KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » No Jail for have a go heroes

No Jail for have a go heroes
Started by: Zebedee

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dexter_Morgan
Restricted

Account Restricted

No Jail for have a go heroes

Jack "Batman" Straw

By GEORGE PASCOE-WATSON
Political Editor
SEPTEMBER 27, 2007

ADD COMMENT

HAVE-a-go heroes will be allowed to defend themselves without fear of prosecution, ministers declared today.

Those who use “reasonable force” will have a new guarantee of immunity.

It will apply to anyone who finds an intruder in their home or tries to catch a villain in the street.

Justice Secretary Jack Straw declared people who stand up for justice must be protected by the law. He fears too many turn a blind eye to crime for fear of the police charging them with violence.

He wants to encourage a culture of justice where criminals face prosecution, not those who do the right thing.

He told the Labour conference in Bournemouth: “The justice system must not only work on the side of people who do the right thing as good citizens. It must also be seen to work on their side.

“Enforcing the law, securing justice, is not just a matter for ‘them’. It’s a matter for all of us.”

Click here to see the video

Mr Straw, who has waded in to stop criminals 4 times added: “I know from personal experience that you have all of a millisecond to judge about whether to intervene.

“In such a situation, the law on self-defence works much better than most people think, but not as well as it could or should.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,...7440894,00.html

I don't think everyone is as tough as Jack vigilanties cause problems.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2007 05:14 PM
Dexter_Morgan is currently offline Click here to Send Dexter_Morgan a Private Message Find more posts by Dexter_Morgan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Yeah baby! It depend what they mean by reasonable force though.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2007 05:17 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: No Jail for have a go heroes

I don't know, compared to the two other U.K. vigilantes, "The Angle Grinder Man" and that katana wielding bastard who beheaded a criminal, this Jack Straw seems ho-hum.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 27th, 2007 05:20 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Re: Re: No Jail for have a go heroes

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
I don't know, compared to the two other U.K. vigilantes, "The Angle Grinder Man" and that katana wielding bastard who beheaded a criminal, this Jack Straw seems ho-hum.

....you talking to me? Well I dont see anybody else here.

Last edited by Deadline on Sep 27th, 2007 at 05:26 PM

Old Post Sep 27th, 2007 05:21 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexter_Morgan
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: No Jail for have a go heroes

He is a politician, we breed them tough, Neil Kinnock , an ex labour leader, beat two guys up in an Indian restaraunt toilet for insulting his wife. I doubt dubya would do that.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2007 05:22 PM
Dexter_Morgan is currently offline Click here to Send Dexter_Morgan a Private Message Find more posts by Dexter_Morgan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Re: Re: Re: No Jail for have a go heroes

Originally posted by Zebedee
He is a politician, we breed them tough, Neil Kinnock , an ex labour leader, beat two guys up in an Indian restaraunt toilet for insulting his wife. I doubt dubya would do that.

big grin

Old Post Sep 27th, 2007 05:23 PM
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

wow. senseless violence. how admirable.

but yes, dubya would never do that. he would just have him kidnapped and dragged off to guantanimo to face months/years of solitary confinement and torture.

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

Old Post Sep 27th, 2007 05:26 PM
Schecter is currently offline Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

The "W" is physically tough... he's stocky, has a block-like head and a decent set of knuckles; he's also a very dirty fighter, which would be a plus in a free-for-all street fight. Rampant Nepotism, cronyism, corruption and overall failed politics aside, the "W" seems like a brawler; I am confident he could take out most world leaders in the Thunderdome.

(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by Robtard on Sep 27th, 2007 at 05:33 PM

Old Post Sep 27th, 2007 05:31 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexter_Morgan
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Re: Re: No Jail for have a go heroes

Originally posted by Schecter
wow. senseless violence. how admirable.

but yes, dubya would never do that. he would just have him kidnapped and dragged off to guantanimo to face months/years of solitary confinement and torture.

It wasn't senseless if two guys pawed your woman and made comments to make her feel worthless. I think you'd act in someway. I don't think many men wouldn't. I think it's a case of standing up for what's right. He asked them to apologise first and they were continually abuse. Neil was a "have a go" hero.

Last edited by Dexter_Morgan on Sep 27th, 2007 at 05:35 PM

Old Post Sep 27th, 2007 05:32 PM
Dexter_Morgan
Restricted

Account Restricted

The "W" is physically tough... he's stocky, has a block-like head and a decent set of knuckles... he's also a very dirty fighter, which would be a plus in a free-for-all street fight. Rampant Nepotism, cronyism, corruption and overall failed politics aside, the "W" seems like a brawler; I am confident he could take on most world leaders in the Thunderdome.

(please log in to view the image)

I take it back it could be a good match up. Neil played Rugby for Wales as a youth. I think we should get a time machine like in Bill and Ted, some ether and catch them both in their prime. Put them in a steel cage ala the WWE and let the mayhem ensue. I give odds as evens.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2007 05:34 PM
Deadline

The "W" is physically tough... he's stocky, has a block-like head and a decent set of knuckles; he's also a very dirty fighter, which would be a plus in a free-for-all street fight. Rampant Nepotism, cronyism, corruption and overall failed politics aside, the "W" seems like a brawler; I am confident he could take out most world leaders in the Thunderdome.

Yeah well anyway *pushes Robtard*

Old Post Sep 27th, 2007 05:35 PM
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: No Jail for have a go heroes

It wasn't senseless if two guys pawed your woman and make comments to make her feel worthless.

"pawing"? well if by that you mean phisically imposing/assaulting, then i feel he was in the right. if they just said rude comments i dont feel he was legally justified in assaulting them.
a spoken insult is not a crime. assault is.

I think you'd act in someway. I don't think many men wouldn't. I think it's a case of standing up for what's right. He asked them to apologise first and they were continually abuse. Neil was a "have a go" hero.

he could have notified the authorities of this harassment.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2007 05:37 PM
Schecter is currently offline Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: No Jail for have a go heroes

"pawing"? well if by that you mean phisically imposing/assaulting, then i feel he was in the right. if they just said rude comments i dont feel he was legally justified in assaulting them.

Oh well lets all hold hands and hug some trees.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2007 05:38 PM
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

notice the words "legally justified", which is the topic, if im not mistaken.

you dont have to knee jerk react with implications of extreme passivism. we are discussing law, here.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2007 05:39 PM
Dexter_Morgan
Restricted

Account Restricted

They pawed, one stroke her hair and made suggestive comment as she sat have dinner with her husband who was leader of the opposition at the time. I don't think any man could stand for that in front of him. In the U.K. a spoken insult is a crime. It's incitement to cause a breach of the peace or a number of other charges.

Robtard
Senor Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: No Jail for have a go heroes

Originally posted by Alfheim
Yeah well anyway *pushes Robtard*

*kicks the man-bag* *gouges eye with thumb* *bites a portion of cheek-meat off* *shits out Alfheim*

That's how I roll.

Deadline

They pawed, one stroke her hair and made suggestive comment as she sat have dinner with her husband who was leader of the opposition at the time. I don't think any man could stand for that in front of him. In the U.K. a spoken insult is a crime. It's incitement to cause a breach of the peace or a number of other charges.

That desrves a punch in the face and he asked them to stop.

*kicks the man-bag* *gouges eye with thumb* *bites a portion of cheek-meat off* *shits out Alfheim*

That's how I roll.

Damn..what your really that raw? Anyway im just messing around no beef whatsoever.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2007 05:41 PM
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: No Jail for have a go heroes

wow. i guess laws of conduct are far more strict over there. in america that part about stroking her hair would likely go over as justification for self defense, but not simple words (unless of course those words were threatening/endangering as opposed to just emotionally hurtful)

Old Post Sep 27th, 2007 05:43 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: No Jail for have a go heroes

Originally posted by Alfheim

Damn..what your really that raw? Anyway im just messing around no beef whatsoever.

Well, I probably wouldn't "shit you out", just spit you back in your face. Likewise.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2007 05:44 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: No Jail for have a go heroes

wow. i guess laws of conduct are far more strict over there. in america that part about stroking her hair would likely go over as justification for self defense, but not simple words (unless of course those words were threatening/endangering as opposed to just emotionally hurtful)

Face it... he beat up two assholes and got away with it because he's a politician. Moral of the story, don't beat the crap out of some scum, even if they deserve it, unless you're connected.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2007 05:46 PM