KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Father Says Sons Traumatized by Lesbian Library Book

Father Says Sons Traumatized by Lesbian Library Book
Started by: Adam_PoE

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Adam_PoE

Father Says Sons Traumatized by Lesbian Library Book

quote:
Article by The Associated Press

Bentonville, Arkansas
—A Bentonville, Arkansas man is demanding the city pay him $20,000 for the pain and suffering of his sons after they discovered a book on lesbian sex in their local library.

"[They were] greatly disturbed," said Earl Adams his letter to the city. "[We had] many sleepless nights in our house."

Adams wants $10,000 per child, the maximum allowed under the Arkansas obscenity law.

Adams also wants the city to fire library director Cindy Suter.

The boys, aged 14 and 16, came across the book while the 14-year-old was looking for material on military academies.

The book, The Whole Lesbian Sex Book, by Felice Newman was moved to an inaccessible area of the library after Adams first complained, and then removed altogether following a second complaint from the man.

In a letter to Mayor Bob McCaslin, Adams said the book is "patently offensive and lacks any artistic, literary or scientific value."

A city attorney said that Adams' demand for money is without merit.

The city library board in removing the book said it will look for another volume on lesbians and if something "more appropriate" is not found The Whole Lesbian Sex Book will be returned.

"Any effort to reinstate the book will be met with legal action and protests from the Christian community," Adams stated in an email to the Morning News newspaper.

The paper said that Adams asked to answer questions by email because he said he feared being misquoted.

Meanwhile, Suter has announced her intention to resign effective May 31st, but she told the Morning News the decision had nothing to do with the controversy.

The job is part-time, and she said she needs to devote more time to her business.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2007 02:57 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Is Adams upset because it's a lesbian sex book, or is he upset because it's a lesbian sex book?

Old Post Apr 21st, 2007 03:02 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

probably because it wasnt hustler

Old Post Apr 21st, 2007 03:03 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StyleTime
Is Adams upset because it's a lesbian sex book, or is he upset because it's a lesbian sex book?

I wondered that too.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2007 03:07 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
aged 14 and 16

lolz your sons are gay

poetic justice

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

Old Post Apr 21st, 2007 03:09 AM
Schecter is currently offline Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

How can a 14 year old boy or a 16 year old boy be traumatized by a lesbian sex book? I prayed of finding shit like that when I was their ages.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2007 03:10 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

OMG I DEMAND JUSTICE!

CALL THE JUSTICE LEAGUE!

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Apr 21st, 2007 03:10 AM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Puzzle
How can a 14 year old boy or a 16 year old boy be traumatized by a lesbian sex book? I prayed of finding shit like that when I was their ages.

i was whacking off like a thoroughbred to hustler mags at 14. wtf. this guy is socially dooming these poor kids for like....for $20,000 which they'll likely never see.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2007 03:11 AM
Schecter is currently offline Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Originally posted by Schecter
i was whacking off like a thoroughbred to hustler mags at 14. wtf. this guy is socially dooming these poor kids for like....for $20,000 which they'll likely never see.

It'll go toward a college education...until he realizes what all goes on at college.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2007 03:12 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

It'll go toward a college education...until he realizes what all goes on at college.

more like
"look kids, dad got a porsche! eek!"

Old Post Apr 21st, 2007 03:14 AM
LanceWindu

more like
"look kids, dad got a porsche! eek!"

A $20,000 Porsche? Where can I get one? eek!

Old Post Apr 21st, 2007 03:20 AM
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

My question is how two 14 and 16 year olds can lose sleep over this. I mean, man, have they lived under a rock all their lives?

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2007 03:39 AM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

A $20,000 Porsche? Where can I get one? eek!

do the math on $20,000 down.
plus i never said 'new' stick out tongue
http://www.porsche.com/usa/pre-owned-vehicles/search/

win

Old Post Apr 21st, 2007 03:47 AM
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Originally posted by Darth Macabre
My question is how two 14 and 16 year olds can lose sleep over this.
It's actually pretty obvious. Think about it.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2007 04:05 AM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Clearly the father has a confusion of terms.

Obviously, tramatized means turned on.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2007 04:06 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Maybe they're gay? Either that or they're incredible sheltered.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2007 04:07 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

do the math on $20,000 down.
plus i never said 'new' stick out tongue
http://www.porsche.com/usa/pre-owned-vehicles/search/

win

Who the hell would buy a preowned Porsche?

Old Post Apr 21st, 2007 04:10 AM
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

ninja

Old Post Apr 21st, 2007 04:13 AM
LanceWindu

ninja

*points in horror*

Old Post Apr 21st, 2007 04:15 AM
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Originally posted by xmarksthespot
It's actually pretty obvious. Think about it.
laughing That was gold.

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2007 04:20 AM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote