KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Russia tests worlds most powerful vacuum bomb

Russia tests worlds most powerful vacuum bomb
Started by: Bicnarok

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

Russia tests worlds most powerful vacuum bomb

Link..

HERE

rather worrying as they can then blow the crap out of some country then move on in afterwards. No radioactive fallout to worry about.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2007 02:49 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Better that then a Nuke, of course they would use it a bit sooner then a Nuke but still....

But really I don't care much, they still won't be able to attack any western nations, China India or Pakistan... So nothing much will change in the political scale of things.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Sep 12th, 2007 04:53 PM
Fishy is currently offline Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thegungal
Machine Gun Dealer

Perhaps comming close to the smallest atomic weapons in the .1 (POINT 1) KT range. If you actually map that out to sq ft it would take thousands of those to level a midsized city (where it would take only 1 weapon in the thermo range and a handful in the medium Atomic range)

Also, the size of the weapon means it is not deliverable in mass. It is not a weapon to be feared on any scale...just if you are the target.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2007 05:19 PM
Thegungal is currently offline Click here to Send Thegungal a Private Message Find more posts by Thegungal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

So Chechnya or whatever that rebellious place is called is gonna get some heavy heat.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2007 05:21 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bicnarok
So Chechnya or whatever that rebellious place is called is gonna get some heavy heat.

Seriously doubt it. Even Putin couldn't get away with dropping such a big bomb on a civilian target. Or at least something close to a civilian target. Where most of their enemy's would be.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Sep 12th, 2007 05:42 PM
Fishy is currently offline Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

This is quite awesome. I love this kind of stuff. I want to know more about it.

Also, it looks lik the diagram showed the bomb to be in the 6100 KT range...It also shows a range of 150 Meters...Since it is in Russian...I may be mistaken.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 12th, 2007 06:53 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Its not range, its radius which is 150.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Sep 12th, 2007 06:58 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Sorry I just read the whole thing.

The one which is 150m in Radius is America's bomb.
The one which is 300m in radius is Russian bomb.

Its a comparison between the two.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Last edited by lil bitchiness on Sep 12th, 2007 at 07:08 PM

Old Post Sep 12th, 2007 07:02 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thegungal
Machine Gun Dealer

Originally posted by dadudemon
This is quite awesome. I love this kind of stuff. I want to know more about it.

Also, it looks lik the diagram showed the bomb to be in the 6100 KT range...It also shows a range of 150 Meters...Since it is in Russian...I may be mistaken.

6100KT is 6.1 Megatons(MT). That is about the size of the largest ever Thermo-nukes ever deployed. AKA, city killers. Weapons with a 3+ mile blast radius.

Again, with a 150 or 300 meter range it is smaller than the smallest nukes and would take thousands of them to destroy a midsized city.

I dont think people have a good and proper understand of jsut how much energy is released in an atomic explosion....even a small one.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2007 08:56 PM
Thegungal is currently offline Click here to Send Thegungal a Private Message Find more posts by Thegungal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Here is some more perspective on what this blast would do....

http://meyerweb.com/eric/tools/gmap/hydesim.html

Since this bomb focuses on more on recreating the pressure force of a nuke...this is more applicable to the dicussion...

Fat man's yield was 22 kilotons...

Little boy's yield was about 15 kilotons...

Old Post Sep 12th, 2007 10:06 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Black Ghost
Observer

A bigger explosive weapon without the repercussions of breaking any nuclear treaties. Just what we need. enemies of superpowers beware.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2007 10:08 PM
The Black Ghost is currently offline Click here to Send The Black Ghost a Private Message Find more posts by The Black Ghost Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thegungal
Machine Gun Dealer

Originally posted by dadudemon
Here is some more perspective on what this blast would do....

Since this bomb focuses on more on recreating the pressure force of a nuke...this is more applicable to the dicussion...

Fat man's yield was 22 kilotons...

Little boy's yield was about 15 kilotons...

yes, it is a great perspective. A Kiloton is 1000 tons. The smallest a nuke can be made is .1 or 100 KT. This weapon has a yeild of about .025KT or about 25 tons. 4 or so times smaller than the smallest of nukes.

Chart it on your link and you will see...it will take hundreds to destroy much of New York. A city without a huge amount of landspace.

Now punch in 500 KT...or an average yeild nuke. They do get much bigger though, and you can see it would only take one or two of those to get the job done.

This russian weapon is not on scale with a nuke...of any size.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2007 10:29 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bicnarok
Link..

HERE

rather worrying as they can then blow the crap out of some country then move on in afterwards. No radioactive fallout to worry about.

Russia and North Korea are pretty much on equal footing with propulsion devices.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2007 10:38 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2007 10:39 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Zeal Ex Nihilo
Russia and North Korea are pretty much on equal footing with propulsion devices.

Two things...

You shouldn't have abandoned "Feceman", that was a keeper.

Your sig cracks me up... silly Tranny.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 12th, 2007 10:43 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thegungal
Machine Gun Dealer

Originally posted by Zeal Ex Nihilo

Huh? Not even close.

Where is MK ability to place a payload into inter-stellar space?

Where is North Koreas ability to put payloads into orbit?

Where is NK ability to put anything into orbit?

Where is NK ability to launch long range ICBMs from submarines?

Where is NK ability to have a global reach with land based ICBMs?

Where is NK ability to even reach the US with a rocket?

Where is NK ability to manufacture its own Jets capable of supersonic flight?

Where is NK ability to manufacture its own commercial heavy lift aircraft?

Where is NK ability to manufacture advanced naval propulsion systems?

Where is NK air cavitation rocket powered Torpedos?

Heck, I dont even think they can make a car as good as the Russians.

So how are they on equal footing? The Russians have done all of the above and on a scale that can only be matched by the U.S. and in some cases not. They have a Rocket with a larger lifting capacity that anything we have ever built.

Even if the North Koreans have the know how or plans for some of these things they lack the money and infrastructure to build them. Same goes if they are offered the sale of some of these things...they cant afford most of them and they cant afford much of what they can get.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2007 10:49 PM
lil bitchiness
-

Originally posted by Thegungal
6100KT is 6.1 Megatons(MT). That is about the size of the largest ever Thermo-nukes ever deployed. AKA, city killers. Weapons with a 3+ mile blast radius.

Again, with a 150 or 300 meter range it is smaller than the smallest nukes and would take thousands of them to destroy a midsized city.

I dont think people have a good and proper understand of jsut how much energy is released in an atomic explosion....even a small one.

The problem is of crouse that this was not supposed to be nuke.It is the most powerful weapon which is NOT a nuke.

And as I already said, on the picture it says, 300 is RADIUS not RANGE.

According to the picture, Russia's bomb has smaller mass, but a bigger RADIUS...of distruction or whatever, I don't understand bombs.

Last edited by lil bitchiness on Sep 12th, 2007 at 11:47 PM

Old Post Sep 12th, 2007 11:41 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Terrible really, those bombs that cause distruction.

On a positive note, people test weapons all the time. I doubt it's anything to worry about.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Sep 12th, 2007 11:49 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thegungal
Machine Gun Dealer

Originally posted by lil bitchiness
The problem is of crouse that this was not supposed to be nuke.It is the most powerful weapon which is NOT a nuke.

And as I already said, on the picture it says, 300 is RADIUS not RANGE.

According to the picture, Russia's bomb has smaller mass, but a bigger RADIUS...of distruction or whatever, I don't understand bombs.

I see where you are having the problem. When I use the term "Range" I am not talking about how far it can be lobbed, that would be silly. I am talking about "Yield Range" (what is the power output of the weapon)That is common bomb speak.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2007 12:02 AM
lil bitchiness
-

Originally posted by Thegungal
I see where you are having the problem. When I use the term "Range" I am not talking about how far it can be lobbed, that would be silly. I am talking about "Yield Range" (what is the power output of the weapon)That is common bomb speak.

Right.
I was merely translating what was posted.

In any case, the point is that the Russian bomb is (supposedly) stronger than American one.
It has smaller mass, higher range and bigger impact.

I don't understand bombs, but....maybe it means that it has 300m radius is effected on immediate impact...then the explosion...
I don't know, im guessing

Old Post Sep 13th, 2007 12:57 AM