KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » The Iran War

The Iran War
Started by: lord xyz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Iran War

The Iraq Iran war, is coming soon... and it's the same as before.

Lets not forget, Dick Cheney of all people wants a war with Iran. AND the Secratary of Defense is a former CIA director during the George H. W. Bush administration...another former CIA director. And remember, the CIA told us there was absolute evidence of WMD and links with AlQaeda in Iraq...and now Iran!

The question is, when? This year? Next year? When Hillary's president?

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 04:39 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

are you saying that the current state of Iran is equivellent in any way to the state of Iraq in 2003 pre invasion?

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 05:22 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

highly unlikely...Iran has perhaps the most pro-US populations in the middle east in terms of itss younger generations. it is highly unlikely to start a military campaign for that reason...not to mention the fact that the US military is already at the point of being stretched to a ridiculously thin level that there is no way another front is feasible.

while i believe from what friends have told me who are serving in Iraq. i DO think that elements within Iran are supplying and aiding insurrgents in Iraq that is attributing to the deaths of ally troops. is is this in itself a justification?...or is it merely factions within Iran rather then a policy set down by the government

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 05:25 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by inimalist
are you saying that the current state of Iran is equivellent in any way to the state of Iraq in 2003 pre invasion?
No, that the US will invade is repeating Iraq.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 06:07 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

I've never seen a post of yours, that hasn't been edited.

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 06:18 PM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

Originally posted by chillmeistergen

He probably lets out his anger then removes the nasty comments afterwards, thats what I do anyway laughing

Isnīt the fact the the youth there are pro American a good reason to invade, or in some way bring about regime change. With that much support it would be easier to build up after the "take over".

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 06:24 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Are you talking about me? Because if you are, the post above yours isn't edited.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 06:54 PM
jinXed by JaNx

The American military doesnt have the resources to engage in such a grand war. The Army struggles with keeping enough troops rooted in Iraq. Congress as a majority highly opposes any military confrontation with Iran at this point. Although, im sure America will be at war with Iran one day. unless, America Is directly attacked bt Iran, this war is far off.

With that said, certain presidential candidates have obligations and persoanl interests with Israel. Look out for these candidates being elected and a draft as warning signs.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 07:09 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by lord xyz
Are you talking about me? Because if you are, the post above yours isn't edited.

yes it is, as well as this quoted post.

however it says it was edited on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00 AM.
whats really weird is it only happens with your posts.

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 07:12 PM
Schecter is currently offline Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Because he wrote it in his signature, you morons.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 07:29 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

"Check out the big brain on Brad."

As far as the Iran war, I don't think it'll happen in a conventional means, sure, there might be a few missiles launched to take out Iran's (supposed) nuclear plants, maybe a few covert operations here and there, Israel might take an active role, but America won't be going in on another war like Iraq.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Nov 13th, 2007 at 07:35 PM

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 07:32 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jaden101
highly unlikely...Iran has perhaps the most pro-US populations in the middle east in terms of itss younger generations.

Given the logic displayed by the military industrial complex, I wouldn't call that a reason not to invade; rather a major reason to invade. At the end of the first Gulf war, the US didn't invade Bahgdad because they felt that Saddam was a figure of stability. Not too long after that, the Bush the First administration asked the people of Iraq to "stand up". (sounds familiar) But, the reason they didn't, was because the US left Saddam in power. They were scared of Saddam. The US would have poured weapons into teh country to aide any resistance (freedom) fighters. But, what good would guns have done against fear? So, as they stood up, we backed out. Flash forward to this war, the US invaded and toppled the regime. Okay, fine. That done, the people want us out.

In it's vast ignorance, this administration will justify invasion or military air strikes by flaunting the desire for freedom shared by the youth of Iran. Even a number of Democratic candidates have not ruled out the possiblity of air strikes against Iran.

And as happened with Iraq, the first American jackboot to hit the sand of Iran, given what they've seen us do to Iraq, the people of Iran will stand up...against us.

As Roosevelt said: "Freedom can not be bestowed, it must be acheived."

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Last edited by Devil King on Nov 13th, 2007 at 07:40 PM

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 07:38 PM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bardock42
Because he wrote it in his signature, you morons.

Yeah, I know.

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 07:39 PM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Yeah, I know.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 07:40 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I'm still waiting for the draft that suppose to taken place in 2007-2008. So what happen?

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 07:48 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I'm still waiting for the draft that suppose to taken place in 2007-2008. So what happen?

According to Central Iintelligence, right now you're in the middle of a minefield.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 07:49 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Originally posted by botankus
According to Central Iintelligence, right now you're in the middle of a minefield.

laughing out loud

Props to you. That's a good one.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 07:50 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Re: The Iran War

Originally posted by lord xyz
The Iraq Iran war, is coming soon... and it's the same as before...

No, the Iran war started in 1979.

Last edited by Shakyamunison on Nov 13th, 2007 at 08:05 PM

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 07:51 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quiero Mota

Originally posted by Devil King

And as happened with Iraq, the first American jackboot to hit the sand of Iran, given what they've seen us do to Iraq, the people of Iran will stand up...against us.

Now imagine the hell on the homefront that would cause. Even if the govt. found a legitimate reason to invade Iran, the American people wouldn't buy it because they were so alienated by bullshit reasons for this one.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 07:57 PM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Now imagine the hell on the homefront that would cause. Even if the govt. found a legitimate reason to invade Iran, the American people wouldn't buy it because they were so alienated by bullshit reasons for this one.

I agree with you. But, look at the outrage we have over the invasion of Iraq, and it's subsequent fall out? It seems to have fallen on deaf ears. Even Hillary and Obama have said they doubt they could pull us out of Iraq by 2012.

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 08:02 PM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote