KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Man Cures Himself of HIV

Man Cures Himself of HIV
Started by: SpearofDestiny

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LatinoStallion
Perfection

Warning Man Cures Himself of HIV

I have told myself to take a break from KMC, but I stumbled upon articles which I couldn't keep to myself. HIV/AIDS is a worry which not only runs through my mind often, but the minds of so many other people.

In Britain, there is a man who tested positive for HIV in 2002, but a year later tested negative. What this means is that he beat HIV. He cured himself. Is this possible ?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/ne...ticle589783.ece

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegra...5001021,00.html

http://science.slashdot.org/science...d=99&tid=14

What do you guys think ?

I have also read stories of a few people in other parts of the world who have beaten HIV through a series of herbal intake.

http://www.aidscureherbal.com/

I then found another interesting article, about a possible vaccine for the HIV virus.

http://www.webmd.com/hiv-aids/news/...ccine-stops-hiv

Again, what do you guys think ? We all know there are plenty of people living with HIV, who still live healthy lives, and keep the virus under control.

But do you beleive that there are actually people out there who have been cured of the virus ???

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 05:56 PM
LatinoStallion is currently offline Click here to Send LatinoStallion a Private Message Find more posts by LatinoStallion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
McLovin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Possible lab error.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 05:59 PM
McLovin is currently offline Click here to Send McLovin a Private Message Find more posts by McLovin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Secretus
Possible lab error.

For years at a time?

I'm actually not sure what to say. I'm leary of idea that a virus just went away. But, I also hope it's true. Good for this guy and hopefully it will shed a little more light on the epidemic.

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 06:03 PM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

Originally posted by Secretus
Possible lab error.

Yeah, was probably a false positive for the first test..

Or it could be a false negative 2nd time around..

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 06:10 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

I'm most likely to agree that it was a error on the labs part. HOWEVER....

If it IS true, we should grab the guy as soon as possible. Take as many samples and check him out for as long as necessary to find out HOW he cured himself and then develop a way to synthesise it.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 06:39 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by grey fox
I'm most likely to agree that it was a error on the labs part. HOWEVER....

If it IS true, we should grab the guy as soon as possible. Take as many samples and check him out for as long as necessary to find out HOW he cured himself and then develop a way to synthesise it.

They are, the story said he's been asked to go back for further testing/study.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 06:41 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

We' re more than two years later now, and Andrew Stimpson faded back into obscurity.

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 06:45 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Storm
We' re more than two years later now, and Andrew Stimpson faded back into obscurity.

So, did he fade back into obscurity with AIDs or without AIDs?

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 07:08 PM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

This thread was posted ages and ages ago.

Nothing ever seemed to come of it.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 07:09 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wait, you guys are confusing me. The thread is old or the story is old? Because the thread appears to have been started today.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 07:10 PM
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

The story.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 07:11 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

So, all these years later, we don't know if he still has it or not, right?

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 07:12 PM
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Someone does presumably, but I have never seen the story resurface.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 07:18 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Re: Man Cures Himself of HIV

Originally posted by SpearofDestiny
I have told myself to take a break from KMC, but I stumbled upon articles which I couldn't keep to myself. HIV/AIDS is a worry which not only runs through my mind often, but the minds of so many other people.

In Britain, there is a man who tested positive for HIV in 2002, but a year later tested negative. What this means is that he beat HIV. He cured himself. Is this possible ?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/ne...ticle589783.ece

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegra...5001021,00.html

http://science.slashdot.org/science...d=99&tid=14

What do you guys think ?

I have also read stories of a few people in other parts of the world who have beaten HIV through a series of herbal intake.

I then found another interesting article, about a possible vaccine for the HIV virus.

http://www.webmd.com/hiv-aids/news/...ccine-stops-hiv

Again, what do you guys think ? We all know there are plenty of people living with HIV, who still live healthy lives, and keep the virus under control.

But do you beleive that there are actually people out there who have been cured of the virus ???

If this is really, truly fact, then this man and the people that cured him better make 65million vaccines to cure those people.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 07:30 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

These are fake, imo.

Much like Iran, who declared that their ancient Islamic medicine can cure aids.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 07:36 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

I expected actual evidence, not this! It starts out with you not realising the possibilty of a faulty test, then after the shock of that, one realises the year is 2002. Surely something as great as this would've made the news, or covered up and ranted on by conspiracy nuts.

Also, you make gay jokes in a thread about Jesus, but not in a thread about HIV? That, like Chewbacca, does NOT make sense.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 09:47 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LatinoStallion
Perfection

Okay, how the hell could it be a possible lab error ?

HIV tests work by discovering the presence of HIV antibodies within the bloodstream. The test can only come positive if there is a response within the body to the virus.

Unless the doctors were really that stupid that they confused an ordinary blood cell with an HIV antibody.

I really hope it is true, because honestly, so many people are dying needlessly just as a result of having sex. Protected or unprotected, gay or straight, monogamous or promiscuous, married or single.

I have heard stories about people in certain parts of the world who acquired HIV and no longer have it (or atleast the symptons were completely gone, and the virus has had no effect on the body-remember though, HIV virus can stay dormant for over a decade).

But then agian, I don't know, it's just my wishful thinking.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 10:15 PM
LatinoStallion is currently offline Click here to Send LatinoStallion a Private Message Find more posts by LatinoStallion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LatinoStallion
Perfection

Just keep in mind...ofcourse we know what a horrible disease AIDS is, but there are a lot of people who look, feel, and are actually healthy, despite having the HIV virus. Life for those with HIV/AIDS is definately an improvement to what it was once decades ago.

I do not find the idea of HIV being eradicated in one's body completely far-fetched.

It's just the Irony of the Virus though: It's fragile as hell. It dies in the air within one minute. It dies in saliva, because of the enzymes which break it down, and it also cannot survive in urine or stomach acid.

However, once it reaches the bloodstream, it's a safehaven. The Virus may be weak, but it's intelligent as hell. The virus keeps changing in an effort to out do the Immune System, while at the same time, destroying it.

On top of that, it messes around with a cell's genetic code, implanting itself into the cell. That's the danger, because even if you destroy the active viruses, there are still plenty of dormant viral codes within the genetic structure of the cells it targetted.

Ugghh.....

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 10:19 PM
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wishful thinking clouds your rationality. Oh, and you not expecting a lab error? Man, that's really dumb, you know that?

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 10:20 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LatinoStallion
Perfection

Do you know how HIV tests are taken ?

The only way there can be a Lab Error is if the doctor's looked at someone else's blood. Which they have not.

You can't have a "fake HIV antibody" in someone's blood. They either have the HIV antibody, or they don't.

The only error that can occur is if someone is tested negative, and then later found out to be positive, because the antibody wasn't created yet.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 10:22 PM