KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » NASA could miss killer asteriod heading for earth

NASA could miss killer asteriod heading for earth
Started by: Cheesebits

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Cheesebits

NASA could miss killer asteriod heading for earth

Look up: ::NASA pressed to avert catastrophic Deep Impact ::

Scared of nukes? Forget about it. Think asteriod 1950 DC

Old Post Nov 9th, 2007 07:09 PM
Cheesebits is currently offline Click here to Send Cheesebits a Private Message Find more posts by Cheesebits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: NASA could miss killer asteriod heading for earth

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Cheesebits

How lazy have you become now, ya fat bastard, that you can't provide the link?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Nov 9th, 2007 at 07:25 PM

Old Post Nov 9th, 2007 07:20 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pandemoniac
Disco Infernal

Doesn't matter. We're only able to survey about 10 percent of our part of the universe effectively in a time-span of several years. There might be a comet coming down on us from a dead angle right now.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2007 07:28 PM
Pandemoniac is currently offline Click here to Send Pandemoniac a Private Message Find more posts by Pandemoniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Captain King
Jim Profit

(please log in to view the image)
It's The Flood!!!

Old Post Nov 9th, 2007 07:39 PM
Captain King is currently offline Click here to Send Captain King a Private Message Find more posts by Captain King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

realistically speaking, we should have about 20+ years of warning for anything large enough to cause global catastrophe.

however, it is possible that we missed something, or that our radar technology is just flawed.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2007 08:00 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by inimalist
realistically speaking, we should have about 20+ years of warning for anything large enough to cause global catastrophe.

however, it is possible that we missed something, or that our radar technology is just flawed.

I think we are very safe from asteroids. All we have to do is convince cheesbits that the asteroid is just a giant cheesepuff, made just for him by Frito-Lay.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2007 08:10 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

WOOOOOOt!!!!!!

In your face you Nostradamus skeptics!!!

Millions and Millions could die to just prove the man was right about our doom!

W00t!-w00t!

Old Post Nov 10th, 2007 12:05 AM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Whether NASA is aware of an asteroid headed for Earth or not, it doesnt matter. Superman exists inly in comic books. There is ABSOLUTELY nothing we could do to divert or stop the impending asteroid from crashing into Earth. We like to think we could, but we are wrong.

I would rather not know that an Asteroid is about to crash into Earth. It would be better to live out the rest of my days typically, rather than shitting my pants putting my hope into a giant ANTI asteroid ray guns.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2007 02:11 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
anaconda
Jukebox

quote:
There is ABSOLUTELY nothing we could do to divert or stop the impending asteroid from crashing into Earth. We like to think we could, but we are wrong.
oh we find a way

never argue with an idiot, they only drag you down to their level and beat you by experience

Old Post Nov 10th, 2007 02:22 AM
anaconda is currently offline Click here to Send anaconda a Private Message Find more posts by anaconda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by anaconda
oh we find a way
We'll just send Bruce Willis and Kurt Russel up there.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2007 03:31 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
anaconda
Jukebox

yeah they are big headed enought to put it astray

never argue with an idiot, they only drag you down to their level and beat you by experience

Old Post Nov 10th, 2007 03:40 AM
anaconda is currently offline Click here to Send anaconda a Private Message Find more posts by anaconda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Whether NASA is aware of an asteroid headed for Earth or not, it doesnt matter. Superman exists inly in comic books. There is ABSOLUTELY nothing we could do to divert or stop the impending asteroid from crashing into Earth. We like to think we could, but we are wrong.

I would rather not know that an Asteroid is about to crash into Earth. It would be better to live out the rest of my days typically, rather than shitting my pants putting my hope into a giant ANTI asteroid ray guns.

Yeah...man, that wouldn't be a very pleasant 20 years if you spent the whole time shitting your pants.

If you could shit your pants for 20 years, maybe you could put that super power to use by using it to destroy the asteroid? confused

Super man would have nothing on you then. wink

Old Post Nov 10th, 2007 06:55 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NASA
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dont worry i wont let you guys down stick out tongue

Last night, me & my son Shane proved that who ever it was that said you cannot fool all of the people, all of the time - WAS A DAMN FOOL! - Vinnie Mac

Old Post Nov 10th, 2007 04:16 PM
NASA is currently offline Click here to Send NASA a Private Message Find more posts by NASA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

*Does Count Floyd impersonation*
"Oooo....scary stuff, eh kids?" stick out tongue

BTW: It's 1950 DA. wink

BTW2: Scientists have predicted that, even with deviations from its present course, 1950 DA would only reach Earth sometime within the next eight hundred years (long after our deaths) and that it would only have a 1-in-300 chance to make impact. Barring any asteroids that we cannot find/see, 1950 DA is stated to be the greatest threat to the global community of the Earth. wink

BTW3: Like everyone else has said - don't worry about it! There'd be nothing you could do to stop it, so just live your life. wink

Last edited by The Rover on Nov 10th, 2007 at 05:25 PM

Old Post Nov 10th, 2007 05:18 PM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by dadudemon
Yeah...man, that wouldn't be a very pleasant 20 years if you spent the whole time shitting your pants.

If you could shit your pants for 20 years, maybe you could put that super power to use by using it to destroy the asteroid? confused

Super man would have nothing on you then. wink

Actually, you know what? There are few things as satisfying as a good bowel movement. I retract my previous statement. I would welcome new enducing twenty years of good bowel movements. That would be a life fulfilled for me. I dont know anything about rocketry or astrology, so there would be absolutely nothing i could do with the news other than shit my pants. I doubt there is much anyone could do with the chaotic news. Our fates would still lay in the hands of the people whom discovered that the asteroid is heading towards us. So, other than having good bowel movements...,how wouild knowing benefit me?

Old Post Nov 11th, 2007 02:06 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

20 years with the impending doom of the planet...

I think we could do it...

GO MAN!!!!!!

Old Post Nov 11th, 2007 02:42 AM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

NASA could miss killer asteroid heading for Earth

DUH. We've known this since we've had a space age.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Nov 11th, 2007 03:36 PM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Actually, you know what? There are few things as satisfying as a good bowel movement. I retract my previous statement. I would welcome new enducing twenty years of good bowel movements. That would be a life fulfilled for me. I dont know anything about rocketry or astrology, so there would be absolutely nothing i could do with the news other than shit my pants. I doubt there is much anyone could do with the chaotic news. Our fates would still lay in the hands of the people whom discovered that the asteroid is heading towards us. So, other than having good bowel movements...,how wouild knowing benefit me?

laughing

Dude, you just went up 5 points on the dadudemon "coolness scale".

but anyway, yeah, I agree, someone could either shit themselves and worry themselves to death, or try to make the best of the 20 years. (Main' babies, earnin' degrees, etc.)

Old Post Nov 12th, 2007 07:03 AM
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by dadudemon
laughing

Dude, you just went up 5 points on the dadudemon "coolness scale".

but anyway, yeah, I agree, someone could either shit themselves and worry themselves to death, or try to make the best of the 20 years. (Main' babies, earnin' degrees, etc.)

Holy crap...5 points. This is going to be a good week.

How evil would that be to make babies knowing an asteroid is going to destroy humanity in a few years laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 12th, 2007 07:29 AM
silver_tears

It would be better to live out the rest of my days typically, rather than shitting my pants putting my hope into a giant ANTI asteroid ray guns.

Why the heck would you like to live out your life doing mediocre everyday things, wouldn't you rather do special things before you die? confused

Old Post Nov 12th, 2007 09:22 AM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote