KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Making Drugs Legal?

Making Drugs Legal?
Started by: Arcana

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lucius
Unknown

Making Drugs Legal?

Personally I'm for making drugs legal because...

1. It would eliminate the need for underground and illegal dealers thus lowering crime rates.

2. People by nature (especially teens) like to rebel and if drugs were legal then well I wouldn't be so fun anymore would it?

2. If someone decides to be stupid and **** up their bodies with drugs... who are we to stop them? Might as well make alcohol illegal again...

I think what is needed is more education of the dangers drugs prevent instead of just restricting them and therefore making it all more appealing to rebellious teens.

Again this is just my 16-year-old opinion... and no I do not do drugs.

(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by Lucius on Jun 30th, 2006 at 02:00 AM

Old Post Jun 30th, 2006 01:57 AM
Lucius is currently offline Click here to Send Lucius a Private Message Find more posts by Lucius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
autumn dreams
Help Me Think Of A Title!

And there would be drug addicts roaming the streets, people would be high, walking around stoned, people would commit more crime because they under the influence...yep, sounds like a bloody good idea!

Old Post Jun 30th, 2006 02:41 AM
autumn dreams is currently offline Click here to Send autumn dreams a Private Message Find more posts by autumn dreams Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucius
Unknown

quote: (post)
Originally posted by autumn dreams
And there would be drug addicts roaming the streets, people would be high, walking around stoned, people would commit more crime because they under the influence...yep, sounds like a bloody good idea!

Considering the fact that we already have drug addicts walking the streets being stoned and all that "shit" not to mention the numerous illegal dealers...

Had I wanted to at school I could have gotten my hands on plenty of pot and coke... so seeing as how the laws don't really seem to be helping.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2006 02:44 AM
Lucius is currently offline Click here to Send Lucius a Private Message Find more posts by Lucius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
autumn dreams

Originally posted by Arcana
Considering the fact that we already have drug addicts walking the streets being stoned and all that "shit" not to mention the numerous illegal dealers...

Had I wanted to at school I could have gotten my hands on plenty of pot and coke... so seeing as how the laws don't really seem to be helping.

But what would happen if we made drugs legal? More drugs, more crime. The law is the problem, we need to crack down on junkies, but so far we are doing nothing.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2006 02:47 AM
autumn dreams is currently offline Click here to Send autumn dreams a Private Message Find more posts by autumn dreams Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucius
Unknown

But what would happen if we made drugs legal? More drugs, more crime. The law is the problem, we need to crack down on junkies, but so far we are doing nothing.

Uh?

We are, but guess what? It's not working. People still do drugs anyways, and many don't understand what they are doing. Most of people at my school did drugs because it was the "cool" thing to do.

There would be less crime actually since those Latin American Drug Lords would suddenly be out of a big business (consider where coke comes from), and then there would be no more need of illegal drug dealers.

Dangerous drugs such as heroin should be controlled yes. But pot and coke? It's pointless.

What is needed is better drug education.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2006 02:51 AM
LighterFluid

More crime? What drug-related crime that exists right now is there because drugs are illegal. There won't be more people arrested for illegally dealing drugs if dealing drugs is legal. There is, of course, the violence that results from the drug trade; however, I think that if drugs were made legal, they would become less profitable for gangs and such. You don't see street gangs having wars over alcohol or cigarettes.

I'm not so sure that there would be more junkies if drugs were made legal, either. The people who want to do drugs right now get the drugs anyway.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2006 03:13 AM
LighterFluid is currently offline Click here to Send LighterFluid a Private Message Find more posts by LighterFluid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
autumn dreams

Originally posted by LighterFluid
More crime? What drug-related crime that exists right now is there because drugs are illegal. There won't be more people arrested for illegally dealing drugs if dealing drugs is legal.

Lets make murder legal, then there won't be so many murders because it is legal.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2006 03:16 AM
LighterFluid

There won't be any murder arrests; there will still be murders. You're missing the main point of that post, though.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2006 03:20 AM
LighterFluid is currently offline Click here to Send LighterFluid a Private Message Find more posts by LighterFluid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

I, for one, am against it.

There's a few good reasons why drugs are illegal in the first place.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Jun 30th, 2006 03:22 AM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazylozer
n00b boy

Legal? Fine. But I want it controlled, and done right.

Alcohol is abused, even while legal, simply because teenagers believe that it is cool to defy the law.

I'm unsure as to how it should be done; what is the right balance between ensuring safety, but not making it taboo, thus desirable?

I don't want infants to be able to go get high, but it'd be far worse if college hazing involved seeing how much heroin a guy can take.

So for now, I say not legal yet, but maybe after some consideration.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2006 03:27 AM
crazylozer is currently offline Click here to Send crazylozer a Private Message Find more posts by crazylozer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NinthCorona

Originally posted by DarkC

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2006 03:45 AM
NinthCorona is currently offline Click here to Send NinthCorona a Private Message Find more posts by NinthCorona Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naz
Super Senior Member

Uh?

We are, but guess what? It's not working. People still do drugs anyways, and many don't understand what they are doing. Most of people at my school did drugs because it was the "cool" thing to do.

There would be less crime actually since those Latin American Drug Lords would suddenly be out of a big business (consider where coke comes from), and then there would be no more need of illegal drug dealers.

Dangerous drugs such as heroin should be controlled yes. But pot and coke? It's pointless.

What is needed is better drug education.

We're doing something about drugs? I think not! Especially in high schools. One of the teachers at my school does drugs and abuses alcohol, and I don't see anything happening to her. If we can't do anything about the teachers how are we supposed to do anything about the students? For god sakes, that woman is teaching us.

And don't start with the crap about kids not knowing what they're doing. Everybody who goes to school in the US goes through DARE classes.

And the Latin American Drug Lords would have a BIGGER business! Because then they wouldn't have to keep anything secret! Take any beer company for instance. Do you think Budweiser was doing so hot during Prohibition? The law is probably the only deterrent for many kids. If you take that away then everybody's going to do drugs. It won't just be the rebels anymore.

So you don't think pot and coke are dangerous? Tell that to every drug rehab center in the world.

Again: DARE. If you don't think those classes are effective enough, that's something for you to bring up with the local police station, not to go and impose a change in the law.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2006 03:53 AM
Naz is currently offline Click here to Send Naz a Private Message Find more posts by Naz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Leo.M
A Riddle

1. It would eliminate the need for underground and illegal dealers thus lowering crime rates.

2. People by nature (especially teens) like to rebel and if drugs were legal then well I wouldn't be so fun anymore would it?

2. If someone decides to be stupid and **** up their bodies with drugs... who are we to stop them? Might as well make alcohol illegal again...

I think what is needed is more education of the dangers drugs prevent instead of just restricting them and therefore making it all more appealing to rebellious teens.

no expression

Old Post Jun 30th, 2006 04:05 AM
Leo.M is currently offline Click here to Send Leo.M a Private Message Find more posts by Leo.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LighterFluid

Originally posted by Nazgulinthedark
We're doing something about drugs? I think not! Especially in high schools. One of the teachers at my school does drugs and abuses alcohol, and I don't see anything happening to her. If we can't do anything about the teachers how are we supposed to do anything about the students? For god sakes, that woman is teaching us.

And don't start with the crap about kids not knowing what they're doing. Everybody who goes to school in the US goes through DARE classes.

And the Latin American Drug Lords would have a BIGGER business! Because then they wouldn't have to keep anything secret! Take any beer company for instance. Do you think Budweiser was doing so hot during Prohibition? The law is probably the only deterrent for many kids. If you take that away then everybody's going to do drugs. It won't just be the rebels anymore.

So you don't think pot and coke are dangerous? Tell that to every drug rehab center in the world.

Again: DARE. If you don't think those classes are effective enough, that's something for you to bring up with the local police station, not to go and impose a change in the law.

Pot and coke would be a lot safer if drugs were legalized. Right now they can be laced with all sorts of crap. If legalized, drugs would start being produced by major companies. This has two major consequences. First, drug lords would have LESS business. The drug trade is so profitable right now because everything has to be done illegally. Major corporations would start edging drug lords out of the market. This brings me to my second point - a major reason why they would be able to take over the market is because their drugs would be regulated. After all, who wants to buy street drugs when they could buy drugs that they know aren't laced?

Anything can be abused - drugs, food, posting privileges.

Last edited by LighterFluid on Jun 30th, 2006 at 04:12 AM

Old Post Jun 30th, 2006 04:08 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

So you adhere to the very silly rationale of "They're illegal so they must be bad"? Alcohol is legal, does much more damage, so do cigarettes.

All drugs should be legalised for the simple reasons:

1) Tax the hell out of them and you've got another massive income point.

2) You can keep track of who is buying them and who isn't.

3) You eliminate the way they are dealt, which is the worst problem with drugs.

4) Regardless of your concern for me, you have absolutely no right to tell me what I can and cannot do with my body. That's like making cola illegal because you don't want me rotting my teeth.

As long as I physically hurt no other human being on this planet, what I do to myself is nobody's business.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Jun 30th, 2006 04:10 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naz
Super Senior Member

Originally posted by LighterFluid
Pot and coke would be a lot safer if drugs were legalized. Right now they can be laced with all sorts of crap. If legalized, drugs would start being produced by major companies. This has two major consequences. First, drug lords would have LESS business. The drug trade is so profitable right now because everything has to be done illegally. Major corporations would start edging drug lords out of the market. A major reason why they would be able to take over the market is because their drugs would be regulated. After all, who wants to buy street drugs when they could buy drugs that they know aren't laced?

Anything can be abused - drugs, food, posting privileges.

Sure, they would be safer because they wouldn't be laced with crap. Of course, then you get a higher concentrated dose, which I can't imagine is good for you.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2006 04:12 AM
Naz is currently offline Click here to Send Naz a Private Message Find more posts by Naz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naz
Super Senior Member

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
So you adhere to the very silly rationale of "They're illegal so they must be bad"? Alcohol is legal, does much more damage, so do cigarettes.

All drugs should be legalised for the simple reasons:

1) Tax the hell out of them and you've got another massive income point.

2) You can keep track of who is buying them and who isn't.

3) You eliminate the way they are dealt, which is the worst problem with drugs.

4) Regardless of your concern for me, you have absolutely no right to tell me what I can and cannot do with my body. That's like making cola illegal because you don't want me rotting my teeth.

As long as I physically hurt no other human being on this planet, what I do to myself is nobody's business.

-AC

2) Because we're doing such a good job keeping cigarettes and alcohol out of the hands of minors already.

3) Really? The way they are dealt is the worst problem? My guess was going to be the fact that drugs have negative effects on the brain and lungs, not to mention that users quadruple their chance of heart attack. (www.nida.nih.gov)

4) The point of the law is to protect the citizens. The government doesn't care one way or another if you get hurt from drug abuse. The laws that make drugs illegal are there to keep people that are high who have no idea what the hell they are doing, like you, from hurting law abiding citizens, like me.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2006 04:22 AM
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

Re: Making Drugs Legal?

All these points have already been covered far more substantially in this thread:

Should All Drugs Be Legalised?

Stop smokin' crack, and start using the search button. Peas.

Nothing of him that doth fade
But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2006 04:48 AM
Ya Krunk'd Floo is currently offline Click here to Send Ya Krunk'd Floo a Private Message Find more posts by Ya Krunk'd Floo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucius
Unknown

Re: Re: Making Drugs Legal?

Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
All these points have already been covered far more substantially in this thread:

Should All Drugs Be Legalised?

Stop smokin' crack, and start using the search button. Peas.

Oops embarrasment

Old Post Jun 30th, 2006 05:08 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

2) Because we're doing such a good job keeping cigarettes and alcohol out of the hands of minors already.

Use some sense. They drink and smoke underaged, and they do so because they aren't old enough to purchase them legally. Why do you think it's hard to stop them doing so? Go on. Why should everyone else be suppressed just because idiots are being stupid?

3) Really? The way they are dealt is the worst problem? My guess was going to be the fact that drugs have negative effects on the brain and lungs, not to mention that users quadruple their chance of heart attack. (www.nida.nih.gov)

Well that's your guess. "Negative" is subjective, and I've proven so, I've seen people and known people that counter your links and your anti-hype.

"DRUGS RUIN PEOPLE! DRUGS RUIN LIVES!" Keith Richards? Yeah, bye. He's the one man counter to any drugs argument. That said, I know people personally as I said before.

Am I denying that drugs can be a part of things going wrong? No, but that's not how it always is. Drugs have done good things for humans and humanity.

4) The point of the law is to protect the citizens. The government doesn't care one way or another if you get hurt from drug abuse. The laws that make drugs illegal are there to keep people that are high who have no idea what the hell they are doing, like you, from hurting law abiding citizens, like me.

Go back and read my point, ok? I said as long as I do not hurt anyone besides myself, who are you to tell me I can't take drugs? Precisely. Take the initiative to think that I don't want your protection.

Second, like me? Bit of an assumption. Oh, wait, because you can't possibly not be a regular drug user and have pro-drug stances can you? Yes, you can.

Third, do you want alcohol to be illegal? If the answer is no, your whole debate is trash.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Last edited by Alpha Centauri on Jun 30th, 2006 at 05:16 AM

Old Post Jun 30th, 2006 05:12 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote