KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » What are your thoughts on downloading copyrighted stuff?

What are your thoughts on downloading copyrighted stuff?
Started by: Dexter_Morgan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dexter_Morgan
Restricted

Account Restricted

What are your thoughts on downloading copyrighted stuff?

Thoughts?

Old Post Oct 17th, 2007 11:15 PM
Dexter_Morgan is currently offline Click here to Send Dexter_Morgan a Private Message Find more posts by Dexter_Morgan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

i download every chance i get. if i like the albums that i download, i go out and purchase them. if i dont like the albums, i just delete them.

i just listened to the advance copy of CunninLynguists- Dirty Acres. Incredible album. I'll buy it when it comes out.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2007 11:18 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Healing Artisan
i download every chance i get. if i like the albums that i download, i go out and purchase them. if i dont like the albums, i just delete them.

i just listened to the advance copy of CunninLynguists- Dirty Acres. Incredible album. I'll buy it when it comes out.

If everyone did it that way...I don't think there would problem. Hardly anyone does it that way, so there is a problem.

If I was an artist, this is how I would want my fans to buy my stuff...here it first and then purchase it IF they liked it. You can get samples of songs at a few stores like FYE. (However, a sample isn't good enough, I would like to listen to a whole song first...)

Old Post Oct 17th, 2007 11:29 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

I don't see anything wrong with it.It is stealing and if the person gets caught well that person will know better.I would not do it myself but that is me.jm smile

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 02:34 AM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's factually equal to robbing from a store, and anyone who says differently just because it's significantly less possible to get caught, is dumb.

The adage of "I can't afford music/movies/anything copyrighted." is bs also.

The easier it is made to legally own things, the more people try to weasel. If only I had the power I'd slap some kind of legal penalty on every one of them.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 02:58 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Downloading Songs is mainstream and a part of life and it's socially accepted.

Of course I refuse to download any of my Utada Hikaru's music. Anyone who does any different should be shot. (Just joking.......but not really)

I own all of her Albums.

Bliss.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 03:27 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selphie
you teasing like you do

That's one cool thing about underground music. Bands tend to make their shit downloadable, and they're happy that someone is actually listening to it, and passing it around. So in that type of situation, yes, I'd download it.

However, when it comes to mainstream, why bother?

riding high on love's true bluish light

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 03:34 AM
Selphie is currently offline Click here to Send Selphie a Private Message Find more posts by Selphie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

I download a lot of stuff. I know it's stealing, but I don't really care. Though I will buy CDs for my favourite bands and I'll also buy my favourite films.

I'd rob a shop if I could get away with, I'd rob a bank and I do download.

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 03:41 AM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Originally posted by SelphieT
That's one cool thing about underground music. Bands tend to make their shit downloadable, and they're happy that someone is actually listening to it, and passing it around. So in that type of situation, yes, I'd download it.

However, when it comes to mainstream, why bother?
what do you mean why bother?

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 03:45 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grinning Goku

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
It's factually equal to robbing from a store, and anyone who says differently just because it's significantly less possible to get caught, is dumb.

The easier it is made to legally own things, the more people try to weasel. If only I had the power I'd slap some kind of legal penalty on every one of them.

-AC

Is it lonely up there on your pedestal?

PSN handle: B_B_Kang

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 03:57 AM
Grinning Goku is currently offline Click here to Send Grinning Goku a Private Message Find more posts by Grinning Goku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by InnerRise
Downloading Songs is mainstream and a part of life and it's socially accepted.

Yeah, and the next thing you know, people will be fu*king animals. Where do we draw the line?!!!

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 04:35 AM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Devil King
Yeah, and the next thing you know, people will be fu*king animals. Where do we draw the line?!!!
Umm....hate to break it to you playa but people are already doing that.

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 05:19 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

whats with the Anata wa wakarimasu ka?

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 05:26 AM
Leo.M
A Riddle

I don't care.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 05:29 AM
Leo.M is currently offline Click here to Send Leo.M a Private Message Find more posts by Leo.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by InnerRise
Umm....hate to break it to you playa but people are already doing that.

WHAT!

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 05:33 AM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

-AC

Nah.

It's a victimless crime, like punching someone in the dark.

Last edited by BackFire on Oct 18th, 2007 at 06:01 AM

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 05:55 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Grinning Goku
Is it lonely up there on your pedestal?

WOW! You brought roflcakes to the party!!! Thanks man!!! big grin

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 06:22 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

-AC

what are we playing 'count the fallacies'?

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 06:27 AM
Schecter is currently offline Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Ooo.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 09:35 AM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Aaa

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 09:58 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote