KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Black slaveholders

Black slaveholders
Started by: Czarina_Czarina

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Czarina_Czarina
Restricted

Account Restricted

Black slaveholders

It's funny how some pro-blacks try to turn regular blacks against whites and everyone else just so they can keep control of a person's insight, ironically arguing the very thing they practice:

"Black Americans continued to hold slaves through the Civil War. In 1860, some 3,000 blacks owned nearly 20,000 black slaves. In South Carolina alone, more than 10,000 blacks were owned by black slaveholders. [See also "Black Slaveowners."]

Born a slave in 1790, William Ellison owned 63 slaves by 1860, making him one of Charleston's leading slaveholders. In the 1850 census for Charleston City, the port of Charleston, there were 68 black men and 123 black women who owned slaves. In Louisiana's St. Landry Parish, according to the 1860 census, black planter Auguste Donatto owned 70 slaves and farmed 500 acres of cotton fields.

Black slaveholders were the exception to the rule, but so, too, were white ones. Only a small minority of Southern whites owned slaves, little more than five percent of the white population if calculated by individual owner, or some 20 to 25 percent if all the members of the slaveowners' families are included. This means that 75 percent or more of Southerners neither owned slaves themselves nor were members of families who did."

http://www.issues-views.com/index.p...0/article/23018

DIXIE'S CENSORED SUBJECT BLACK SLAVEOWNERS

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/654735/posts

http://www.webster.edu/~corbetre/ha...iews/davis1.htm

Last edited by Czarina_Czarina on Jun 2nd, 2007 at 07:10 PM

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2007 07:03 PM
Czarina_Czarina is currently offline Click here to Send Czarina_Czarina a Private Message Find more posts by Czarina_Czarina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Africans sold slaves to European slave traders, Europeans kidnapped Africans as slaves, Nearly everyone of upper class society owned a slave. Everyones to blame...slavery is wrong. I'm white and get blamed for slavery, yet my ancestors werent even here and were infact slave like peasants in Italy, I'm Italian and am part black because of it. Dont know what the last two points have to do with anything, but somewhere along the line blacks and whites are to blame for slavery, but every one is to blame for racism, so what now?

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2007 07:18 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Only a small minorities of Whites owned slaved in the south...

Fcuk you Czarina. Seriously. I'm tired of the denial.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2007 07:20 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Aw... FotN is crying because he just got smacked down, by official statistics.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2007 07:26 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grinning Goku

Re: Black slaveholders

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Czarina_Czarina
It's funny how some pro-blacks try to turn regular blacks against whites and everyone else just so they can keep control of a person's insight, ironically arguing the very thing they practice:

"Black Americans continued to hold slaves through the Civil War. In 1860, some 3,000 blacks owned nearly 20,000 black slaves. In South Carolina alone, more than 10,000 blacks were owned by black slaveholders. [See also "Black Slaveowners."]

Born a slave in 1790, William Ellison owned 63 slaves by 1860, making him one of Charleston's leading slaveholders. In the 1850 census for Charleston City, the port of Charleston, there were 68 black men and 123 black women who owned slaves. In Louisiana's St. Landry Parish, according to the 1860 census, black planter Auguste Donatto owned 70 slaves and farmed 500 acres of cotton fields.

Black slaveholders were the exception to the rule, but so, too, were white ones. Only a small minority of Southern whites owned slaves, little more than five percent of the white population if calculated by individual owner, or some 20 to 25 percent if all the members of the slaveowners' families are included. This means that 75 percent or more of Southerners neither owned slaves themselves nor were members of families who did."

http://www.issues-views.com/index.p...0/article/23018

DIXIE'S CENSORED SUBJECT BLACK SLAVEOWNERS

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/654735/posts

http://www.webster.edu/~corbetre/ha...iews/davis1.htm

Why can't you just burst into flames? confused

PSN handle: B_B_Kang

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2007 07:27 PM
Grinning Goku is currently offline Click here to Send Grinning Goku a Private Message Find more posts by Grinning Goku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

attention whores. go kill eachother.

problem cancels itself out.

humanity benefits.

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2007 07:28 PM
Schecter is currently offline Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by Bruce Leeroy
Aw... FotN is crying because he just got smacked down, by official statistics.

I not contesting the stats, I'm contesting his or her saying that basically more blacks owned slaves in the south than Whites did, you cocksmoker.

You're the one gurgling his/her semen just cause of physically posted stats you probably haven't even looked at yet, without even checking if they're valid, nutjobber.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2007 07:34 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grinning Goku

Heh, cocksmoker.

PSN handle: B_B_Kang

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2007 07:35 PM
Grinning Goku is currently offline Click here to Send Grinning Goku a Private Message Find more posts by Grinning Goku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Only a small minorities of Whites owned slaved in the south...

Fcuk you Czarina. Seriously. I'm tired of the denial.

That statement is actually entirely true, independant of any arguments about racism. So don't even think about making flames for that in future.

As to your second contention, that is a lie, no such thing was claimed. Read things properly.

Cool down, before I have to take action with you.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2007 07:49 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Some Native americans held slaves as well. . .

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2007 07:53 PM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by Ushgarak
That statement is actually entirely true, independant of any arguments about racism. So don't even think about making flames for that in future.

As to your second contention, that is a lie, no such thing was claimed. Read things properly.

Cool down, before I have to take action with you.

Who denied it wasn't. My issued is with her false claim. And i love how you wanna pounce on me for saying one thing, yet I've been insulted on here everyday left and right with racial slurs and adhominem attacks, for speaking up and tactfully,until now, and now you pop up? w/e, man.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2007 07:56 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It takes two to tango, and you give as good as you get.

But you flew off the handle here immediately, and with no cause.

The errors in your posts are clear, the mistakes for all to see, and there was no such false claim.

So act more sensibly in future and you won;t run into trouble.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2007 07:58 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

I not contesting the stats, I'm contesting his or her saying that basically more blacks owned slaves in the south than Whites did, you cocksmoker.

You're the one gurgling his/her semen just cause of physically posted stats you probably haven't even looked at yet, without even checking if they're valid, nutjobber.

*gasp*

Yoru calling a black person names, you MUST be racist! laughing

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2007 08:08 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

Who denied it wasn't. My issued is with her false claim. And i love how you wanna pounce on me for saying one thing, yet I've been insulted on here everyday left and right with racial slurs and adhominem attacks, for speaking up and tactfully,until now, and now you pop up? w/e, man.
i think its because you're black.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2007 08:09 PM
Schecter is currently offline Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by Ushgarak
It takes two to tango, and you give as good as you get.

But you flew off the handle here immediately, and with no cause.

The errors in your posts are clear, the mistakes for all to see, and there was no such false claim.

So act more sensibly in future and you won;t run into trouble.

There was a cause. And you'd see mistakes and errors in my post cause you perceive it as anti-White, with you yourself being White.

You know, I wonder how easily you'd ban/censor me, again, in comparison to a fellow poster say from England, charged with the same offence, with how you finally came in here as fast as you did when i said an offensive remark.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2007 08:09 PM
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

laughing out loud

ush: white devil slave master oppressor

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2007 08:10 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

There was absolutely no cause at all- you simply made a mistake, saying that the oroginal poster was claiming something, which you were incorrect to say.

People can see the mistakes not because of any ludicrous racial situation, but for one very simple reason- you were wrong. You contested, directly, a statement that was true, then tried to say the poster was saying something which was not being said at all. Hence- wrong.

Trying to turn this into an attack on me is laughable. You're no martyr, FOTN, just an overly aggressive poster who just broke the rules by flaming everyone.

This is now a warning. You can accept that, or you can keep arguing and make it a banning matter. Your call.

BtVS

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2007 08:11 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

There was a cause. And you'd see mistakes and errors in my post cause you perceive it as anti-White, with you yourself being White.

You know, I wonder how easily you'd ban/censor me, again, in comparison to a fellow poster say from England, charged with the same offence, with how you finally came in here as fast as you did when i said an offensive remark.

So you have a persecution complex. I thought so, but wasn't entirely sure until now.

Putting all these racial views out there as if you're unbiased and not racist, but all you were doing were waiting for any white person to say something so you could play the race card.

How idiotic.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2007 08:12 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

man i don't care if i get banned or not. w/e.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2007 08:16 PM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Then can you hurry up and get banned? Everyone on thsi board, including the black people, find you embarassing. erm

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2007 08:18 PM