KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Has the increase in immigration lead to an increase in violent crime!

Has the increase in immigration lead to an increase in violent crime!
Started by: Mr. Ree

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mr. Ree
Restricted

Account Restricted

Has the increase in immigration lead to an increase in violent crime!

Id like to start this discussion by stating that i am not racist and using the old cliche that i do have several black and asian friends. Spending much of my time in Hong Kong how could I not?
It is though impossible not to notice that the responsibility for alot of britains increasing rate of violent crime seems to fall on the sholders of the black and asians communities. Some recent high profile cases could include; the murder of PC Sharon Besifnisky, the woman shot dead by teens at a christening whilst cradleing a baby, the murder and torture of Kris Donald in Glasgow and the recent spate of shootings in Peckham.
Have the increasing number of black and foreign immigrants to this country brought a new level of crime culture with them?
To claim asylum in Britain it apparently has to be proved that a persons life would be in great danger if the returned to or remained in their homelands. A result of this Britain takes in many people from war torn countries such as; Somalia, Sudan, Mozambique, iraq etc. Places were told where "life is cheap" and "life is run by the gun". People have think differently and be of a different mind-set to survive from day to day. When these asylum seekers enter Britain it is impossible to change the person they are and what theyve come from, so they enter Britain equipped with a different set of moral ethics and survival instincts.
Like many of the eastern european asylum seekers they find it can be very difficult to find employment so many seem to be drifting into working for gangs of organised criminals. This is the dangerous combination where people desperate for money can use their different survival instincts to assist gangs to commit crime. This results in the increasing rates of murder, violence and robbery we are seeing on the streets of Britain today.

I also belive many young black males have problems establishing a positive identity for themselves. There dosent seem to be any positive role models for a young black male to aspire to. Their culture seems to embrace people such as 50 cent (famous for surviving being shot 9 times), Tupac (iconic rapper/gangster killed in a drive by shooting), Dre/snoop dog etc (promoting violence, shootings etc). All these rappers seem to promote this ideal young black lifestyle which includes; hot women, flash cars, chunky expensive gold "bling", designer clothes etc. With black people on the whole not doing well in education your average young black male does not have the money or status to achieve such things they belive are part of this black culture. This is again the dangerous combination where people desperate for the style and status that gives them their black identity realise they dont have the means to fund it and turn to crime as theyve seen their not so positive role models profit from it. This results in increasing rates of; murders, robberies, drug gangs, turf wars and black on black shootings we are seeing on the streets of britain today.

I dont belive its a great coincidence that the rise in violent crime will mirror the rise in immigration. Maybe the media is unfair to black and asians in its coverage of violent crime issues giving greater attention to those committed by asylum seekers. Next time you read a newspaper article about a violent murder or robbery you can almost guarentee the mugshot next to the story will be a young black or asian male. almost a certainty in London. Also watch crimewatch uk next time its on and see how many cases involving white criminals there is compared to black/asian. This again could be an unfair media protrayl After all the peckham shootings though i was surprised that no politicians openly linked all the recent problems to the black community and highlighted it as a black problem. It does seem like a majority of this increase in violent crime is being commited by minority groups and no politician will put their finger on this for fear of being labeled as a stereotyping racist.

What do you think? Has the increase in immigration lead to an increase in violent crime or is it simply the media portrayl? Are white british males just as likley to commit violent crime as black african males? Should the black community take responsibility for young people in london turning to guns and knives for protection? How can we make the streets of Britain safer for everyone? Thankyou for reading any views or comments appriciated.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2007 11:05 PM
Mr. Ree is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Ree a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Ree Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Our current era is the least violent of all era's through out history. Immigration doesn't contribute to violence. It is the ignorance of individuals that does. People prefer to be surrounded by their own race. Or, atleast, the races they have become accustomed to. There will always be tension when people are forced to co-exist with a foreign race. It doesnt help much, when poor immigration laws allow for an illegal alien to reap the same benefits as a citizen.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2007 03:19 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RedAlertv2

hai Czarina

How Could Hell Be Any Worse?

Old Post Dec 8th, 2007 07:15 AM
RedAlertv2 is currently offline Click here to Send RedAlertv2 a Private Message Find more posts by RedAlertv2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RedAlertv2
hai Czarina
yes

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2007 10:32 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

immogrations isnt the problem, poverty/inacceptance/lack of education in the past and teh present it. that led to a culture of lawlessness/illogical rebellion/glorifying success gained through illegal means{as the lower classes have many more barriers to the ideaof succes than the upper classes} as socity idealises it, and the use of force to gain rights when u know that the world is unfair are the reasons for the establishment of a culture of violence/lawlessness/gangs/crime etc.

however id like to point out that the white collar crimes in the upper class are far more damaging socially and economically than blue collar crimes comitted by the lower clases. {by a factor of atleast 40x}. however, since white collar crimes are often victimless in their immediate implicatiosn and the fact that they ar eunder reported/underrecorded/under prosecuted due to stereotypes of criminal personalities, means that much more attention is payed to thefts/murders/street violence etc. also, these crimes are more immedietly recogniseable than say, stealing millions by loopholes etc.

so really its our perception that makes us think as such.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2007 02:43 PM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrCampion
Restricted

Account Restricted

let's not worry about immigrants causing crime. where i live it's the good old cacausian boys who commit the worse crimes and the good old boys in power who allow it or are too incompotent to stop it.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2007 06:37 PM
MrCampion is currently offline Click here to Send MrCampion a Private Message Find more posts by MrCampion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LatinoStallion
Perfection

I have noticed that propanda against Illegal Immigration has been causing negative perspective on the Hispanic population.

I have heard, especially in South American News (because U.S. News will not shed too much light on this issue), where Hispanics have been attacked for no reasons other than racial ones.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2007 07:55 PM
LatinoStallion is currently offline Click here to Send LatinoStallion a Private Message Find more posts by LatinoStallion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrCampion
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes it is a real problem that isn't going away.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2007 11:21 PM
MrCampion is currently offline Click here to Send MrCampion a Private Message Find more posts by MrCampion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tharg
Restricted

Account Restricted

I find this thread racist.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2007 06:35 PM
Tharg is currently offline Click here to Send Tharg a Private Message Find more posts by Tharg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
smashyou
Restricted

Account Restricted

its their fault

Old Post Dec 10th, 2007 06:37 PM
smashyou is currently offline Click here to Send smashyou a Private Message Find more posts by smashyou Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tharg
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by smashyou
its their fault

Who's they? Who's fault?

Old Post Dec 10th, 2007 06:39 PM
Tharg is currently offline Click here to Send Tharg a Private Message Find more posts by Tharg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoochyboochies

Originally posted by leonheartmm
immogrations isnt the problem, poverty/inacceptance/lack of education in the past and teh present it. that led to a culture of lawlessness/illogical rebellion/glorifying success gained through illegal means{as the lower classes have many more barriers to the ideaof succes than the upper classes} as socity idealises it, and the use of force to gain rights when u know that the world is unfair are the reasons for the establishment of a culture of violence/lawlessness/gangs/crime etc.

however id like to point out that the white collar crimes in the upper class are far more damaging socially and economically than blue collar crimes comitted by the lower clases. {by a factor of atleast 40x}. however, since white collar crimes are often victimless in their immediate implicatiosn and the fact that they ar eunder reported/underrecorded/under prosecuted due to stereotypes of criminal personalities, means that much more attention is payed to thefts/murders/street violence etc. also, these crimes are more immedietly recogniseable than say, stealing millions by loopholes etc.

so really its our perception that makes us think as such.

What a load of crap! Blue collar criminals are the ones who rob people and make the scared to walk streets and burgle people, making them scared in their own homes. They're the ones who plague our streets and fill them with drugs. They're the ones who waste the time of the Police dealing their petty squabbles, leaving people who really need them neglected. They're the ones who kill innocent bystanders during their callous shootouts. White collar criminals may be gaining more financially but the impact of "blue collar" crime has a far greater impact on peoples communities lives and communities. The environment you grow up in is no excuse, everyone has a choice and if you choose to rob/steal/kill, you are scum, regardless of your background, class, ethnicity. Unfortunately, in the Uk and especially London where I live, allowing so many foreigners in without strict work permit rules, mean that people who come here find themselves without jobs, living in poverty and resorting to crime. Its no excuse, but it's a reason and it IS a result of relaxed immigration laws by the government.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2007 06:54 PM
snoochyboochies is currently offline Click here to Send snoochyboochies a Private Message Find more posts by snoochyboochies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
smashyou
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Tharg
Who's they? Who's fault?
them

Old Post Dec 10th, 2007 06:59 PM
smashyou is currently offline Click here to Send smashyou a Private Message Find more posts by smashyou Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Originally posted by RedAlertv2
hai Czarina

On a related note, has that Cheesebits dingleberry been banned yet?

Old Post Dec 10th, 2007 08:41 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tharg
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by botankus
On a related note, has that Cheesebits dingleberry been banned yet?

What?

Old Post Dec 10th, 2007 08:54 PM
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Corrina's sock, just like every other ID in this forum.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2007 09:01 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tharg
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by botankus
Corrina's sock, just like every other ID in this forum.

O.K. Because I know this Mr. Ree is the sock of another.

Attachment: capture.jpg
This has been downloaded 63 time(s).

Old Post Dec 10th, 2007 09:05 PM
Bardock42

I wonder who else is one of those. Merry Christmas by the way.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2007 09:47 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tharg
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bardock42
I wonder who else is one of those. Merry Christmas by the way.

Who knows? This forum seems like the last few minutes of an episode of Scooby Do.

Merry Christmas to you as well.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2007 10:01 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Were did you get that picture? confused

Old Post Dec 10th, 2007 10:07 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote