KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Tories would cut inheritance tax

Tories would cut inheritance tax
Started by: Zebedee

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dexter_Morgan
Restricted

Account Restricted

Tories would cut inheritance tax

BLACKPOOL (Reuters) - The Conservatives are set to announce on Monday that they will reduce inheritance tax, as they scramble to prepare for a possible snap election.

The party, meeting in Blackpool for its annual conference, is trailing badly in the polls, with one survey over the weekend putting it 11 points behind Labour.

I think it might be an election winner!!!!

Old Post Oct 1st, 2007 01:36 PM
Dexter_Morgan is currently offline Click here to Send Dexter_Morgan a Private Message Find more posts by Dexter_Morgan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

i wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that inheritance tax was recently voted the most unpopular tax in the UK

another reactionary policy from another reactionary party

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Oct 1st, 2007 04:10 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexter_Morgan
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden101
i wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that inheritance tax was recently voted the most unpopular tax in the UK

another reactionary policy from another reactionary party

I think it has everything to do with that. I still think it might be a vote winner!

Old Post Oct 1st, 2007 04:19 PM
Dexter_Morgan is currently offline Click here to Send Dexter_Morgan a Private Message Find more posts by Dexter_Morgan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hopefully not, they're certainly not getting my vote.

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Oct 1st, 2007 04:21 PM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexter_Morgan
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Hopefully not, they're certainly not getting my vote.

Come on Chil, "hug a hoodie", perhaps the funniest day any politician has created.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2007 04:27 PM
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's very unlikely for the Tories to win the next election. Heck, they'll be lucky to come in second.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Oct 1st, 2007 04:29 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexter_Morgan
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by lord xyz
It's very unlikely for the Tories to win the next election. Heck, they'll be lucky to come in second.

This move might change all that. I bet your parents don't want to only give you part of what your family home is worth. If it's only 300,000 at the moment that's what would happen. This way it will cost a million before they have to hand any over.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2007 04:41 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Zebedee
I think it has everything to do with that. I still think it might be a vote winner!

well then voters are idiots

Old Post Oct 1st, 2007 06:38 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bigon
Clown

They couldn't give any decisive answers about how soon this could be achieved though wink More hot air.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2007 07:44 PM
Bigon is currently offline Click here to Send Bigon a Private Message Find more posts by Bigon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexter_Morgan
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bigon
They couldn't give any decisive answers about how soon this could be achieved though wink More hot air.

Not necessarily we shall see Bigon.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2007 08:42 PM
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

well then voters are idiots
True. Only morons vote for the party that lowers taxers, rather than what they're actually using the money for.

Anyone wanna take that and make fun of America for it?

Old Post Oct 1st, 2007 09:03 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'd just like to say, contrary to my above post, Cameron does seem electable in his speeches. He's being liberal which shocks me and he's being charismatic and intelligent, also a shock. It could all be bullshit, but I don't know who I would vote for. I guess either would be fine.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 09:40 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'd just like to say, contrary to my above post, Cameron does seem electable in his speeches. He's being liberal which shocks me and he's being charismatic and intelligent, also a shock. It could all be bullshit, but I don't know who I would vote for. I guess either would be fine.

it really doesn't matter who you vote for anymore...every party is scrabbling for the centre ground in the pathetic attempt to be everything to everyone

no party has the courage of their convictions anymore...it used to be labour on the left and the tories on the right and you leaned towards what fit your political opinion

now they all spread themselves so thin that they end up having wildly conflicting policies across the board

the tories are quickly becoming the worst offenders of this...i mean...how exactly is it possible to have "liberal conservatism"? which was the buzzword of their party conference

Old Post Oct 5th, 2007 11:00 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

You only find that hard to understand because you are mis-using the term 'liberal'.

As is famously on record, Thatcher was a very strongly self-defined liberal.

To be clear here, this is not a tax cut as such, it is a changing of the threshold at the point you pay it. This distinction is important as the current threshold is widely held as unfair, and with good cause.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 5th, 2007 11:57 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Speaking of Tax, does anyone know what is happening next year with the 10% band disappearing, and 22% band becoming 20%.

I think thats the tax change everyone should be worried about. Especially if they don't raise personal allowance sufficiently high for poorer people to not be loosing money.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Oct 5th, 2007 12:28 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It's a complete arse, that's what it is.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 5th, 2007 12:41 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

it really doesn't matter who you vote for anymore...every party is scrabbling for the centre ground in the pathetic attempt to be everything to everyone

no party has the courage of their convictions anymore...it used to be labour on the left and the tories on the right and you leaned towards what fit your political opinion

now they all spread themselves so thin that they end up having wildly conflicting policies across the board

the tories are quickly becoming the worst offenders of this...i mean...how exactly is it possible to have "liberal conservatism"? which was the buzzword of their party conference
I think people who claim they live in a free country, and then say they hate liberals are the most offensive. Where the hell do they think the word liberty comes from?

Old Post Oct 5th, 2007 03:37 PM
Bardock42

I think people who claim they live in a free country, and then say they hate liberals are the most offensive. Where the hell do they think the word liberty comes from?
You mix cause and effect up.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2007 06:33 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bardock42
You mix cause and effect up.
You think I said liberty comes from the word liberalism. That's funny.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2007 06:55 PM
Bardock42

You think I said liberty comes from the word liberalism. That's funny.
No, I think you said that they are called liberal indicates that they are most closely related with freedom.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2007 06:57 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote