SHe and I are just good freinds. Meeans: I made a pass at her, but I got rejected.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...st+good+friends

such a good site.. /sigh

Last edited by SaTsuJiN on Mar 29th, 2005 at 02:22 PM

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 02:19 PM