KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Students Dress as VTech Victims; Lulz Ensue

Students Dress as VTech Victims; Lulz Ensue
Started by: Zeal Ex Nihilo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Students Dress as VTech Victims; Lulz Ensue

http://www.wsls.com/servlet/Satelli...63706&path=!news!localnews

quote:
It started with a picture on Facebook and has now created a firestorm of outrage.

Two Penn State students, dressed as Virginia Tech shooting victims, at a Halloween party have enraged people from the Virginia Tech community, as well as the entire country.

10 On Your Side has seen all of the controversial pictures. They are of two Penn State students and are extremely graphic. Both are wearing Virginia Tech t-shirts and elaborate make-up. Both have bullet holes in their bodies.

Our decision not to show you the pictures is a result of our desire to be sensitive to a community that is still grieving. We also want to show respect to the shooting victims, their families, and their friends. Showing these pictures would serve no purpose.

We talked with one of the students who wore the costume. He said the outfits were worn to a small party and meant to be private.

"It's not that it was funny, it's that we are notorious and infamous in the state college, so we have to do things that push the envelope just for shock value," he said.

Penn State officials were quick to respond to the costumes.

"We are appalled that these individuals would display this level of insensitivity, indifference, and lack of common decency and sense by dressing up in this manner," the school said.

"The fact that one of these individuals is actually from Virginia, makes it even more difficult to understand. Just because something is within the bounds of the Constitution and free speech, does not mean it should be undertaken. We certainly condemn these ugly and senseless actions. Most Penn Staters are as offended by this as anyone from Virginia Tech would be-- and rightfully so. These two people do not represent 90,000 Penn State students. They represent themselves."

After seeing the pictures, a Virginia Tech student created a Facebook group called, "People Against This Costume." Some of the upset members have left threatening messages to the Penn State students.

"This is a group of college students who now think it's trendy to be upset about their friends being killed," one of the two Penn State students who wore the costume said. "I don't know what they teach people in Virginia Tech, but at Penn State we don't learn to threaten people with murder to teach them that murdering is wrong."

He goes on to defend the pictures.

"The thing is, everybody's making a big stink about Virginia Tech. Virginia Tech was 32 deaths out of the 26 thousand that happen in America everyday," he said. "That's the problem with college students. They all live in an ivory tower of privilege. They don't understand, when it all boils down to it, it's someone wearing a costume."

Reaction from Tech students and Blacksburg residents was disgust.

"That somebody would have the nerve to mock [the victims]. They were really good people," said local business owner, Carol Gwin.

Gwin knew three of the victims in the shootings and considered them cherished friends.

What a bunch of whiny *****.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2007 05:23 AM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

How are they whiney *****? It was a private party for god's sake. And was this even in Virginia?

Their college students, their kids, who the hell cares. And they even made an album so people can write down 'People Against Costumes' What a bunch of retards. People are killed, you need to get used to it, it happened, it will happen. The college kids wearing the costumes didn't start a parade wearing those costumes, after all.

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Dec 9th, 2007 06:09 AM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

"Virginia Tech was 32 deaths out of the 26 thousand that happen in America everyday".

Exactly.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2007 10:13 AM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Meh, sounds like a shitty, predictable costume, really. It's common to create costumes out of the years biggest headlines, really shouldn't surprise anyone.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2007 10:22 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kram3r

The wearers of the costume didn't go out to offend and did this at a PRIVATE party. It's not like they went out on the streets and went "LULZ, LOOK AT ME, I'MS BEING DA CONTROVERSIAL ONEZZZ!!! FTW!". This is just the oversensitivity of the world that will most likely kill it before Global warming.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2007 10:45 AM
Kram3r is currently offline Click here to Send Kram3r a Private Message Find more posts by Kram3r Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
Meh, sounds like a shitty, predictable costume, really. It's common to create costumes out of the years biggest headlines, really shouldn't surprise anyone.
Sounds like something South Park would do.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Dec 9th, 2007 10:56 AM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tharg
Restricted

Account Restricted

Tasteless and lacking class.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2007 01:10 PM
Tharg is currently offline Click here to Send Tharg a Private Message Find more posts by Tharg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selphie
you teasing like you do

I mean, sure it's just 32 of the 26 thousand deaths in a day of America, but still......

Why would you do that?

I mean, everyday you offend people, no matter if you are trying to or not, but this was obviously on purpose.....

riding high on love's true bluish light

Old Post Dec 9th, 2007 01:22 PM
Selphie is currently offline Click here to Send Selphie a Private Message Find more posts by Selphie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kram3r

Originally posted by SelphieT
I mean, sure it's just 32 of the 26 thousand deaths in a day of America, but still......

Why would you do that?

I mean, everyday you offend people, no matter if you are trying to or not, but this was obviously on purpose.....

It wasn't done "on purpose". They went to a PRIVATE party where the people who saw it would understand the manner in which the costumes were being presented and such. Somehow it got spread and the PC police started blowing it up everyone's ass.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2007 01:28 PM
Kram3r is currently offline Click here to Send Kram3r a Private Message Find more posts by Kram3r Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Grey Fox
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by the news
Virginia Tech was 32 deaths out of the 26 thousand that happen in America everyday.

I think that's a really good point actually, 32 out of 26,000 is, if you rationalise it, nothing.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2007 01:34 PM
The Grey Fox is currently offline Click here to Send The Grey Fox a Private Message Find more posts by The Grey Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selphie
you teasing like you do

Originally posted by Kram3r
It wasn't done "on purpose". They went to a PRIVATE party where the people who saw it would understand the manner in which the costumes were being presented and such. Somehow it got spread and the PC police started blowing it up everyone's ass.

I see.

I wonder what the costume party's theme was. If there was one, that is.

riding high on love's true bluish light

Old Post Dec 9th, 2007 01:34 PM
Selphie is currently offline Click here to Send Selphie a Private Message Find more posts by Selphie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kram3r

Originally posted by SelphieT
I see.

I wonder what the costume party's theme was. If there was one, that is.

Properly just a general costume party.

Don't know much about Halloween, doesn't exist in Australia.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2007 01:37 PM
JacopeX
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Tharg
Tasteless and lacking class.
I agree.

And so what if it was out of 26 thousand that die? They were all murdered in such a horrible way by a person that needed help. I really cannot believe how mindless people can be with the death of others by joking about it are coming up with bullshit. Its way overboard.

The more you question it, the less you will understand.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2007 01:41 PM
JacopeX is currently offline Click here to Send JacopeX a Private Message Find more posts by JacopeX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's O.K to laugh at anything you want, and to dress up as anything you want. Tact should not be applied on people's behalf by censorship, they did nothing wrong.

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Dec 9th, 2007 01:59 PM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kram3r

Originally posted by JacopeX
I agree.

And so what if it was out of 26 thousand that die? They were all murdered in such a horrible way by a person that needed help. I really cannot believe how mindless people can be with the death of others by joking about it are coming up with bullshit. Its way overboard.

Are you even aware that out of those 26,000 that die it's more than likely that more than 32 were killed in worse ways than simply being shot, like the VA Tech incident? Now before you get carried away, that doesn't mean I am saying their murders are any less serve. I'm just saying your logic is bullshit.

Originally posted by chillmeistergen
It's O.K to laugh at anything you want, and to dress up as anything you want. Tact should not be applied on people's behalf by censorship, they did nothing wrong.

I <3 you.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2007 02:49 PM
Deadline

It was a private party but if you put in on facebook it kinda goes public....

Old Post Dec 9th, 2007 03:38 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tharg
Restricted

Account Restricted

Even within a private party basic rules of decency should apply.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2007 03:41 PM
Tharg is currently offline Click here to Send Tharg a Private Message Find more posts by Tharg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Grey Fox
Restricted

Account Restricted

Who cares about decency and publicity? They have the freedom to do what they want, and can't be stopped for it.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2007 03:43 PM
The Grey Fox is currently offline Click here to Send The Grey Fox a Private Message Find more posts by The Grey Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Originally posted by Spidervlad
How are they whiney *****? It was a private party for god's sake. And was this even in Virginia?

Their college students, their kids, who the hell cares. And they even made an album so people can write down 'People Against Costumes' What a bunch of retards. People are killed, you need to get used to it, it happened, it will happen. The college kids wearing the costumes didn't start a parade wearing those costumes, after all.

Aren't you agreeing with him?

Old Post Dec 9th, 2007 03:47 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tharg
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by The Grey Fox
Who cares about decency and publicity? They have the freedom to do what they want, and can't be stopped for it.

With the right to freedom, should come the reponsibility not to use that right to upset others.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2007 03:48 PM