KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » 2nd grader in Japan commits suicide

2nd grader in Japan commits suicide
Started by: Czarina_Czarina

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Czarina_Czarina
Restricted

Account Restricted

Angry 2nd grader in Japan commits suicide

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XX3...ser&search=

This documentary was back in 96. I think it's odd that the teacher being interviewed stated that the children are losing their identity b/c they aren't allowed to be creative. The kid commited suicide after reading a manual on it. The story about this particular kid is toward the very end of the video, FF to 13.20-14.58 minutes, the suicide one is at about 14.41 minutes.

The kids have to try to fit in and it's very hard, even if they all are the same race.

Isn't it odd, that in the "black" or AA community, they are stating that blacks or AA are losing their idenitity b/c they are "acting" white or aren't interested in "stereotypical" things.

What is identity? Is it what others tell you about your looks, or is it your character on the inside? Is it what's in the outside (the world) that dictates who you are, or is it what's inside of you that you project to the outside world?

Old Post Sep 10th, 2007 10:35 AM
Czarina_Czarina is currently offline Click here to Send Czarina_Czarina a Private Message Find more posts by Czarina_Czarina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naz
Super Senior Member

I didn't watch it, because I don't think second graders can really comprehend the idea of loss of identity and the ramifications of suicide.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2007 10:45 AM
Naz is currently offline Click here to Send Naz a Private Message Find more posts by Naz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Czarina_Czarina
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Naz
I didn't watch it, because I don't think second graders can really comprehend the idea of loss of identity and the ramifications of suicide.

Well, according to the video, the 2nd grader committed suicide, as well as an 8 or 9 year old. Suicide is really high in Japan anyway, that's well known. But again, the issue is, what is identity? As Japan is going thru this argument of people losing their identity b/c they are forced to be part of something systematic, and AA/blacks are telling the world that blacks/AA are losing their identity for not being systematic (historical or stereotypical talk/walk/attitude, etc., acting, talking, walking "white", which no one seems to be able to define (I've tried to describe it, but no one has yet to define the frequency of vibration in vocal cords that makes someone sound "white", or the fact that every military on earth ACTS THE SAME WAY, same walk and similar manners, so are they also ACTING WHITE, what does that mean? After they are trained in the military, do they change? NO. And that's only after 4 years of training. I can look at someone and tell they've had military training. And compare 4 years with a lifetime of upbringing. No one has yet to articulat "acting" white, it's almost embarrassing to tell someone that having manners and speaking a language properly is ACTING, it's not an act if it's your upbringing).

The main question is what is identity? The outside or inside?

And yes, I believe that the Japanese educational system is tough, it's not this patty cake stuff, and the video shows that it's from early grade school. It's well known that Japanese have a high suicide rate, I just thought it was mostly teens and adults, I didn't know it was also happening in early grade school.

Last edited by Czarina_Czarina on Sep 10th, 2007 at 11:03 AM

Old Post Sep 10th, 2007 10:51 AM
Czarina_Czarina is currently offline Click here to Send Czarina_Czarina a Private Message Find more posts by Czarina_Czarina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

Originally posted by Czarina_Czarina
Well, according to the video, the 2nd grader committed suicide, as well as an 8 or 9 year old. Suicide is really high in Japan anyway, that's well known. But again, the issue is, what is identity? As Japan is going thru this argument of people losing their identity b/c they are forced to be part of something systematic, and AA/blacks are telling the world that blacks/AA are losing their identity for not being systematic (historical or stereotypical talk/walk/attitude, etc., acting, talking, walking "white", which no one seems to be able to define (I've definded it, but no one has yet to define the frequency of vibration in vocal cords that makes someone "white", or the fact that every miltary on earth ACTS THE SAME WAY, same walk and similar manners, so are they also ACTING WHITE, what does that mean? No one has yet to articulat "acting" white, it's almost embarrassing to tell someone that having manners and speaking a language properly is ACTING, it's not an act if it's your upbringing, unless they are jealous and angry over the upbringing of another person).

The main question is what is identity? The outside or inside?

And yes, I believe that the Japanese educational system is tough, it's not this patty cake stuff, and the video shows that it's from early grade school. It's well known that Japanese have a high suicide rate, I just thought it was mostly teens and adults, I didn't know it was also happening in early grade school.

No, shes not saying its not possible for a child to do it, its just that they don't understand the repercussions, ergo, its not something we can teach childen not to do because they dont understand what "it" really is in the first place.

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Sep 10th, 2007 11:03 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Czarina_Czarina
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by tabby999
No, shes not saying its not possible for a child to do it, its just that they don't understand the repercussions, ergo, its not something we can teach childen not to do because they dont understand what "it" really is in the first place.

Well, according to the video, they labeled it a "suicide", so you aren't arguing with me, I simply stated what their cultural documentary described as a suicide, if they never labeled it a suicide, I wouldn't have repeated it that way.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2007 11:05 AM
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

Re: 2nd grader in Japan commits suicide

Originally posted by Czarina_Czarina
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XX3...ser&search=

This documentary was back in 96. I think it's odd that the teacher being interviewed stated that the children are losing their identity b/c they aren't allowed to be creative. The kid commited suicide after reading a manual on it. The story about this particular kid is toward the very end of the video, FF to 13.20-14.58 minutes, the suicide one is at about 14.41 minutes.

The kids have to try to fit in and it's very hard, even if they all are the same race.

Isn't it odd, that in the "black" or AA community, they are stating that blacks or AA are losing their idenitity b/c they are "acting" white or aren't interested in "stereotypical" things.

What is identity? Is it what others tell you about your looks, or is it your character on the inside? Is it what's in the outside (the world) that dictates who you are, or is it what's inside of you that you project to the outside world?

That sounds like something someone made up.And not real at all.But if it you say so.jm roll eyes (sarcastic)

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2007 01:52 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Grey Fox
Restricted

Account Restricted

Czarina, why do you have to bring spiritual rubbish into it? Just leave it as a story.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2007 04:41 PM
The Grey Fox is currently offline Click here to Send The Grey Fox a Private Message Find more posts by The Grey Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean
Warum ist die Sonne rund?

I thought you were banned?

Old Post Sep 10th, 2007 04:49 PM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Grey Fox
Restricted

Account Restricted

Been over this with inimalist a second ago... NO, I wasn't, I don't know what you mean either. Perhaps 'grey fox' has been banned, similar names but I'm THE Grey Fox.

Okay?

Old Post Sep 10th, 2007 04:51 PM
The Grey Fox is currently offline Click here to Send The Grey Fox a Private Message Find more posts by The Grey Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

Please use the following link: Identity.

Thank you.

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2007 05:00 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote