KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » EMERGENCY! Please, help me.

EMERGENCY! Please, help me.
Started by: pinsleepe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
pinsleepe
Angelina Jolie Fetishist

Warning EMERCENCY! Please, help me.

Could you give me some examples of using Colosseum in other works of art? THINK!

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 01:39 PM
pinsleepe is currently offline Click here to Send pinsleepe a Private Message Find more posts by pinsleepe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clovie

co??????

tj. nie chciałam być niegrzeczna, tylko po prostu nie rozumiem pytania, a i tak muszę iść, więc wszystko jedno papa

tricked me once - shame on you, tricked me twice - shame on me

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 01:42 PM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pinsleepe
Angelina Jolie Fetishist

Przyklady wykorzystania Koloseum w innych dzielach sztuki. Wlasciwie tu nie ma nic do rozumienia. Dobry bylby jakis obraz. Mam na jutro do napisania prace z historii.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 01:45 PM
pinsleepe is currently offline Click here to Send pinsleepe a Private Message Find more posts by pinsleepe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Emergency*

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 02:05 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pinsleepe
Angelina Jolie Fetishist

Yes. I know. 'C' was an accident.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 02:11 PM
jOHN_Anderton
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: EMERCENCY! Please, help me.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by pinsleepe
Could you give me some examples of using Colosseum in other works of art? THINK!

At least be a little more specific. You know, give us a little more to go on! What do you need?

Are you asking us to assist you in finding specific examples of where the ancient Roman Colosseum appears in various works of art?

By "works of art" do you mean just paintings & drawings? Can the examples come from sculptures and architecture? Or can it include other more modern art forms such as photographs, computer graphics, motion picture films and even music? All of these are of course, legitimate media through which an artist may express his or her creative energy and thus the result is considered a legitimate "work of art" in the broad sense of that term. Of course there are great examples of where the Colosseum appears in each of these expressive modalities. Ridley Scott's Gladiator is only the first example that jumps to mind in the movie category as he received Best Picture by the Motion Pictures Academy of Arts and Sciences in 1999 and swept the artistic categories for awards as well. I believe specific mention was made for the movies stunningly real and historically accurate depiction of the Colosseum. It must have been truly breath taking for scholars and anthropologists who have perhaps spent much time studying ancient Roman culture in general and the role the Colosseum played in this society, to, for the first time, see unfold with such believability on the big screen, the magnificent megastructure known as the Colosseum!

Also, are you asking only for examples of the Colosseum itself, or are you looking for the impact and influence the Colosseum may have in other buildings and architecture? This could include elements such as its beautiful Doric, Ionic and Corinthian columns and the symmetrical array of arches that typify its symmetrically patterned superstructure.

Also, when's you deadline for getting the info you need from posters?

Last edited by jOHN_Anderton on Nov 6th, 2005 at 03:01 PM

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 02:58 PM
jOHN_Anderton is currently offline Click here to Send jOHN_Anderton a Private Message Find more posts by jOHN_Anderton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

too vague

well, the first piece that popped in my head was "pollice verso" (thumbs down) by jean leon jerome, which takes place at the coluseum(please log in to view the image)
is that what you mean? or something along the lines of a brochure? 'art' is a very broad term.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 04:50 PM
PVS is currently offline Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

Przyklady wykorzystania Koloseum w innych dzielach sztuki. Wlasciwie tu nie ma nic do rozumienia. Dobry bylby jakis obraz. Mam na jutro do napisania prace z historii.

My God East European............. people.(am I right?)

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 04:55 PM
Grand-Moff-Gav is currently offline Click here to Send Grand-Moff-Gav a Private Message Find more posts by Grand-Moff-Gav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clovie

beznadzieje do głowy mi przychodzi tylko quo vadis i gladiator, trochę wypadłam z obiegu jeśli chodzi o sztukę jako taką messed

Originally posted by Grand Moff Gav
My God East European............. people.(am I right?)
MIDDLE EUROPEAN!

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 06:31 PM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

Originally posted by Clovie
beznadzieje do głowy mi przychodzi tylko quo vadis i gladiator, trochę wypadłam z obiegu jeśli chodzi o sztukę jako taką messed

MIDDLE EUROPEAN!

If it isn't western then its eastern!

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 06:32 PM
Grand-Moff-Gav is currently offline Click here to Send Grand-Moff-Gav a Private Message Find more posts by Grand-Moff-Gav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clovie

I'm terribly sorrybut your opinion is not in line with mine, dear Sir.

if you make lines connecting all the furthest points of Europe, they'll cross here smart
so it's middle.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 06:52 PM