KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Bad breath

Bad breath
Started by: Oncewhite

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Czarina_Czarina
Restricted

Account Restricted

Miffed Bad breath

:?

If someone has bad breath, it may not be related to dental hygiene, such as regular flossing, brushing (at 45 deg, not 90 degrees), and visists to the dentist to prevent gum disease.

The cause of bad breath maybe coming from the digestive track, maybe even the colon.

If you have someone in your life that you love or like a lot, and they have trouble with this embarrassing issue, two things may help, maybe three, assuming that dental hygiene is routine. The two things are cinnamon and ginger, mix the two together in milk or water and drink it in the morning and night. The amount to mix depends, maybe a tablespoon of each. These two spices can effect the other parts of the body, so ask your health care professional about it before you try it.

The reason why they work is on a multi-level or dynamic chemical attributes, these attributes work b/c they are anti-microbial and ginger is an anti-flammatory agent. So, if someone has too much mucus build up, and you will notice this too (in their congestion and always having "cold" fluid), AND they have bad breath all the time, it maybe b/c the food is just sitting their in the stomach, and needs some ginger to help bring it out or get the juices flowing in the stomach to push it out into the colon, if it's the colon, then maybe aloe vera juice will help break up the colon build up, therefore, their breath won't smell like shit anymore, excuse the pun. According to Chinese practices, the actual type of phlegm has a lot to do with the type of issues going on in the body and is related to the lymph node, as it passes through the entire body, not sure if this is right, but, there is a difference b/t dry and heavy watery phlegm..both of which reacts to ginger, the cinnamon is good for insulin.

So, don't despair if you have a sibling, parent, or boyfriend or girlfriend, or spouse with bad breath, even though they have tried everything, there maybe two simple spices to fix that up for you (them).

smile

Last edited by Czarina_Czarina on Mar 24th, 2007 at 02:47 PM

Old Post Mar 24th, 2007 02:41 PM
Czarina_Czarina is currently offline Click here to Send Czarina_Czarina a Private Message Find more posts by Czarina_Czarina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Worth a try.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Mar 24th, 2007 02:59 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kinneary
Ex scientia tridens

What was the point of this again?

In case we find ourselves starting to believe all the Anti-American sentiment and negativity, we should remember England 's Prime Minister Tony Blair's words during an interview. When asked by one of his Parliament members why he believes so much in America , he said:

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out."

Old Post Mar 24th, 2007 03:09 PM
Kinneary is currently offline Click here to Send Kinneary a Private Message Find more posts by Kinneary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soleran
Fast As Time

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kinneary

Not really sure but it was an interesting read, to me at least.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2007 03:12 PM
Soleran is currently offline Click here to Send Soleran a Private Message Find more posts by Soleran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Czarina_Czarina
Restricted

Account Restricted

...that ginger and cinnamon can help fight bad breath, and bad breath may not be related to poor dental hygiene, it maybe related to stagnant food in the stomach (poor digestion) or colon clog (being full of shit)..., and if it's the colon, use aloe vera, if it's the stomach, take more ginger (in powder form) and cinnamon.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2007 03:16 PM
Czarina_Czarina is currently offline Click here to Send Czarina_Czarina a Private Message Find more posts by Czarina_Czarina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kinneary
Ex scientia tridens

And how is this relevant to anything? Are we supposed to conversate about it? What prompted it?

In case we find ourselves starting to believe all the Anti-American sentiment and negativity, we should remember England 's Prime Minister Tony Blair's words during an interview. When asked by one of his Parliament members why he believes so much in America , he said:

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out."

Old Post Mar 24th, 2007 03:17 PM
Kinneary is currently offline Click here to Send Kinneary a Private Message Find more posts by Kinneary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Czarina_Czarina
Restricted

Account Restricted

And how is this relevant to anything? Are we supposed to conversate about it? What prompted it?

I did research on some spices (I do a lot of research on herbs and spices) and found information on it, and felt it could be helpful, as this is an issue that people shy away from, even if they are suffering from it.

How does one have a conversation about this...hum...you can refute the information, make jokes of it, tell us that it's a stupid idea or not scientific enough, or you can tell a friend with bad breath.

I bet some folks brush their teeth at 90 deg, when it's really 45 deg, think of when you are scrubbing a pot or pan, let's say you need to use a knife to scrap the pan, if you hold it at 45 deg, you can get the stuff off the pan, that's like plack, it's hard to get off, so holding the brush at about 45 deg is better then at 90, and better for the gums at 45 deg (to get some stuff away from the gums, that's harder to do at 90 deg).

Last edited by Czarina_Czarina on Mar 24th, 2007 at 03:25 PM

Old Post Mar 24th, 2007 03:19 PM
Kinneary
Ex scientia tridens

I'm a dental tech. This isn't new information. I just don't see why it's posted here.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2007 03:21 PM
Soleran
Fast As Time

I'm a dental tech. This isn't new information. I just don't see why it's posted here.

I was interested to get your take on that Kinneary knowing what you do.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2007 03:22 PM
Soleran is currently offline Click here to Send Soleran a Private Message Find more posts by Soleran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kinneary
Ex scientia tridens

It's pretty much accurate. A lot of people use ginger and licorice to combat bad breath (when it's an intestinal issue). It's by no means a cure-all, but it can help.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2007 03:30 PM
Czarina_Czarina
Restricted

Account Restricted

And as a dental tech, how many patients actually KNOW this? As your profession, YOU know it and see it everyday, but I guess that if you had a census, you'd get 30% of dental patients who actually practice this stuff on a daily basis. And to the patients who have bad breath, they are probably too embarrassed to admit it (even though it's probably very obvious) and if it's not related to the gums, they are probably very confused about this, and maybe chew gum all the time to mask the effects, and we all know the health benefits for chewing gum, it's not the best for the teeth, when the real trouble could be digestion or the colon.

And no, I don't own stock in a cinnamon or ginger farm.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2007 03:31 PM
Kinneary
Ex scientia tridens

So post this on a dental forum if you want to help the uninformed. If your intention is to help the masses, this is a pretty poor medium to do it on (a movie forum).

I think you just wanted to throw out information that isn't commonly known to make yourself sound intelligent. But that's just my opinion.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2007 03:34 PM
Czarina_Czarina
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's pretty much accurate. A lot of people use ginger and licorice to combat bad breath (when it's an intestinal issue). It's by no means a cure-all, but it can help.

Yes, but licorice isn't always good for men, as it does have estrogen producing issues (will cause a guy to lose his sexual desire, at least, that is what is reported), plus, licorice can raise the blood pressure, and cause fluid retention. The fluid retention is really going to be bad for women who are concerned about every inch of weight on their body. Licorice is good b/c it has good qualities for such things as bad breath, but like with all things in this world, it can have an effect on other parts of the body, so please don't go out and eat a whole bag of licorice.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2007 03:35 PM
Czarina_Czarina
Restricted

Account Restricted

So post this on a dental forum if you want to help the uninformed. If your intention is to help the masses, this is a pretty poor medium to do it on (a movie forum).

I think you just wanted to throw out information that isn't commonly known to make yourself sound intelligent. But that's just my opinion.

I didn't know we had a dental forum. And this is the General Discussion, why not tell everyone that their posts are stupid and they want to sound intelligent...seems like you are upset b/c you didn't think of it first.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2007 03:38 PM
Kinneary
Ex scientia tridens

Many fixes are just temporary, and don't necessarily have long term benefits. In order to truly diagnose the problem, which could be dry mouth or even gum disease, you need to see a dentist, probably a periodontist. Most bad breath originates in the mouth from bacteria, so telling someone that they can fix their breath by eating ginger is, well, idiotic.

Like I said, these are not cure-alls. If you're concerned about your breath, you should see a dentist. Not listen to the advice of someone without proper education on a movie forum.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2007 03:41 PM
Czarina_Czarina
Restricted

Account Restricted

Many fixes are just temporary, and don't necessarily have long term benefits. In order to truly diagnose the problem, which could be dry mouth or even gum disease, you need to see a dentist, probably a periodontist. Most bad breath originates in the mouth from bacteria, so telling someone that they can fix their breath by eating ginger is, well, idiotic.

Like I said, these are not cure-alls. If you're concerned about your breath, you should see a dentist. Not listen to the advice of someone without proper education on a movie forum.

Well, I did give you something to talk about, but didn't exactly desire the mud sling, good thing I know how to maneuver around it.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2007 03:47 PM
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

I've got a pretty solid method for judging someone's breath. If it stinks, they're nasty and I need to get away from them.

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Mar 24th, 2007 09:29 PM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Czarina_Czarina
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
I've got a pretty solid method for judging someone's breath. If it stinks, they're nasty and I need to get away from them.

Ok, that's great to know.

That also means that if anyone is in trouble in life, you would never help them, which means, you could be the one with bad breath that everyone avoids, you never know.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2007 02:46 AM
Czarina_Czarina
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic

why do you worship the negative outcome in things, seems like this could be a postive thread, but some folks seem to spoil anything positive, it's like positive things repulse them or something...

Old Post Mar 25th, 2007 03:33 AM
Magee

internet forum, no one cares.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2007 12:04 PM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote