KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Why do you get up in the morning?

Why do you get up in the morning?
Started by: The Omega

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Omega
Z10N0101

Why do you get up in the morning?

I’m in my philosophical corner these days after a long talk with a friend. I suppose my thoughts centre on the meaning of life (and move this to Philoso-forum if need be), reduced to the reasons for getting up in the morning.
- To go to work/school/uni. Sure, but why that?
- To get my money/degree/examn. Why?
What is it that gives meaning to your life?

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 12:30 AM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

to make and save lots of money so that some day, god willing, i can wake up for the sheer purpose of doing whatever the hell i wish and having a good time....and i try to squeeze in some enjoyment here and there while i'm at it.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 12:32 AM
PVS is currently offline Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GCG
Red Bull

Re: Why do you get up in the morning?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Omega
I’m in my philosophical corner these days after a long talk with a friend. I suppose my thoughts centre on the meaning of life (and move this to Philoso-forum if need be), reduced to the reasons for getting up in the morning.

I get up cause i have to go to work and study: ACTIVITY....but i also sleep cause of work and study: ACTIVITY.

Approx. 1/3 of human life is spent sleeping but thats to give a break on the brain, heart and other organs and the limbs.

Deferrals get you nowhere - Just Do It.........Or Ineptitude will consume your life like a Cancer

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 12:55 AM
GCG is currently offline Click here to Send GCG a Private Message Find more posts by GCG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kimmeh
vixen

Originally posted by PVS
to make and save lots of money so that some day, god willing, i can wake up for the sheer purpose of doing whatever the hell i wish and having a good time....and i try to squeeze in some enjoyment here and there while i'm at it.

good answer

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 01:13 AM
kimmeh is currently offline Click here to Send kimmeh a Private Message Find more posts by kimmeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morning_Glory
Sleeping In My Soul

To conquer the world

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 01:15 AM
Morning_Glory is currently offline Click here to Send Morning_Glory a Private Message Find more posts by Morning_Glory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Echuu
Master Jedi

Can I help? big grin

"Jesus also thought that non-believers should be stoned"------Alliance

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 01:26 AM
Echuu is currently offline Click here to Send Echuu a Private Message Find more posts by Echuu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
intoxicatedpoet

To change the way everyone looks at life.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 02:06 AM
intoxicatedpoet is currently offline Click here to Send intoxicatedpoet a Private Message Find more posts by intoxicatedpoet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
k00L kiD
life is a dream

Just gotta do it.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 02:08 AM
k00L kiD is currently offline Click here to Send k00L kiD a Private Message Find more posts by k00L kiD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Why do I get up?

I get up not only because I have to, but because I want to. I believe that there is not a purpose in life, other than to live it to the fullest and have fun while at it.

Why do I get up?

So I can go to school. So I can learn things. No. I mean really learn things. Knowledge is not only power; knowledge is meaningful.

Why do I get up?

So I can go to work. So I can make a living. So I can be promoted. So I can have money. Let's face it. Money does make the world go around. I can buy a house. I can buy a ring for my girlfriend, and then propose to her. My girlfriend brings wonderful feelings to me. She makes me feel ecstatic inside, like I can touch the sky. I wake up to go to work to get money to buy a ring to be with my girlfriend for the rest of my life.

Oh, and that is such a small thing. A puppy. I buy a puppy with the money I made by, even if indirectly, waking up. This puppy brings me those good feelings as well.

This puppy brings me love.

Why do I wake up?

For love.

( blink Wow, I think I just bugged out... but that question made me start to think, and this is what came of it.)

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 02:16 AM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

A woman...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 02:48 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GuitarBunny
HumpingPostBunnyGuitar

i get up because if i don't my mom will throw a b!tch fit

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 02:50 AM
GuitarBunny is currently offline Click here to Send GuitarBunny a Private Message Find more posts by GuitarBunny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Cuz..I usually have to piss really ****ing bad?

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 03:23 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

To see if the stuff I ordered off the net has arrived in the mail yet.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 03:44 AM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

To Chill, and do whatever I want.

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 03:53 AM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imaginary
blinded

To enjoy life.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 03:56 AM
Imaginary is currently offline Click here to Send Imaginary a Private Message Find more posts by Imaginary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

I get up because I am finished sleeping.

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 04:04 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Re: Why do you get up in the morning?

A better question is....

Are you back for good now???

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 05:11 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

To live, to experience life.

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 03:21 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cepheus

well if u stay in bed u'd get hungry... u need to go to the bathroom, and to have both u need money therefore u need a job and to get a job u have to go to school messed

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 03:24 PM
Cepheus is currently offline Click here to Send Cepheus a Private Message Find more posts by Cepheus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

Because it was time to get up and starta the day.JM

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 03:42 PM
Jackie Malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote