KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Pitbulls vs wolverines

Pitbulls vs wolverines
Started by: Dreampanther

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Pitbulls vs wolverines

I found this site today where people were arguing about who would win in a fight between a wolverine and a pitbull of equal size, and i read loads of replies about guys fighting their pitbulls, and i was just wondering - isn't that against the law? or is it still allowed in some states? it's outlawed here by us, and generally frowned upon, but the guys seemed to be bragging quite openly... it just seemed to me sad
sad

Oh, by the way, the question is irrelevant stick out tongue
i told them to read up about honey badgers...
still waiting for a response!
big grin

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2006 03:32 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kritish
-------------

It's illegal, and wrong. But I think the wolverine would win, I've seen footage of them chasing off wolves and black bears.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2006 03:36 PM
Kritish is currently offline Click here to Send Kritish a Private Message Find more posts by Kritish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

people who fight pit bulls should be shot point blank through the eye

Old Post Jun 8th, 2006 03:37 PM
PVS is currently offline Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kritish
-------------

I don't even like dogs and I think it's wrong.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2006 03:43 PM
Kritish is currently offline Click here to Send Kritish a Private Message Find more posts by Kritish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

ok, cool. I have a thing about animals, glad you guys feel the same way big grin

seriously, though, check out honey badgers. they are the toughest animals on this planet. i reckon i'll be willin to back one of them against either your wolverines or a pitbull... laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 8th, 2006 03:54 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

(although i think wolverines and honey badgers are quite similar, actually...) smart

Old Post Jun 8th, 2006 03:56 PM
Kritish
-------------

A dude I knew who worked at a Zoo says they really don't feel pain...wolverines that is.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2006 03:58 PM
Morgoths_Wrath

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dreampanther
honey badgers

it looks like a skunk sick

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 8th, 2006 03:59 PM
Morgoths_Wrath is currently offline Click here to Send Morgoths_Wrath a Private Message Find more posts by Morgoths_Wrath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kritish
-------------

Originally posted by Morgoths_Wrath
it looks like a skunk sick

(please log in to view the image)

They smell almost as bad too. There's a certain type of bird that will call them up and get them to raid bee hives. After it's eaten it's full the bird takes the left overs.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2006 04:00 PM
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

yeah!

Old Post Jun 8th, 2006 04:12 PM
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

they are very cool

Old Post Jun 8th, 2006 04:13 PM
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

you can't keep them as pets, though, they escape from anything - even zoos can't keep them big grin

Old Post Jun 8th, 2006 04:13 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Wolverine wins way more ferocious and kills quicker...now you put a wolverine vs Tazmanian devil....oh boy...

Old Post Jun 8th, 2006 04:33 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

I got this from the net...

“The ratel has the reputation of being a remarkably tough and courageous animal best left alone. The ratel's main defence is a good offence: when molested it attacks, no matter how big and dangerous its adversary. People and even motor vehicles that come too close are not exempt. An all-black ratel that was followed first by a hyaena, then by a jackal, and lastly by me as it galloped across the floor of Ngorongoro Crater early one morning, rounded on the car and bit the tires.”

“In another instance, a man who got out of his car to film a pair of ratels was promptly chased by the male, which proceeded to scratch at the car door and growl for 5 minutes before returning to its mate. When the photographer tried again, the performance was repeated, while the female waited patiently at a distance. The ratel's courage is backed up by powerful jaws and limbs, sharp claws, and a nearly impenetrable skin, which teeth and even buckshot (except from very close) will not penetrate. At the same time, the looseness of its skin enables it to
twist about and grab an assailant in its own vicelike jaws. According to folklore, backed up by some circumstantial evidence, the ratel goes for the scrotum when it attacks large animals (bull buffalo, wildebeest, waterbuck, kudu, man) that have offered some real or imagined provocation. Whether this last is fact or fallacy, it is clear that the ratel fully deserves its warning colouration.”

“Whether the ratel's skin is impervious to snake's fangs is uncertain, but it is reported to catch and eat even the deadliest kinds. One was seen to follow a mamba into an aardvark hole, drag it out, and devour it with complete unconcern. Another fought and killed, then ate, a 3 - meter python, but shrieked and puffed during the battle, indicating some fear. The snake was as mangled as if it had been run over by a train.”

“There appear to be no natural predators on adult ratels, which itself is evidence of how formidable this animal is, for it weighs hardly more than a jackal. A lion was recorded as having killed one, but there were signs of a terrific struggle (Stevenson-Hamilton 1947). In another encounter between these species, 3 ratels took a kill away from 3 subadult and 4 half-grown lions (Cowie 1966). Another indication of the ratel's strength and truculence (predisposition to fighting aggressively) is the fact that one that entered a steel live trap escaped by tearing the end to pieces with its claws, then continued to mangle the trap with its teeth”

Old Post Jun 8th, 2006 04:38 PM
debbiejo
Dreamer

Wolverines are MEAN!!..........Michigan state animal... cool

Old Post Jun 8th, 2006 04:42 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

yeah, i found a site that said wolverines and honey badgers are related, so i'm not gonna badger you about it anymore roll eyes (sarcastic)

But check out what i found on another site - you gotta admit, that's cool!

"While the honey badger is listed in the Guinness Book of records as the "Most fearless animal in the world" (2004), they are not invincible and adults are frequently killed by leopard and lion.

Their black & white colouration is thought to provide a warning to other predators of their strength and tenacity. Their display consists of the emission of a strong smelling smell from the anal scent glands and a loud, rattling vocalization. This display is accompanied by rushing movements towards the predator and is frequently successful in driving large predators away. There are numerous stories of honey badgers chasing lions and leopards off kills. In Kalahari we twice saw honey badgers chase off leopards that stalked them. "

Old Post Jun 8th, 2006 04:49 PM
debbiejo
Dreamer

Razor sharp teeth........

Being that it is my State Animal, I've never seen one in the wild...

Old Post Jun 8th, 2006 04:50 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
aclj
Beware of the Shark

I'd say it be a close match, but I think the pitbull would win. Even though the wolverine is a wild animal, the dog unfortunately has been through a lot of shit.

Whatever the outcome, expect to see a lot of blood.

Kind of like when those roosters duel it out with each other, apparantly to the death.

Save the great white from extinction!

Old Post Jun 8th, 2006 07:06 PM
aclj is currently offline Click here to Send aclj a Private Message Find more posts by aclj Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

I just read an article in today's paper: in Wisconsin, a deer jumped through a window into a house, ran into the bathroom, where the owner locked it in til authorities got there. Thing was, the owner forget that the family pet--a pitbull--was already in the bathroom.

Poor deer? Hell, no. The deer kicked the dog unconscious.

Who'd've thought Bambi was so tough??

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2006 07:25 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
aclj
Beware of the Shark

Originally posted by Mindship
I just read an article in today's paper: in Wisconsin, a deer jumped through a window into a house, ran into the bathroom, where the owner locked it in til authorities got there. Thing was, the owner forget that the family pet--a pitbull--was already in the bathroom.

Poor deer? Hell, no. The deer kicked the dog unconscious.

Who'd've thought Bambi was so tough??

cool Ninja Bambi ninja

Save the great white from extinction!

Old Post Jun 8th, 2006 07:26 PM
aclj is currently offline Click here to Send aclj a Private Message Find more posts by aclj Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote