KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Wikipedia's standards fall yet again...

Wikipedia's standards fall yet again...
Started by: Zeal Ex Nihilo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Laugh Wikipedia's standards fall yet again...

quote:
In Part II, Sasuke sees little change from his personality and mindset at the end of Part I, still craving power above all else. His lust for strength is such that, during his reunion with Naruto and Sakura, he claims to be willing to give his body to Orochimaru if it means killing Itachi. Sasuke has at least changed to a point that he no longer cares for his former teammates' well-beings, being more than willing to kill them since neither is of any use to him. His relationship with Orochimaru shows a similar lack of loyalty, as during their time together he applies no honorifics to Orochimaru's name, is somewhat rude to him, and does not express his allegiance with Otogakure by wearing a Sound headband. Of the loyalties Sasuke has, the only one he displays is that of the Uchiha clan, the symbol of which he wears on his back collar. Despite this lack of allegiances to those close to him, Sasuke seems to be unable to bring himself to needlessly harm those he has never met before, and makes it a point to prevent their deaths when possible. He's also known for being the most gayest character in Naruto. Commonly called Naruto-sexual.

Lulz.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 04:15 AM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Boo-fu*king-hoo.

Write a letter to Oprah. I don't give a shit.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 04:20 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AngryManatee
Sexy Ham Manwich

Then again it could be argued that every character in Naruto, and the people who watch it, are chronic little-boy-pee-pee-touchers

You don't need good rear vision because you're always in front!

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 05:11 AM
AngryManatee is currently offline Click here to Send AngryManatee a Private Message Find more posts by AngryManatee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

this passage should be saved for anyone who quotes wikipedia as indisputable proof of anything.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
Boo-fu*king-hoo.

funny that you posted...considering you dont give a shit. well...actually its not funny, but.....yeah....*leaves avoiding eye contact*

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 07:11 AM
Schecter is currently offline Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

Originally posted by Impediment
Boo-fu*king-hoo.

That had me in stitches!

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 09:58 AM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

I liked the Impediment quote too. He's always good at making quotes to live by. smile

Anyway, Wikipedia is wrong because it contridicts itself, not because it doesn't know some shit about a retarded anime.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 10:10 AM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wikipedia is just unreliable because it's able to be edited. It doesn't necessarily mean people put false info up there.

Though I agree using it as a source is usually a bit silly.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 10:25 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Wikipedia is just unreliable because it's able to be edited. It doesn't necessarily mean people put false info up there.

-AC
No, it's unreliable because any idiot could have posted it. An Australian could be the one who wrote the article on the American civil war. (Don't bother mentioning Kram3r.)

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 10:30 AM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

That is essentially what I said.

It's unreliable cos anyone can do it, it doesn't mean someone who DID, is wrong.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 10:32 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It doesn't matter. Even if Wikipeida was only ever edited by responsible people in the know it's still no good as an academic source; no encyclopeida is.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 10:34 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

That is essentially what I said.

It's unreliable cos anyone can do it, it doesn't mean someone who DID, is wrong.

-AC
You said it's unreliable because it gets edited. I said it's unreliable because it could have been posted by an idiot. There is a difference between the two statements.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 10:37 AM
Bardock42

Bad post
Originally posted by lord xyz
I liked the Impediment quote too. He's always good at making quotes to live by. smile

Anyway, Wikipedia is wrong because it contridicts itself, not because it doesn't know some shit about a retarded anime.

Good post

-AC

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 10:37 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bardock42
Bad post

Good post
Aww, you like Naruto.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 10:51 AM
Bardock42

Aww, you like Naruto.
It's a good show.

I was just more referring to your post being trivial nonsense and his actually stating a problem with Wikipedia.

But good show.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 10:54 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's a good show.

I was just more referring to your post being trivial nonsense and his actually stating a problem with Wikipedia.

But good show.
Wikipedia does contradict itself. Something that contradicts itself is a problem, yes?

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 10:57 AM
Bardock42

Wikipedia does contradict itself. Something that contradicts itself is a problem, yes?
You said "Wikipedia is wrong because it contradicts itself"

That's an immensely stupid thing to say.

Because if it contradicts itself wouldn't one side of the contradictions be likely right?

It might be an unreliable source because it contradicts itself (it doesn't always btw), but you do see that it can and is correct in many cases.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 11:01 AM
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

You said "Wikipedia is wrong because it contradicts itself"
Replace wrong with unreliable. Since you don't understand what I meant by wrong.

That's an immensely stupid thing to say.
Depends what I mean by wrong, obviously.

Because if it contradicts itself wouldn't one side of the contradictions be likely right?
Well, no. 2 + 2 = 5. 2 + 2 = 1. Both are contradictions, both are wrong.

It might be an unreliable source because it contradicts itself (it doesn't always btw), but you do see that it can and is correct in many cases.
I don't understand what you're trying to say here.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 11:17 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why do people feel they can say one entirely different word to another and then act like they meant the other?

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 11:26 AM
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why do people feel they can say one entirely different word to another and then act like they meant the other?

-AC
I said wrong as in not good. Unreliable is a better word, however, and I should have used it.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 11:29 AM
Kram3r

No, it's unreliable because any idiot could have posted it. An Australian could be the one who wrote the article on the American civil war. (Don't bother mentioning Kram3r.)

That wouldn't mean it's unreliable. I know a lot of information about the American Civil War as I studied it in Modern History. I could also back it up as well. It's not reliable because, as mentioned above, and you have stated, any one can edit it.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 11:35 AM
Kram3r is currently offline Click here to Send Kram3r a Private Message Find more posts by Kram3r Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote