KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » North American Union

North American Union
Started by: chithappens

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
chithappens

North American Union

My YouTube Channel

Random Thoughts Blog *Actually being updated now*

Poetry Blog

Old Post Oct 4th, 2007 12:03 AM
chithappens is currently offline Click here to Send chithappens a Private Message Find more posts by chithappens Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
meep-meep
What are you angry about?

Well about damn time.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2007 05:08 AM
meep-meep is currently offline Click here to Send meep-meep a Private Message Find more posts by meep-meep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chithappens

I really am wondering about it because it has not come up at all as far as I know.

No media outlet has really gone into it. CNN just goes over the fact that "Kevin has the kids!" and OJ all day lately. Or make up a new Bill O Reily racism thread on TV.

My YouTube Channel

Poetry Blog

Old Post Oct 4th, 2007 10:48 AM
chithappens is currently offline Click here to Send chithappens a Private Message Find more posts by chithappens Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Captain King
Jim Profit

These journalists make me ill, we're heading toward a one world government and nobody gives a crap.

How long before a north american union merges with the EU?

We're too much like eureope as it is, there is no damn way i'd supprt a north american union.

I'm sure Canadians and Mexicans don't want it just as much as most of us. Cause you can rest assure if we did merge, America would be the dominant force, and Canada/Mexico would actually have a real military. Which would ruin thier image as the friendly neutral countries.

Being neutral does not have to mean assalimated.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2007 10:18 PM
Captain King is currently offline Click here to Send Captain King a Private Message Find more posts by Captain King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chithappens

Can we have some sort of discussion on this? I'm not really sure what the purpose of the NAU is which is why I am asking.

I don't want to be quick to jump onto the "world domination" wagon. I really don't get the point of the NAU.

My YouTube Channel

Poetry Blog

Old Post Oct 6th, 2007 07:11 PM
Deano

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Captain King
These journalists make me ill, we're heading toward a one world government and nobody gives a crap.

We're too much like eureope as it is, there is no damn way i'd supprt a north american union.

I'm sure Canadians and Mexicans don't want it just as much as most of us. Cause you can rest assure if we did merge, America would be the dominant force, and Canada/Mexico would actually have a real military. Which would ruin thier image as the friendly neutral countries.

who cares..its just a conspiracy smile just keep your head down and your mouth shut.

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 12:50 AM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Archaeopteryx

Countries are increasingly becoming irrelevant as corporations assume their role.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 04:26 AM
Archaeopteryx is currently offline Click here to Send Archaeopteryx a Private Message Find more posts by Archaeopteryx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Originally posted by Captain King

If a North American union would start, it would likely start as an economic union and grow from there. And the growing part is hard and it takes a lot of time. If it would even happen that is. A more efficient economical bond between two or three country's in the same region really can't hurt. It would only help to make the respective economy's of those country's improve. Who knows what will come from a union like that in the far away future, maybe there will one day be a nation called North America, or perhaps not. You can't expect something like that to be created in a day, and you can't expect the arguments against it now or for it now will still count in 50 to a 100 years.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 12:50 PM
Fishy is currently offline Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chithappens

Originally posted by Fishy
If a North American union would start, it would likely start as an economic union and grow from there. And the growing part is hard and it takes a lot of time. If it would even happen that is. A more efficient economical bond between two or three country's in the same region really can't hurt. It would only help to make the respective economy's of those country's improve. Who knows what will come from a union like that in the far away future, maybe there will one day be a nation called North America, or perhaps not. You can't expect something like that to be created in a day, and you can't expect the arguments against it now or for it now will still count in 50 to a 100 years.

I get what you are saying but then I do not. I'm trying to understand what this does in application and what the signing of the NAU means right now.

I'm not going to act as I get it because I really do not understand what this does beyond open borders. Is this like a "trust-pact" similar to what was going on during WWII (I can't remember the term but it was an "if they attack you, I fight with you" kinda deal)?

My YouTube Channel

Poetry Blog

Old Post Oct 8th, 2007 07:19 PM
Fishy

Originally posted by chithappens
I get what you are saying but then I do not. I'm trying to understand what this does in application and what the signing of the NAU means right now.

I'm not going to act as I get it because I really do not understand what this does beyond open borders. Is this like a "trust-pact" similar to what was going on during WWII (I can't remember the term but it was an "if they attack you, I fight with you" kinda deal)?

Compare it if anything to the start of the European Union. It was an economical union which grew into something more over time.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Oct 8th, 2007 07:30 PM
Fishy is currently offline Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chithappens

I don't know much about it... I'm a serious EU noob.

What made the EU grow? It just happened without any serious event taking place?

My YouTube Channel

Poetry Blog

Old Post Oct 8th, 2007 07:53 PM