KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Can we control our evolution?...

Can we control our evolution?...
Started by: Cyd

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Cyd
All for them.

Question Can we control our evolution?...

What do you think about controlling our evolution?...

Evolotion is to change, and also to advance. All living beings evolve according to the changes of their environment.

A human being has sometimes to change or advance something in his live to become updated to the changes of the society.

Evolution is supposed to happen after several years, i mean centuries or millennia. But i think we can evolve everyday, because...

We evolve when we: Study and become more intelligent, work out and become stronger or faster. We evolve every time we practice something so much until we enhance an ability, sometimes a new ability.

So,,, that means that we can control our personal evolution?, what do you think?.

Attachment: camus.jpg
This has been downloaded 137 time(s).

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 02:43 AM
Cyd is currently offline Click here to Send Cyd a Private Message Find more posts by Cyd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

I think we can to some degree...yup.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 03:07 AM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

^^ I agree.

And anyway, yes, we could control our evolution. If we wall moved to Antartica! We'd probably get all hairy!

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 05:42 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cyd
All for them.

Question How about this?...

Thanks for your opinios guys, and...

Have you ever see a movie which talks about people who become super after an special trainig?. These movies show us a type of evolution, normal and common human beings becoming super after a training.

This is a way how life show us in our face that we can control our evolution,, i mean becoming more than our nuture expect.

This has been downloaded 130 time(s).

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 06:41 PM
Cyd is currently offline Click here to Send Cyd a Private Message Find more posts by Cyd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Why do you keep posting that picture when it has absolutely nothing to do with what we are talking about??

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 01:47 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cyd
All for them.

nothing to do?

Come on hotsauce, donīt you see heīs Camus, someone who can control the power of ice. As i can see this guy is not a common person, is someone superior, i mean, he has evolved more than the others.

Now tell me, still thinking the same?... But what about your happy face, does it have something to do with all this?.

This has been downloaded 119 time(s).

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 06:05 PM
Oswald Kenobi
Just Passing Through

Re: Can we control our evolution?...

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Cyd
What do you think about controlling our evolution?...

Evolotion is to change, and also to advance. All living beings evolve according to the changes of their environment.

A human being has sometimes to change or advance something in his live to become updated to the changes of the society.

Evolution is supposed to happen after several years, i mean centuries or millennia. But i think we can evolve everyday, because...

We evolve when we: Study and become more intelligent, work out and become stronger or faster. We evolve every time we practice something so much until we enhance an ability, sometimes a new ability.

So,,, that means that we can control our personal evolution?, what do you think?.

I don't think we as humans can control our evolution. The environment has so much to do with the course of evolution, and we are slaves to this environment.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 05:26 PM
Oswald Kenobi is currently offline Click here to Send Oswald Kenobi a Private Message Find more posts by Oswald Kenobi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cyd
All for them.

Question Interesting

Iresteresting Oswald, but i still think we can control our evolution, at least in a minimum rate. Im one of those who believe that we are slaves of the environmentīs and universeīs decisions, but im also one of the few who believe that we can control our destiny, breaking all the nature rules if necessary...

This has been downloaded 113 time(s).

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 08:45 PM
Oswald Kenobi
Just Passing Through

Re: Interesting

Originally posted by Cyd
Iresteresting Oswald, but i still think we can control our evolution, at least in a minimum rate. Im one of those who believe that we are slaves of the environmentīs and universeīs decisions, but im also one of the few who believe that we can control our destiny, breaking all the nature rules if necessary...

I agreed with you until that last part. I believe our evolution can be controlled to a certain point, but the environment has more control. Not really slaves, but more like employees, I would say.

One more point. Evolution appears to be based on the need to adapt. I'm not sure it is possible for us to force this need unnaturally.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 09:30 PM
Oswald Kenobi is currently offline Click here to Send Oswald Kenobi a Private Message Find more posts by Oswald Kenobi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

Very likely by tightening the natural selection process.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 09:36 PM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

By not focusing on the material things and by instead focusing on the mental/spiritual side.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 12:57 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cyd
All for them.

Question More interesting.

Oswald, now im agreeing more with your view point about this. Is a real truth that when we need to adapt we opt to evolve.
But is also a truth that many chase something just to be better, and not exactly by the need of adaptation. Just think about the rich people that want to be richer, or those strong who want to be stronger. (Sometimes we create the need of something in our mind, but not exactly because our life need it).

The thing is that i donīt agree with the theory that we have to wait until the end of severals years to achive a simple evolution, just because the nature say so...

This has been downloaded 109 time(s).

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 03:26 AM
Imperial_Samura
Anticrust Smurf

By all accounts since human kind has raised itself largely above the environment and so forth apparently we have reached something of an evolutionary plateau. We no longer ascribe to "survival of the fittest", the is no reason for certain genetic makes ups to die out, most people have a good chance of passing on their genes.

But I say it is possible for us to control our evolution. With the understanding we have of genotype, biology and so forth, and by way of genetic engineering, controlling genetic mutation, even by way of transgenics we have a unique, and indeed unprecedented ability to logically and consciously control the changes of ourselves, and the species as a whole. And I think this is brilliant. Evolution is a blind process, with conscious decisions. Luck plays a part. But to be able to consciously control the evolution of our species could push so many boundaries, and expand on the realm of possibility. A wonderful thing I feel. After all, we have through selective breeding evolved animal species, so it's equally possible with the increases in knowledge that the same can be achieved for humanity.

From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 07:00 AM
Imperial_Samura is currently offline Click here to Send Imperial_Samura a Private Message Find more posts by Imperial_Samura Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@F1
Tomato Crisps

Scientists can do there experiments, but ultimately, Mother Nature calls the shots.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 08:25 AM
@F1 is currently offline Click here to Send @F1 a Private Message Find more posts by @F1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imperial_Samura
Anticrust Smurf

Perhaps, but it hardly seems like "mother nature" is still lord of human destiny. While it is still an influence, it is far less of one then 100,000 years ago, 50,000 or even 20,000. We are not nearly as susceptible to natural selection, plague, famine, climatic conditions and so forth. Science has in a large part freed us from the most basic constraints of the the environment as the cause for human evolution.

In this sense I don't think nature, natural cause and effect, calls nearly as many shots as it once did.

From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 10:09 AM
Imperial_Samura is currently offline Click here to Send Imperial_Samura a Private Message Find more posts by Imperial_Samura Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cyd
All for them.

Question Great.

Thanks Imperial Samura. Your opinions will help me a lot to defent my point of view abot all this.

I can see you have a lot to say about evolution, i would like to read more about genetic because i donīt know enought about that. I have heard that we can control genetic in order to make our unborn kids smarter, to ensure a future genius. Is that true, or only a theory?...

This has been downloaded 99 time(s).

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 12:38 AM
jinXed by JaNx

What? Nature is chaotic and un-predictable. Man will never be able to control nature. Evolution doesnt occur from person to person, it occurs over generations of generations of generations of miniscule developments.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 02:36 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
k00L kiD
life is a dream

Re: Can we control our evolution?...

Originally posted by Cyd

Of course. For example if we moved to the underground our eyes would soon adjust to it. In about a million years to to adaption our eyes would be like cats. I heard somewhere if we processed food for the next century our thumbs would go away.
messed

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 06:24 PM
k00L kiD is currently offline Click here to Send k00L kiD a Private Message Find more posts by k00L kiD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Re: Re: Can we control our evolution?...

Originally posted by Freaky Zeeky
Of course. For example if we moved to the underground our eyes would soon adjust to it. In about a million years to to adaption our eyes would be like cats. I heard somewhere if we processed food for the next century our thumbs would go away.
messed

That wouldnt be humans controlling evolution. that would be nature conforming to our needs.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 08:02 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cyd
All for them.

Question

Does anybody know why we become more intelligent and useful for ourselfs?... Why we evolve our environment, i mean, our tool work, our transportation, our machines?... Why doesnīt the others animals do that?...

I donīt know why, maybe because we are smarter than them. Or perhaps because we donīt depend on nature decisions at all. laughing

We can become stronger, smarter, faster if we want. Does any other animal can do this?. cool

This has been downloaded 84 time(s).

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 10:06 PM