KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » The Worlds Water Supply Problem Has Been Solved! One Word: Desalination Filtration

The Worlds Water Supply Problem Has Been Solved! One Word: Desalination Filtration
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FistOfThe North

The Worlds Water Supply Problem Has Been Solved! One Word: Desalination Filtration

Although these machines/plants have been around, the method has finally achieved maximum effectiveness.

Construction is under way in the building of these newer and more innovative plants off ports all over the planet.

Inland farms all over and thirst will be among the few problem that'll may be eradicated. Good stuff.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jun 26th, 2006 09:53 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tegeen

Is it one word or two words? wink

Anyway, I don't have any idea on how that thing works but I hope that is indeed possible. Access to water supply has been a serious global concern for several years now.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2006 04:24 AM
tegeen is currently offline Click here to Send tegeen a Private Message Find more posts by tegeen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonderer

It's no solution if poor countries like mine can't afford the technology. How expensive or cheap is this?

Old Post Jun 27th, 2006 06:55 AM
Wonderer is currently offline Click here to Send Wonderer a Private Message Find more posts by Wonderer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

quote: (post)
Originally posted by tegeen
Is it one word or two words? wink

Anyway, I don't have any idea on how that thing works but I hope that is indeed possible. Access to water supply has been a serious global concern for several years now.

Opps, i meant one phrase..

Anyhow, turning salt water into fresh water is, i think, priceless.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jun 28th, 2006 12:08 AM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Wonderer
It's no solution if poor countries like mine can't afford the technology. How expensive or cheap is this?

Does it matter how expensive or cheap it is. ? Were talking a vast amount of sea water turned into fresh water for the rest of the planet especially the needy parts. There will be more than enough for everyone for ceturies..

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jun 28th, 2006 12:09 AM
Quiero Mota

It's about time!

Old Post Jun 28th, 2006 12:42 AM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

WOW! No one ever thought that if we could desalinize the ocenas we'd have more fresh water!

Two words: Cost Effectiveness

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Jun 28th, 2006 01:31 AM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imperial_Samura
Anticrust Smurf

Yes. Recently there was a great deal of hoo ha in Australia over this. As the driest continent on the face of the earth water is a concern. However desalination is not perfect;

1. It is expensive to set up and maintain. It is also expensive to actually make the water taste nice after the salt is gone.

2. It is potentially bad for the environment - all the extracted crud from the water has to go somewhere, putting it back in water can mess up the locality, dumping it can lead to devastating salination (think earth toxic to plant life) as to much salt in the soil if really bad for plant life.

It was, in the end, concluded that water recycling is better, at least at the moment with the current level of desalination technology and process.

From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2006 07:41 AM
Imperial_Samura is currently offline Click here to Send Imperial_Samura a Private Message Find more posts by Imperial_Samura Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote