KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » al-Zarqawi's Death - Historical Role

al-Zarqawi's Death - Historical Role
Started by: Alliance

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

al-Zarqawi's Death - Historical Role

How do you think the murder of al-Zarqawi will play out? What Effects (if any) will it have on the: Islamic world, al-Queda, the Iraqi insurgency, the American "Battle Agaisnt Extremism/War on Terror," the new Iraqi government, Bush's foregin policy, and American/global perception of the war in Iraq? Is this even significant at all?

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Jun 8th, 2006 11:41 PM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

It'll provide CNN with a few weeks of non-stop coverage and then another top insurgent will fill his shoes and we'll be right back where we started from, IMO.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2006 12:17 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

slash Bush, I fear we will be hearing about ths for months as an example of how the US is "winning" the "war on terror" which wasn't even going on in Iraq until we (the US) started it.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2006 12:38 AM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

His death will give the Republican party a little propaganda material, but it won't do much.

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2006 12:49 AM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

I agree, but do you think the American people will buy it?

Old Post Jun 9th, 2006 01:52 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Bush's approval rating rises after every "major victory" and then slips back down again. I don't see this being any different.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2006 01:54 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Alliance
I agree, but do you think the American people will buy it?

Maybe for a few days...But Bush is also pushing the Non Gay Marriage bill now as well...So this death comes at a VERY bad time.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2006 03:42 AM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Except that bill is dead in the water, as it has been. So how is the combination of the two bad?

Old Post Jun 9th, 2006 06:16 AM
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Except that bill is dead in the water, as it has been. So how is the combination of the two bad?

Of course it's dead in the water...But he still has to push it to get the conservative votes this election year...Therefore, attention is split between the two.

All I'm saying is that if al-Sarqawi's death came at a different time, when Bush wasn't trying to stir the pot, it would have a much bigger impact.

Last edited by Darth Macabre on Jun 9th, 2006 at 06:48 AM

Old Post Jun 9th, 2006 06:44 AM
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

If you look back in history, al-Zarqawi and al qaeda weren't even present in Iraq until the US went in there and made it possible for them to prosper there. I think that is of more historical significance than blowing him up.

There are so many bathist separitists, insurgence, criminals, fundamentalist radicals and now terrorist organizations in Iraq right now I would think that al-Zarqawi's death is a mere flea fart in a windstorm at this moment in time.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2006 11:10 PM
KharmaDog is currently offline Click here to Send KharmaDog a Private Message Find more posts by KharmaDog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

I think al-queada will benifit from it, and install someone who won't attack fellow muslims and mosques so readily.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2006 11:27 PM
Philip_ll
The Great

The methods the soldiers used to actually pin-point his location, the fact that they were even able to do so, is astonishing, which says a lot about technology, and the Soldier of today. So i am beginning to like our boys.

banner by Penelope

Old Post Jun 12th, 2006 05:43 AM
Philip_ll is currently offline Click here to Send Philip_ll a Private Message Find more posts by Philip_ll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

You should like them anyway.

I heard that there might have been an inside informant, that al-queda wanted him out, or someone sold out to the US.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2006 05:53 AM
maham

How do you think the murder of al-Zarqawi will play out? What Effects (if any) will it have on the: Islamic world, al-Queda, the Iraqi insurgency, the American "Battle Agaisnt Extremism/War on Terror," the new Iraqi government, Bush's foregin policy, and American/global perception of the war in Iraq? Is this even significant at all?

He will soon b replaced by another.That's how it always turns out.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2006 08:11 PM
maham is currently offline Click here to Send maham a Private Message Find more posts by maham Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koenig

Abu Musab al-Zarqawi was out of control with him dead his former boss, Bin laden can now put someone in Iraq who he can trust. He was totally out of control and the civilian populace hated everything about the man. I wouldn’t be surprised if Bin laden ordered his betrayal to the coalition to rid himself of this thorn in his side.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2006 08:19 PM
Koenig is currently offline Click here to Send Koenig a Private Message Find more posts by Koenig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Originally posted by Koenig
I wouldn’t be surprised if Bin laden ordered his betrayal to the coalition to rid himself of this thorn in his side.

Me neither.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2006 10:38 PM
cking
King of the muscle shirts

it doesn't make a difference what important person from al-queda gets killed. they will simply be replaced by someone who is the same or better. the media is just trying to "rally" the public that the operation in Iraq is going well instead they are not.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2006 09:15 AM
cking is currently offline Click here to Send cking a Private Message Find more posts by cking Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

I dont think the US media (aside for FOX news) bought it. I just htink the administration is using it as a tool.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2006 02:38 PM
cking
King of the muscle shirts

I think so also and it is more than just the media.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2006 09:50 PM
cking is currently offline Click here to Send cking a Private Message Find more posts by cking Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

I think people blame "the media" for alltheir problems.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2006 10:01 PM