KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Illnois Middle School Bans Hugs....

Illnois Middle School Bans Hugs....
Started by: Draco69

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Miffed Illnois Middle School Bans Hugs....

What is this country coming to.....

http://news.aol.com/story/_a/illino...0000001#cmntbgn

OAK PARK, Ill. (Oct. 2) - If you need a hug, you won't get it at Percy Julian Middle School. Principal Victoria Sharts banned hugging among the suburban Chicago school's 860 students anywhere inside the building. She said students were forming "hug lines" that made them late for classes and crowded the hallways.

"Hugging is really more appropriate for airports or for family reunions than passing and seeing each other every few minutes in the halls," Sharts said.

Another reason to institute the no-hugging policy was that some hugs could be too long and too close, she said.

"There is another side to the issue when a hug is either unwanted or becomes inappropriate as judged by one of the students involved," Sharts wrote in a statement to parents. "On occasion, we do deal with those incidents. The goal is always to promote safe and orderly hallways where everybody can get by, be safe, and be on time."

Of course!! Hugs lead to fondling. Fondling leads to sex. Sex leads to AIDS and all the students will start dying enmasse!

AND it's the primary cause of tardiness to class! The students are so busy having a hug orgy they forget to go to class on time.

Swear to god, the f***king stupidity....

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2007 11:29 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JLred

that was a stupid thing...

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2007 11:29 PM
JLred is currently offline Click here to Send JLred a Private Message Find more posts by JLred Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Wow, I live 15 minutes away from that school. Weird.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2007 11:34 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Illnois Middle School Bans Hugs....

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Draco69

Of course!! Hugs lead to fondling. Fondling leads to sex. Sex leads to AIDS and all the students will start dying enmasse!

haha
kinda reminds me of the 'gateway drug' argument

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2007 11:39 PM
Schecter is currently offline Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

I heard also that they banned hand holding.

They also said for some reason that these were just "GUIDELINES" set out for the students.

Does the changing of wording really make a difference.

They stated that they don't think Parents would like the idea of their children just going aroung hugging people.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2007 11:40 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Seems good

we need to get that insecurity about touching and sex branded right into the heads of children as early as possible.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2007 11:42 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean
Warum ist die Sonne rund?

We weren't allowed to do anything like that either. We had to have a specific amount of space between each other and hugging was considered PDA. If we got caught hugging we would get a warning and then a detention.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2007 11:42 PM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Originally posted by Kelly_Bean
We weren't allowed to do anything like that either. We had to have a specific amount of space between each other and hugging was considered PDA. If we got caught hugging we would get a warning and then a detention.

God help us. No wonder we turn into such whores and sluts in college. All that pent up need for affection and human contact just explodes.....

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2007 11:43 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

In a massive and sticky orgy of love and spermicide?

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2007 11:47 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quiero Mota

I guess in IL hugging qualifies as PDA.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2007 11:52 PM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Well, Oak Park is a bit of a weird town...

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 12:01 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexter_Morgan
Restricted

Account Restricted

Kids use it as an excuse to mess about in corridors and not get to lessons on time in schools.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 12:03 AM
Dexter_Morgan is currently offline Click here to Send Dexter_Morgan a Private Message Find more posts by Dexter_Morgan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JLred

but hugging is really stupid in my school...it seems so stupid...girls will say hi across the room and shuffle across to give you a hug...but i try not to complain...and waving like two feet from each other...

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 12:03 AM
JLred is currently offline Click here to Send JLred a Private Message Find more posts by JLred Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexter_Morgan
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by JLred
but hugging is really stupid in my school...it seems so stupid...girls will say hi across the room and shuffle across to give you a hug...but i try not to complain...and waving like two feet from each other...

Yup, it's a serious cause of tardiness to class and it's the ones who need to be in class most who do it the most to arrive latest.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 12:07 AM
Dexter_Morgan is currently offline Click here to Send Dexter_Morgan a Private Message Find more posts by Dexter_Morgan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HyperDream
Oh the hugemanitee!

I wonder if they forgot to ban felching?

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 12:13 AM
HyperDream is currently offline Click here to Send HyperDream a Private Message Find more posts by HyperDream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quiero Mota

Originally posted by Lana
Well, Oak Park is a bit of a weird town...

Backwards?

Originally posted by .messedpace Opera:.
I wonder if they forgot to ban felching?

laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 12:15 AM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean
Warum ist die Sonne rund?

Originally posted by Draco69
God help us. No wonder we turn into such whores and sluts in college. All that pent up need for affection and human contact just explodes.....

Very funny.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 12:31 AM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Backwards?

laughing out loud

Nah, more like it wants to be this quaint little perfect town. It's a bit strange, though unlike most of the suburbs around here there's actually stuff to do there.

(Oak Park is one of the two towns around here that everyone hangs out with during high school and stuff. Still a kind of strange town though)

Last edited by Peach on Oct 3rd, 2007 at 03:34 AM

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 03:31 AM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

HAHA! NO HUGS IN OAK PARK.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 05:18 AM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

A good decision. The last thing this world needs is more affection between people.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 06:50 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote