KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Ex still pays alimony to sex changed spouse

Ex still pays alimony to sex changed spouse
Started by: Oncewhite

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Czarina_Czarina
Restricted

Account Restricted

Shocked Ex still pays alimony to sex changed spouse

http://www.cnn.com/2007/LAW/03/28/s...=rss_topstories

That doesn't make sense, he's no longer married to HER, and she is now a HE...what do you all think?

[Attorneys for Lawrence Roach, 48, had argued his 55-year-old ex-wife's decision to switch genders and change her name from Julia to Julio Roberto Silverwolf voided their 2004 divorce agreement.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2007 01:42 AM
Czarina_Czarina is currently offline Click here to Send Czarina_Czarina a Private Message Find more posts by Czarina_Czarina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

Doesn't change anything, what's the question?

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Mar 29th, 2007 09:40 PM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KidRock

lol insane that he has to pay money to his wife. The money is suppose to help her survive and get on her feet. He shouldnt have to pay for her to get a cock.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2007 09:44 PM
KidRock is currently offline Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KidRock
lol insane that he has to pay money to his wife. The money is suppose to help her survive and get on her feet. He shouldnt have to pay for her to get a cock.

You not liking sex change operations doesn't change the fact that it's the same person.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2007 09:45 PM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Indeed, alimony is not linked to gender.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2007 09:47 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

Except in the word itself.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2007 09:49 PM
Bardock42

Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
Except in the word itself.

I hate you with a passion. One that could turn into hot steamy gay sex passion love....if Adam isn't looking.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2007 09:51 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bardock42
I hate you with a passion. One that could turn into hot steamy gay sex passion love....if Adam isn't looking.

See AC, once again, I'm not the one who brings up my sexuality.

Also, there is no passion in gay sex...only lust. Because gay sex is the result of a sinful impulse that could easily be denied given a better understanding of god's love.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2007 09:59 PM
Bardock42

See AC, once again, I'm not the one who brings up my sexuality.

Also, there is no passion in gay sex...only lust. Because gay sex is the result of a sinful impulse that could easily be denied given a better understanding of god's love.

Hey, Mr Preacherman, I didn't ask you for a sermon. I damn well **** whoever I want...with passion.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2007 10:01 PM
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hey, Mr Preacherman, I didn't ask you for a sermon. I damn well **** whoever I want...with passion.

No one expects the spanish inquisition!

Old Post Mar 29th, 2007 10:03 PM
Adam_PoE

I am always looking . . .

Old Post Mar 30th, 2007 02:21 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Vaginamony is inherently stupid anyways. Should be completely done away with. Just validates sexism, implying that women (usually) can't handle life after a relationship and needs to take a mans money in order to survive.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2007 02:59 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

You not liking sex change operations doesn't change the fact that it's the same person.

no its not. thats the whole point behind these sex change operations. The people want to become someone different, The realt person they were never able to be

their true freak so to speak

Old Post Mar 30th, 2007 03:56 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
no its not. thats the whole point behind these sex change operations. The people want to become someone different, The realt person they were never able to be

their true freak so to speak

No, a transgendered person wants to align his or her body with the person he or she always has been.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2007 10:00 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Regardless of what KidRock thinks of transgender people, he is right. Alimony is supposed to provide money for living expense/support, i.e. rent, food, medical care; basic life necessities. If the woman can afford to have a sex change, then obviously she isn't hurting.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 30th, 2007 10:07 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Alimony should only be provided for a woman if she is continuing to perform sexual favors for the man after the divorce, if not, get a ****ing job you ****.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2007 10:09 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's one thing to talk about the practice and execution of alimony, it's another to say this particualr person doesn't deserve it because she is now a he. Alimony and palimony are a seperate discussion. This is about the person in question, not the institution.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2007 10:16 PM
BackFire

Well, the point has been raised that if she/he/it/creature#4 has enough money to pay for such a procedure then she/he/it/creature#4 certainly doesn't need it, and such doesn't deserve it.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2007 10:19 PM
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by Robtard
Regardless of what KidRock thinks of transgender people, he is right. Alimony is supposed to provide money for living expense/support, i.e. rent, food, medical care; basic life necessities. If the woman can afford to have a sex change, then obviously she isn't hurting.

No, alimony is an attempt to adjust the incomes of former-spouses to approximate their prior lifestyle, i.e. for each to live "according to the means they have become accustomed."

Old Post Mar 30th, 2007 10:20 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by BackFire
Alimony should only be provided for a woman if she is continuing to perform sexual favors for the man after the divorce, if not, get a ****ing job you ****.

Part of me agrees with you... take Paul McCartney's divorce for example, besides paying his ex (I forgot the her name, the one-legged woman) several million upfront, he has to pay her 20k a day because she claims she needs 20k a day to live the life she is accustomed too.

Paul should have said he is accustomed to receiving oral each morning, vaginal at midday and anal at night.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Mar 30th, 2007 at 10:26 PM

Old Post Mar 30th, 2007 10:21 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote