KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Hamas Victory

Hamas Victory
Started by: WrathfulDwarf

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Hamas Victory

I don't know whether to say congrats or watch out:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060126..._ea/world_hamas

One thing for sure if Arafat was alive he would be in a hard core party mood right about now.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2006 06:15 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

It's pretty fricken scarey if you ask me. Israel already said that they would not even think about dealing with a hamas gov't.

Just when you thought that the tension couldn't get any worse.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2006 06:24 PM
KharmaDog is currently offline Click here to Send KharmaDog a Private Message Find more posts by KharmaDog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

Hmmm I can't say I expected this, but I can understand why so many of the palestinians voted for Hamas. Things could get ugly there.

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Jan 26th, 2006 07:33 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GCG
Red Bull

Unless they (both Israel and Hamas) renounce to violence. Those two have been dealing with an eye for an eye for decades now.

Deferrals get you nowhere - Just Do It.........Or Ineptitude will consume your life like a Cancer

Old Post Jan 26th, 2006 08:09 PM
GCG is currently offline Click here to Send GCG a Private Message Find more posts by GCG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manny321
Haradrim Elephant Rider

this makes things interesting.

Drown your face in a bowl of water!!!

Old Post Jan 26th, 2006 08:40 PM
manny321 is currently offline Click here to Send manny321 a Private Message Find more posts by manny321 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Hamas Victory

quote: (post)
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I don't know whether to say congrats or watch out:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060126..._ea/world_hamas

One thing for sure if Arafat was alive he would be in a hard core party mood right about now.

i can really see how he would've wanted to party when his Fatah party just got beaten in an election

roll eyes (sarcastic)

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jan 26th, 2006 09:28 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Uberking Robert
Restricted

Account Restricted

I wish everybody would stop screwing around, have the war so one side gets killed and then this whole thing is all over.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2006 02:43 AM
Uberking Robert is currently offline Click here to Send Uberking Robert a Private Message Find more posts by Uberking Robert Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Hamas Victory

well...there goes the neighborhood.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2006 02:44 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

Originally posted by Uberking Robert
I wish everybody would stop screwing around, have the war so one side gets killed and then this whole thing is all over.

Bit of a simplistic view of war, don't you think?

Old Post Jan 27th, 2006 01:48 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

They did win in the democratic process though....well, we'll see how it works out. Israel and the US of course pulled the big bullshit by already stating they would not negotiate with them

Old Post Jan 27th, 2006 02:52 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

US havent stated they wont negotiate with Hamas, they said that in order for the US to have a dialog with Hamas Hamas need to end their violent ways. As for Israel, well Hamas dont accept Israel as a nation so why should Israel even consider talking with Hamas at all

Old Post Jan 27th, 2006 03:34 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Not only the U.S. from what I read the EU also wants Hamas to stop their violent tactics. Is a pickle of problem...but it don't mean it won't be resolved.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2006 03:40 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by finti
US havent stated they wont negotiate with Hamas, they said that in order for the US to have a dialog with Hamas Hamas need to end their violent ways. As for Israel, well Hamas dont accept Israel as a nation so why should Israel even consider talking with Hamas at all

They are the elected leaders of their neighbour state...I think it might be necessary to talk to them in any way.
And the US also, if they want to be the leader of the world, which they seem to be, shouldn't just exclude anyone.
I think one has to see how itn works out. But if the US and Israel don't give them a chance to begin with there won't be uch chance of anything positive to happen.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2006 03:46 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

What did hummus win? Did they win the presidential election? Jackass award? The city commissioner? Best dip at a local cook-off?

Old Post Jan 27th, 2006 04:57 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GCG
Red Bull

The right to diplomacy which may be squandered through their pragmatic wing.

Deferrals get you nowhere - Just Do It.........Or Ineptitude will consume your life like a Cancer

Old Post Jan 27th, 2006 05:07 PM
GCG is currently offline Click here to Send GCG a Private Message Find more posts by GCG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
And the US also, if they want to be the leader of the world, which they seem to be, shouldn't just exclude anyone.
and they havent, it has always been US policy to not to negotiate with terrorists, Hamas need to come forth as a political front and have to deal with statements of the past in order to open a dialogue with the US

quote:
They are the elected leaders of their neighbour state...I think it might be necessary to talk to them in any way.
Hamas need to accept Israel as a state before a dialogue between them and Hamas can happen, if not what is the use to have a dialogue with a group that doesnt care what you have to say anyway

quote:
But if the US and Israel don't give them a chance to begin with there won't be uch chance of anything positive to happen.
actually the ball is on Hamas half it is they who need to come forth and show a different side than they have in the past. They be given a chance as soon as they come to term with how to deal with certain aspects of their surroundings,aspects they need to really really change

quote:
What did hummus win? Did they win the presidential election? Jackass award? The city commissioner? Best dip at a local cook-off?
Ignorance is indeed a blessing roll eyes (sarcastic)
Hamas won the Palestinian Parliamentary election

Old Post Jan 27th, 2006 05:10 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Originally posted by finti
Hamas won the Palestinian Parliamentary election

Oh, sh*t! Now that's big news! Everyone get out your plate 'cause now there's enough Hummus for everyone!

Last edited by botankus on Jan 27th, 2006 at 05:26 PM

Old Post Jan 27th, 2006 05:22 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Mmm...I could really go for some hummus and pitas for lunch later today. stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 27th, 2006 05:28 PM
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

That's great WD...always thinking with your stomach! wink

Old Post Jan 27th, 2006 06:23 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Mmm...I could really go for some hummus and pitas for lunch later today. stick out tongue
Hummus and tabbouleh is yummy...especially with pine nuts... big grin

Guess I should start watchin the news..........

Old Post Jan 27th, 2006 06:58 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote