KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » How have your views changed as you got older?

How have your views changed as you got older?
Started by: Zebedee

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dexter_Morgan
Restricted

Account Restricted

How have your views changed as you got older?

For older members this should be interesting. What do you think of the views you held when you were in your mid teens? Do you see them as childish?

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 06:38 PM
Dexter_Morgan is currently offline Click here to Send Dexter_Morgan a Private Message Find more posts by Dexter_Morgan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JacopeX
Restricted

Account Restricted

Very good question.

All of us had ideas and beliefs that now days we disagree with.

I used to think being with wrong crowd and acting like someone i'm not will really make me look cool. However, the day I got punched from behind was really a wake up call to reality. So I changed alot, I a more assertive, getting into school more than before, trying to be more participative, and I treat everyone with respect.

I also had many theories back then that were completely ignorant and stupid as well. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I still wish I can see the 13-4 year old Jacope and just smack him in the back of the head for such foolish acts and being a ****tard....smile

The more you question it, the less you will understand.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 07:26 PM
JacopeX is currently offline Click here to Send JacopeX a Private Message Find more posts by JacopeX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

My views have changed. I respect and believe in the law more now than I did when I was younger when I disregarded it.

I now see criminals as scum especially when their victims are helpless or innocent as oppose to having that "as long as I wasn't involved" attitude I had when I was younger.

My view with women has changed. When I was younger, i would want to approach any cute girl, think nothing of it, and say hi, now I see a gorgeous woman and think about the responsibilities that come with her. There's asking for a date, paying for our dinner, having patience, dealing with her issues, is she a psycho and so on and so forth. I just think twice now.

Money has definitely changed my view with finances. I'm obsessed with my credit score. I update my credit report everyday. I analyze all purchases and I make sure I know where every penny goes, how much interest i'm earning, i check the DOW, i keep records and receipts of everything as opposed spending any money I had like the same day, all the time, and not giving one hell about it.

I've begun to value conservative views as oppose to the liberal views i use to follow. I strongly believe in the family as a unit. ANd in family pride. I'm for teaching a person more than giving freely to that person. (Teach a man to fish) I believe in working hard and helping out your fellow man when and if you can when before I thought, "forget that"

I now believe God helps those whom help themselves as oppose to God just purely helping me because i asked for his help in a prayer, like I used to believe.

I don't want to keep boring people so I'll just stop here and mention more maybe at another time because i do have a lot of views that have changed as i've gotten older.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 07:33 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JacopeX
Very good question.

I used to think being with wrong crowd and acting like someone i'm not will really make me look cool. However, the day I got punched from behind was really a wake up call to reality. So I changed alot, I a more assertive, getting into school more than before, trying to be more participative, and I treat everyone with respect.

I also had many theories back then that were completely ignorant and stupid as well. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I still wish I can see the 13-4 year old Jacope and just smack him in the back of the head for such foolish acts and being a ****tard....smile

I can relate. I used to hang out with the wrong crowd and got into deep situations because of the fact. They were my best friends and some are still around but I don't think I want to see them anymore. I'm past that life and change is good.

If I could I would headlock my younger self and ask him 'what the fcuk are you doing? Smarten up, man!" But I know that younger me would've gotten revenge and went after me, with friends, in the worst way for even putting hands on me.

funny and crazy

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 07:41 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, I'm a better communicator. I think the only view I changed my opinion on are conspiracy claims. Some may say I'm a flip-flopper, but some people still think Kerry was a flip-flopper, just because Bush said so...

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 07:48 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

I grew up thinking that the world is a great place, and that America is a great country.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 07:50 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
I grew up thinking that the world is a great place, and that America is a great country.
I like that.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 07:52 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

both are not true.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 08:12 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

The world is not a great place, but America is a great country smile

My views haven't changed too much, but I'm still only 19.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 08:14 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Very good question.

All of us had ideas and beliefs that now days we disagree with.

I used to think being with wrong crowd and acting like someone i'm not will really make me look cool. However, the day I got punched from behind was really a wake up call to reality . So I changed alot, I a more assertive, getting into school more than before, trying to be more participative, and I treat everyone with respect.

What? A donkey punch changed your life perspective? confused

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 08:19 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

me too

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 08:27 PM
Schecter is currently offline Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I used to be a stone cold hardcore athiest.

Not so much anymore.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 08:30 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
P23
Restricted

Account Restricted

believe it or not i was always the quiet one... one day i got tired of being quiet and ran my mouth ever since.

i like to sit on teh ****ing curb drawing lines of dead people on teh ****ing ground
u kno who u ar and im comin to ****ing get u

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 08:32 PM
P23 is currently offline Click here to Send P23 a Private Message Find more posts by P23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chithappens

Used to be a whore.

Hated all people.

Did not care much for respecting women.

Apathetic to politics.

And so on. A lot has changed in three years for me and I'm just 19.

My YouTube Channel

Random Thoughts Blog *Actually being updated now*

Poetry Blog

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 11:36 PM
chithappens is currently offline Click here to Send chithappens a Private Message Find more posts by chithappens Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
both are not true.
Hehe.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 11:43 PM
Critic
Restricted

Account Restricted

I was once an atheist and I was also very disrespectful and hateful towards religion. I'm a Christian now.

Is it better for a King to be feared or to be loved?

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 11:50 PM
Critic is currently offline Click here to Send Critic a Private Message Find more posts by Critic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grinning Goku

I grew up believing that one day all the shitty stuff in my life would turn magically turn around. Then, I realized that I have to make shit like that happen.

PSN handle: B_B_Kang

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 11:54 PM
Grinning Goku is currently offline Click here to Send Grinning Goku a Private Message Find more posts by Grinning Goku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexter_Morgan
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Grinning Goku
I grew up believing that one day all the shitty stuff in my life would turn magically turn around. Then, I realized that I have to make shit like that happen.

Lot's of shit going on their.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2007 12:01 AM
Dexter_Morgan is currently offline Click here to Send Dexter_Morgan a Private Message Find more posts by Dexter_Morgan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JacopeX
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
What? A donkey punch changed your life perspective? confused
You see, the guy who punched me was pretty much a gangster that gets into too much trouble and days after the incident, I thought to myself "Do I want to be like to loser?" If I continued how I was, I would be no different than the idiot that punched me.

I changed, became more mature, I speak clear and sophisticated English, I do alot more better in school, I play alot more soccer and I have no shame of being myself.

The more you question it, the less you will understand.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2007 01:07 AM
JacopeX is currently offline Click here to Send JacopeX a Private Message Find more posts by JacopeX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Zebedee
For older members this should be interesting. What do you think of the views you held when you were in your mid teens? Do you see them as childish?
Nope. Some were misguided, but not childish.

I've always been exceedingly more mature than my peers.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Oct 4th, 2007 01:11 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote