KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » United States Presidential Election 2008 - Official Discussion Thread

Who will you/would you vote for on November 4th?
This poll is closed.
Republican Party - Sen. John McCain (AZ) 16 16.16%
Democratic Party - Sen. Barack Obama (IL) 55 55.56%
Green Party - Former Rep. Cynthia McKinney (GA) 3 3.03%
Libertarian Party - Former Rep. Bob Barr (GA) 3 3.03%
Independent - Activist Ralph Nader (CT) 4 4.04%
Other 2 2.02%
None 16 16.16%
Total: 99 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

United States Presidential Election 2008 - Official Discussion Thread
Started by: Strangelove

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (143): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

United States Presidential Election 2008 - Official Discussion Thread

As we are less than 100 days until Election Day, November 4th, I thought it prudent to have an official discussion thread and poll for the Presidential election. This thread can be used for all discussion of policy and politics between the nominees of the two major parties and the several third parties.

Uh, have at it.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2008 04:00 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

I'm not a huge fan of the republican party...but I would vote McCain...there's something about Obama that makes me thinks he's a lying little torag who would sell his grandmother for votes...(possibly the fact that he stood for public office)

Old Post Aug 6th, 2008 04:09 AM
Grand-Moff-Gav is currently offline Click here to Send Grand-Moff-Gav a Private Message Find more posts by Grand-Moff-Gav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

If the fact that he's held public office makes him seem like someone who would sell his grandmother upriver, how do you not think the same thing about McCain?

Old Post Aug 6th, 2008 04:13 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Strangelove
If the fact that he's held public office makes him seem like someone who would sell his grandmother upriver, how do you not think the same thing about McCain?

I don't think he's got a grandmother to sell. laughing

However, seriously there is something about Obama's message that makes me think "I've heard this before..." (and it wasnt from JFK)

Old Post Aug 6th, 2008 04:13 AM
Grand-Moff-Gav is currently offline Click here to Send Grand-Moff-Gav a Private Message Find more posts by Grand-Moff-Gav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

I probably wouldn't vote.

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Aug 6th, 2008 04:14 AM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
I don't think he's got a grandmother to sell. laughing

However, seriously there is something about Obama's message that makes me think "I've heard this before..." (and it wasnt from JFK)
Gary Hart?

Old Post Aug 6th, 2008 04:15 AM
Grand-Moff-Gav

Originally posted by chillmeistergen
I probably wouldn't vote.

Would that be the same in a British election?

Old Post Aug 6th, 2008 04:15 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Voting for Obama.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2008 04:16 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Would that be the same in a British election?

No.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2008 04:17 AM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

I'm voting for Obama as well.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2008 04:17 AM
Grand-Moff-Gav

No.

Brown, Cameron or Clegg?

Or one of...the others!

Old Post Aug 6th, 2008 04:24 AM
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Brown, Cameron or Clegg?

Or one of...the others!

Probably Clegg.

Although, even though I've lost an awful lot of faith in Labour, I'd still vote for Brown over Cameron. Who's your choice?

Old Post Aug 6th, 2008 04:27 AM
Blinky
Android First Class

I'm taking myself out of this equation for failure... I am choosing to vote for neither of them.

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead."

Old Post Aug 6th, 2008 04:28 AM
Blinky is currently offline Click here to Send Blinky a Private Message Find more posts by Blinky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Probably Clegg.

Although, even though I've lost an awful lot of faith in Labour, I'd still vote for Brown over Cameron. Who's your choice?
what are the virtues of voting Liberal Democrat? I mean, coming from a two-party system like I do, I don't understand how it helps.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2008 04:29 AM
Grand-Moff-Gav

Probably Clegg.

I am unsure as of yet...if I was in the consituency I am in just now, I would vote for the local MP (a Lib Dem) as hes a nice man. However, if i moved I would likely vote Labour...or maybe even SNP...I really am undecided on that issue...

Ofcourse, I think its fitting considering how Cameron really would like to be seen as the Obama of Britain...although, where Obama is concerned about having a running mate who is already an established political force (Hilary) for fear of ruining his change message, Cameron doesn't seem to think his Cabinet of which half went to the same public school and whos families have been in politics for generations will tarnish his at all.

what are the virtues of voting Liberal Democrat? I mean, coming from a two-party system like I do, I don't understand how it helps.

Nader-2000

Last edited by Grand-Moff-Gav on Aug 6th, 2008 at 04:34 AM

Old Post Aug 6th, 2008 04:32 AM
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

I suppose just under the hope that people will eventually come round to the way of thinking. The Lib Dems votes are on the rise though, it could be a very real possibility that they'll get more votes than Labour.

Other than that, it's usually a lot more worth while to vote for them in the locals and one of the other two in the general, I suppose. Though, I haven't even had a chance to vote yet.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2008 04:34 AM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

I suppose just under the hope that people will eventually come round to the way of thinking. The Lib Dems votes are on the rise though, it could be a very real possibility that they'll get more votes than Labour.

Other than that, it's usually a lot more worth while to vote for them in the locals and one of the other two in the general, I suppose. Though, I haven't even had a chance to vote yet.
I hear a lot about how Labour is in trouble for the next election, but I don't really understand how - it has 157 seats more than the Conservatives, how are they in danger?

EDIT: Although upon further reading I guess the functional governing majority is only 59 seats, with coalitions.

Last edited by Strangelove on Aug 6th, 2008 at 04:44 AM

Old Post Aug 6th, 2008 04:37 AM
vinz07

I'll go for Barack Obama..I think he is capable of that position. If ever, he is the first black american president. but VOTE wisely!!!wink

Old Post Aug 6th, 2008 06:41 AM
vinz07 is currently offline Click here to Send vinz07 a Private Message Find more posts by vinz07 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

I wouldn't vote for either. I know, I prefer Obama, but he's not as good as some of the others who ran. To be honest, what differences do Obama and McCain have from Kerry and Bush? I'd've voted for Kerry because he didn't have as much chance of winning as Obama does. Kerry was the rich massachusettes liberal, and Obama's the cool black guy.

Probably Clegg.

I'd vote for Clegg too, as for Brown over Cameron, I don't know, both are authoritarian idiots.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Aug 6th, 2008 11:59 AM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

I hear a lot about how Labour is in trouble for the next election, but I don't really understand how - it has 157 seats more than the Conservatives, how are they in danger?

EDIT: Although upon further reading I guess the functional governing majority is only 59 seats, with coalitions.

It can be very treacherous- especially when many of Labour's seats are swing-seats and very likely to change hands at the next election.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2008 02:56 PM