KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » iPod to PC Transfer Review

iPod to PC Transfer Review
Started by: rainman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
rainman

iPod to PC Transfer Review

Managing an iPod is easy, assuming you only use one computer. Apple built iTunes to not include features that would let you copy music from your iPod to another computer. They did this to ease music industry concerns about copyright infringement and unauthorized sharing of music via the iPod. But, if you buy a new computer, the easiest and fastest way to transfer your iTunes library to the new machine is to copy your iPod library. Also, you might want a backup of your iPod library in case your computer's hard drive is damaged.
After plug in the iPod, wait for iTunes to open, and transfer songs to and from the iPod at your leisure. Simple, what if you have a few computers you listen to music on? What if you have a computer, not only at home, but one at work, and perhaps you also listen to music when visiting relatives, what then?
For me, when I visit my new computer, iTunes has this built-in desire to take over whichever iPod is plugged in, and happily offers to delete every song on my iPod and sync its blank music library. That is definitely not what I want to do.
So why even get third-party software when you get a full version of iTunes for free with the iPod? After trying iPod to PC Transfer, I would ask why wouldn't you use it over iTunes.
iPod to PC Transfer is a one-trick pony as far as software goes. The goal this program has is to allow you to transfer music from your iPod to a computer, backup, restore your iPod to computer, edit and create playlist on iPod. This program can read the iTunes library of any computer you've attached your iPod, it can copy songs to the iTunes library, or simply to the computer's hard drive.
iPod to PC Transfer was able to take the music, podcast from my iPod and copy it to my selected destination on my computer. It worked flawlessly. I just highlighted the songs I wanted to transfer, clicked the "Add to disc" button, and watched it immediately go to work.
At the moment, for what it is attempting to do, iPod to PC Transfer is nearly perfect. If you own an iPod I strongly suggest you try out this program. It will add several useful features to your iPod and streamline transfers. The list of features is excellent and the implementation of these features is almost perfect. The iPod Rip also can trans and copy movie to iPhone, there's really no reason not to use it.
Recommended without reservation.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2007 01:37 AM
rainman is currently offline Click here to Send rainman a Private Message Find more posts by rainman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Leo.M
A Riddle

no expression

Old Post Oct 25th, 2007 08:02 AM
Leo.M is currently offline Click here to Send Leo.M a Private Message Find more posts by Leo.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Itunes is dummy proof but it sucks that you cant share your music through other itun programs. The other kick in the nuts with itunes is that you can only burn ten cd's from purchased music. It is obvious why there is such restrictions but it still blows.

Im not sure what this new software is offering that my current itunes doesnt offer. How can i upload new music from my ipod to my itunes if the only way to get music on my ipod is from copying cd's or buying music through itunes?
I guess being able to transfer the music files on my ipod to my computer hardrive is a new feature, but what point does that serve? It is already easy as 123 to back up my itunes library. It has already been an easy process transfering my itunes to a new computer. So maybe im not consuming the features listed properly, but what is so special about this?

Old Post Oct 25th, 2007 09:35 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rainman

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Itunes is dummy proof but it sucks that you cant share your music through other itun programs. The other kick in the nuts with itunes is that you can only burn ten cd's from purchased music. It is obvious why there is such restrictions but it still blows.

Im not sure what this new software is offering that my current itunes doesnt offer. How can i upload new music from my ipod to my itunes if the only way to get music on my ipod is from copying cd's or buying music through itunes?
I guess being able to transfer the music files on my ipod to my computer hardrive is a new feature, but what point does that serve? It is already easy as 123 to back up my itunes library. It has already been an easy process transfering my itunes to a new computer. So maybe im not consuming the features listed properly, but what is so special about this?

hi,man. iTunes can't transfer your music files to PC directly, can't transfer between 2 iPod, cant support iPhone, but iPod to PC can do this.
If you don't believe this, you can have a free try, here is the linlk
mp4converter.net/ipod-to-pc-transfer.html
keep in touch with me

Old Post Oct 26th, 2007 02:23 AM
rainman is currently offline Click here to Send rainman a Private Message Find more posts by rainman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by rainman
hi,man. iTunes can't transfer your music files to PC directly, can't transfer between 2 iPod, cant support iPhone, but iPod to PC can do this.
If you don't believe this, you can have a free try, here is the linlk
mp4converter.net/ipod-to-pc-transfer.html
keep in touch with me

Ok, i see what your talking about now. I operate with a Mac so the only new function that may benefit me would be the ipod to ipod transfer. I must ask though, what exactly do you mean by ipod to ipod transfer? Transfering my data from an old ipod to a newer one or transfering data to friends ipod as in sharing? I know that each ipod and itunes program is personalised with some type of identification prohibiting files sharing with friends. It would be incredible if apple has decided to change this

Old Post Oct 26th, 2007 11:16 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rainman

Ok, i see what your talking about now. I operate with a Mac so the only new function that may benefit me would be the ipod to ipod transfer. I must ask though, what exactly do you mean by ipod to ipod transfer? Transfering my data from an old ipod to a newer one or transfering data to friends ipod as in sharing? I know that each ipod and itunes program is personalised with some type of identification prohibiting files sharing with friends. It would be incredible if apple has decided to change this

ok,man.
with the software, you can also transfer data from an old ipod to a new one, but also you can share data with your friends.
iTunes can't let you and your friends sharing the different content, but this software can.
Apple will not change this as they earn money from this, or that iPod becomes free.
Clear?

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 08:28 AM
Bardock42

ok,man.
with the software, you can also transfer data from an old ipod to a new one, but also you can share data with your friends.
iTunes can't let you and your friends sharing the different content, but this software can.
Apple will not change this as they earn money from this, or that iPod becomes free.
Clear?
It might be more clear if you would use something professionals came to know as "coherent thoughts".

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 11:28 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

ok,man.
Clear?

think i got it. You can now transfer data from old ipods to newly purchased ipods.This isnt something new. You were always able to transfer your itunes data to new ipods. Offering an option which allows me to transfer my data from ipod to ipod rather than itunes to ipod is less than worth purchasing.
Im still lost on file sharing though.

The new software would allow me to share unpurchased content with friends?

If so, that would be incredible. Itunes is a nazi. WTF is up with only being able to burn ten cd's worth of purchased music and not being able to send purchased music to friends online or share them with other itune users? I know this is obviously to detur pirating and to ensure a profitable business, but i paid for it. Its mine god damn it. If i didnt like mac's so much, i would boycott NAZI itunes.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 07:20 PM
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by Bardock42
It might be more clear if you would use something professionals came to know as "coherent thoughts".

I can feel the burn from here eek!

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 07:21 PM
rainman

I can feel the burn from here eek!

hi, confimly you can share unpurchased content with your friends, that's what im want to talk.
you may transfer music files from desk to your iPod directly, and the music files can be unpurchased.
now ,clear?

Old Post Nov 15th, 2007 05:37 AM