KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » is killing animals alright?{vegetarianism/buddhism etc}

is killing animals alright?{vegetarianism/buddhism etc}
Started by: leonheartmm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonheartmm

is killing animals alright?{vegetarianism/buddhism etc}

simple. most people end up killing a lot of animals, for eating meat, just killing because they might bite or be a nuisance or might creep you out{bugs} or just crush under our feet vbecause we cant be bothered. alternatively, people torture things like frogs an bugs out of sadistic cruelty n stuff.

animals and bugs, unlike plants do have higher brains. they are self aware, and have emotions. why is it ok to kill or hurt them? i do not understand. as far as food goes, i myself am not a vegetarian{due to circumstances} but am trying to become one. there is also the fact that many people enjoy hunting and thing of it as SPORT, and at the same time, many meat eaters/hunters etc, will find it very disturbing if sumthing taboo like a dog or cat is killed? rent these double standards?

i do not deny that as biological organisms, we were meant to eat both meat and veggies, but as humans with the ability to think, is it really ok to kill animals just to satisfy our taste buds? or simply because we do not consider them worthy of being on the same level as us? or because we can not be bothered?

what are your views, relegious/personal etc.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 04:19 PM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean
Warum ist die Sonne rund?

I'm not exactly fond of the idea of the killing of animals but shit, I've been eating meat ever since I was a toddler and have grown up on it and there's really no stopping it now. I don't see the point in anyone being a vegan or a vegetarian anyway (sorry if that's offensive) considering there will always be meat eaters in the world and someone changing themselves for animals doesn't do any good because they will STILL continue to get slaughtered anyway.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 04:41 PM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: is killing animals alright?{vegetarianism/buddhism etc}

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonheartmm
simple. most people end up killing a lot of animals, for eating meat, just killing because they might bite or be a nuisance or might creep you out{bugs} or just crush under our feet vbecause we cant be bothered. alternatively, people torture things like frogs an bugs out of sadistic cruelty n stuff.

animals and bugs, unlike plants do have higher brains. they are self aware, and have emotions. why is it ok to kill or hurt them? i do not understand. as far as food goes, i myself am not a vegetarian{due to circumstances} but am trying to become one. there is also the fact that many people enjoy hunting and thing of it as SPORT, and at the same time, many meat eaters/hunters etc, will find it very disturbing if sumthing taboo like a dog or cat is killed? rent these double standards?

i do not deny that as biological organisms, we were meant to eat both meat and veggies, but as humans with the ability to think, is it really ok to kill animals just to satisfy our taste buds? or simply because we do not consider them worthy of being on the same level as us? or because we can not be bothered?

I don't believe in sport hunting, killing an animal just to have its head as a trophy, just sounds stupid to me.

Some hunting is needed though, in places where natural predators have been killed off, hunting is necessary as a means to insure animal populations don't over populate and then face starvation.

I don't think people (the majority) JUST eat meat to "satisfy their taste buds". Also, not everyone can be a vegetarian or has the means to eat a balanced vegetarian diet.

I think eating meat is part of a healthy and balanced diet, thats why I eat it.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Oct 10th, 2007 at 04:54 PM

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 04:46 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Originally posted by Kelly_Bean
I don't see the point in anyone being a vegan or a vegetarian anyway (sorry if that's offensive) considering there will always be meat eaters in the world and someone changing themselves for animals doesn't do any good because they will STILL continue to get slaughtered anyway.

Why bother doing anything then?

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 04:53 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

I believe if its needed for food, i dont care if they kill it

but torture, i am against

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 05:04 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thats a lot of different directions for a thread to travel.

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 05:31 PM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

If you don't eat them...they will eat you.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 05:41 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
If you don't eat them...they will eat you.

I love this statement...

In the end.. wont we all end up eating eachother?

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 05:53 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Forever*Alone~
Empress

hunting is fun...

we dont only kill the animal just for a trophy, we eat the meat too, mmmmmm, bear jerky :P

does this work?

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 06:08 PM
~Forever*Alone~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Forever*Alone~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Forever*Alone~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Originally posted by ~Forever*Alone~
hunting is fun...

we dont only kill the animal just for a trophy, we eat the meat too, mmmmmm, bear jerky :P

As long as its for food, its ok

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 06:13 PM
debbiejo
Dreamer

Don't eat the widdle animals. sad

On a side note, there is this yogi that believes that when you die you come back as an animal and go eat the people that did you wrong.... blink

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 06:29 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by debbiejo

On a side note, there is this yogi that believes that when you die you come back as an animal and go eat the people that did you wrong.... blink

Something tells me the 'animal killing/eating humans' to 'humans doing wrong to other humans' is far favored to the latter, i.e. 1 to 1,000,000 ratio. So...

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 06:38 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

grain harvesters kill rodents during the harvesting of wheat

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 06:47 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by debbiejo

Sounds like souls-switching to me. The only question is, do you want to be a black bear or a brown bear. Talk about options.

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 07:06 PM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Originally posted by Devil King
Sounds like souls-switching to me.

She's reverted to being the site's idiot now the spot has come back up for grabs.

Get her!

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 07:08 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Suffering is the problem. Death is natural, and the need to eat is also natural.

I personally try not to kill anything, but I am not a vegetarian. However, causing suffering is even worse then killing. So, if I do step on something, I hope that it does not suffer.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 07:10 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Why bother doing anything then?

Doing what? I'm not doing anything.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 07:19 PM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Why is it usually girls who fail to understand points so spectacularly?

Could be a thread in that.

What is the point of avoiding anything that will still happen regardless of whether you do it?

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 07:27 PM
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Kelly_Bean
Doing what? I'm not doing anything.

Brilliant.

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 07:28 PM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

It's not my fault he's Alpha Centauri's second account and the moderators still continue to let him roam the forums..

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 07:35 PM